Found Deceased TX - Michael Swearingin, 32, & Jenna Scott, 28, Temple, Bell County, 4 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ex-boyfriend of missing local woman won’t fight return to Texas

Cedric Marks, the former boyfriend of a Central Texas woman who’s missing along with a male friend, won’t fight his return to the state after his arrest in Michigan on an outstanding local burglary warrant.

Marks, 44, was arrested on Jan. 8 in Kent County, Mich., on the Temple burglary warrant.

[...]

Marks waived extradition, Bell County District Attorney Henry Garza said Monday, and “will be returned to Bell County in the immediate future.”

Police have not identified Marks as a suspect or person of interest in their investigation of the disappearance.

“The investigation by the Temple Police Department and other authorities into the search for Jenna Scott and Michael Swearingin is active, fluid and continues,” Garza said.

Meanwhile a source with knowledge of the case says Texas Rangers have joined the investigation of the disappearance of the two.

Volunteers searched for the pair unsuccessfully on Saturday.

Ex-boyfriend of missing local woman won’t fight return to Texas

Cedric Marks, the former boyfriend of a Central Texas woman who’s missing along with a male friend, won’t fight his return to the state after his arrest in Michigan on an outstanding local burglary warrant.

Marks, 44, was arrested on Jan. 8 in Kent County, Mich., on the Temple burglary warrant.

[...]

Marks waived extradition, Bell County District Attorney Henry Garza said Monday, and “will be returned to Bell County in the immediate future.”

Police have not identified Marks as a suspect or person of interest in their investigation of the disappearance.

“The investigation by the Temple Police Department and other authorities into the search for Jenna Scott and Michael Swearingin is active, fluid and continues,” Garza said.

Meanwhile a source with knowledge of the case says Texas Rangers have joined the investigation of the disappearance of the two.

I’m glad that Texas Rangers have joined the investigation.

I hope that they bring Mr. Marks back to TX ASAP. As others have suggested, I suspect he is someone who has gotten away with a lot in the past, and unfortunately, I am not terribly hopeful that he will be much of a help as to locating Michael and Jenna. This happrned in TX, however, so depending upon how much evidence against Marks they can gather, they may be able to use the death penalty as leverage.

I know I am getting way ahead of myself, as they haven’t even identified him as a suspect or POI in the investigation into Jenna and Michael’s disappearance.

LE has been very tight-lipped, and I’m sure for a good reason, but here is my attempt at a timeline:

Thurs., 1/3:
4:10 p.m.: MS last seen

4:38 p.m.: JS last seen
(both per “Richie Davis, a friend of Swearingin’s”)

“(A)t around 8:30 p.m.: “‘(A)ll [security system] footage was completely deleted from his home computer at around 8:30 p.m. and the camera system was shut off.’”
(per RD, the friend)
Police seek help finding missing people

Fri., 1/4:
3 a.m.: “Last heard from on 1-4-19 at 3 am driving Gray Hyundai Genesis.”
(per TPD)
Temple Police Department, Temple, TX

However, “[RD, the friend] wrote on Facebook that messages were sent from Michael’s phone around 3 a.m. Friday that ‘were not him but were trying to pretend to be him.’ Law enforcement has not commented on this.”
https://heavy.com/news/2019/01/jenna-scott-michael-swearingin/

And “It is still not clear who Scott or Swearingin had contacted at 3 a.m. Friday, according to Temple police.”
Mother asking for prayers as police continue search for Jenna Scott, Michael Swearingin

Sat., 1/5:
“early Saturday morning”: “(T)heir car was discovered empty and without a trace of them on East 12th Street and Poquito Street in east Austin.”
(“One friend said he and several others went searching for the Hyundai Genesis they were said to be driving. That group used tracking services to find the empty car early Saturday morning. ”)
Two people vanished from Temple

However, “‘I don’t think they went to Austin and I know they did not go to that area of town,’ [Deborah] Harrison [Michael’s mom] said. ‘I think that’s just where somebody left their car, but I don’t have any proof of that. That’s just mamma’s gut.’”
Mother asking for prayers as police continue search for Jenna Scott, Michael Swearingin

And “Richie Davis, one of Michael’s friends, said on Facebook that the car had been parked with the doors unlocked for more than 24 hours before they found it. Davis said the phone stopped tracking around the corner from where the car was found.”
https://heavy.com/news/2019/01/jenna-scott-michael-swearingin/

It’s about an hour and 15 minute drive from Temple to where Michael’s car was found in Austin:
Google Maps

“‘Police give very, very little hope that Jenna and Michael will be found alive,’ Deborah Daniel-Harrison, the mother of 32-year-old Michael Swearingin, said Sunday on her Facebook page.

Daniel-Harrison told the Telegram on Monday that the missing person case is now a multi-agency investigation.

Swearingin has been missing along with his friend, 28-year-old Jenna Scott, for 11 days now.

The Temple Police Department had no updates Monday that could be released in the case of the two missing friends, Cpl. Shawana Neely said.

Scott’s father, Jonathan Scott, waited Monday for an update from the department, he told the Telegram.

‘They said they would know more by the end of the day,’ Scott said.

Scott couldn’t be reached Monday by press time.”
Multiple agencies reportedly look into friends’ disappearance

“‘Police give very, very little hope that Jenna and Michael will be found alive,’ Deborah Daniel-Harrison, the mother of 32-year-old Michael Swearingin, said Sunday on her Facebook page.

Daniel-Harrison told the Telegram on Monday that the missing person case is now a multi-agency investigation.

Swearingin has been missing along with his friend, 28-year-old Jenna Scott, for 11 days now.

The Temple Police Department had no updates Monday that could be released in the case of the two missing friends, Cpl. Shawana Neely said.

Scott’s father, Jonathan Scott, waited Monday for an update from the department, he told the Telegram.

‘They said they would know more by the end of the day,’ Scott said.

Scott couldn’t be reached Monday by press time.”
Multiple agencies reportedly look into friends’ disappearance
Sounds like CM is either talking or they have found evidence based on his activity. How awful for these families.

I wish we had pics to compare, but coincidences??? One is writing an mma website about his woman woes and the other is teaching self defense and just happens to have similar issues (minus the child)?? I'm awed right now.

Killeen: Gym empowers women

BTW: April is missing from my hometown area.

Looks like LE is looking into the connection and disappearance of April.............

Ex-boyfriend of missing local woman eyed in 2009 disappearance
Ex-boyfriend of missing local woman eyed in 2009 disappearance
Cedric-Marks-Temple-burglary-01.14.19.jpg

TEMPLE, Texas (KWTX) Police in Minnesota confirmed Tuesday they’re reopening their investigation of the 2009 disappearance of a woman linked to the ex-boyfriend of a missing Temple woman and her male friend.

Jenna Scott, 28, and her friend Michael Swearingin, 32, were last heard from at 3 a.m. on Jan. 4.

Cedric Marks, 44, was arrested on Jan. 8 in Kent County, Mich., on the Temple burglary warrant.

He was named in a protective order sought by Scott that was issued in September 2018.

Temple police confirmed Marks was Scott’s ex-boyfriend, but they have not identified Marks as a suspect or person of interest in their investigation of the disappearance of Scott and Swearingin.

But police in Bloomington, Minn., say he will be looked at in connection with the March 17, 2009 disappearance of another former girlfriend, April Pease.

“We will be reopening the case of April Pease and we’ll be looking at Marks,” Bloomington police Sgt. Jeff Ratzloff told KWTX Tuesday.

Records show that Pease and Marks had been in a bitter child custody dispute for months before she disappeared.

Court records obtained by KWTX show Pease, who was from Washington State, had a child with Marks.

She fled to Bloomington for her safety according to court statements, but was dealing with a long term drug problem.

When she failed to show up for a court appearance on the child custody issue on March 20, 2009—three days after she disappeared--Marks wrote in a statement to the judge, "She's probably relapsed into drug activity."

Marks was awarded custody of the child.

Pease has never been found.

Marks' name came up in the investigation of the disappearance, but at the time he wasn't considered a suspect, police said.

“Marks has terrorized and hurt our family for several years now. We are not surprised that he may be involved in the disappearance of a former girlfriend in Minnesota," Scott’s father, Jonathan Scott, said Tuesday.

Marks won’t fight his return to the state after his arrest in Michigan on an outstanding local burglary warrant.

Anyone with information is asked to call (254) 298-5500.

I live in Houston and am very surprised this isn't getting more news attention. I haven't seen it one time.
I live in Houston also. I only see online news. I can’t remember where I saw first but most likely FB news outlets or in Apple news. I hope for family that this is resolved soon. They don’t need added trauma of years and decades of being missing.

I have a gut feeling this will not have a happy ending. My heart breaks for the families of Michael and Jenna. Sounds like they have the right guy in custody though. Hopefully, the Pease family will find closure as well. This guy appears to be a complete monster! BBM
Scott described abuse and her fear of her ex-boyfriend."I believe he is a pathological liar. I believe he is a psychopath," Scott said in a document filed with the Bell County court.She said her former boyfriend told her about killing pets when he was a child. He explained how he covered up the killings and "he could do the same in Texas," the affidavit said. Scott said her ex threatened to hurt and her family.She described his physical abuse in the document.
"On two occasions, he choked me until I lost consciousness. Each time he allowed me to regain consciousness and then he choked me out again," Scott said in the affidavit

More at link Arrest records reveal volatile past of missing Temple woman, her ex-boyfriend

Last edited:
Ex-boyfriend of missing Temple woman named person of interest in 2009 disappearance of Minnesota woman

Police in Minnesota confirmed Tuesday they were investigating the ex-boyfriend of a Temple woman missing for more than a week in connection with the 2009 disappearance of a woman from Minnesota.

Bloomington Police department Public Information Officer Mike Hartley said they were looking at Cedric Marks as a possible person of interest in the missing persons case of April Pease. However, Hartley said he was not considered a suspect in the Pease case.

[...]

BBM
The Temple Police Department requested assistance from the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation in connection to a homicide investigation.
At 10:25 a.m., the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation said they are assisting multiple agencies, including Texas law enforcement, in a homicide case in Clearview, which is about an hour south of Tulsa.
Temple police said on Tuesday they obtained information relating to the investigation of missing Jenna Scott and Michael Swearinginthat lead them to an area in Oklahoma.
Law enforcement at the scene of the house in Clearview said they would be at the home for multiple days searching about 100 square-yards. No one is living at the home, but it is not a completely abandoned property.
Scott and Swearingin have been missing since Jan. 3.
Scott's ex-boyfriend Cedric Marks was recently arrested for burglary in Michigan. He will be extradited to Bell County.
Police in Minnesota said they are looking into Mark's connection to another missing woman who disappeared in 2009. The woman, April Pease, had a child with Marks.

BBM
The Temple Police Department requested assistance from the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation in connection to a homicide investigation.
At 10:25 a.m., the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation said they are assisting multiple agencies, including Texas law enforcement, in a homicide case in Clearview, which is about an hour south of Tulsa.
Temple police said on Tuesday they obtained information relating to the investigation of missing Jenna Scott and Michael Swearinginthat lead them to an area in Oklahoma.
Law enforcement at the scene of the house in Clearview said they would be at the home for multiple days searching about 100 square-yards. No one is living at the home, but it is not a completely abandoned property.
Scott and Swearingin have been missing since Jan. 3.
Scott's ex-boyfriend Cedric Marks was recently arrested for burglary in Michigan. He will be extradited to Bell County.
Police in Minnesota said they are looking into Mark's connection to another missing woman who disappeared in 2009. The woman, April Pease, had a child with Marks.
Oh no. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member