Found Safe TX - Michele Roode Boyd, 41, San Antonio, 24 Nov 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is Michele's husband and I thought I would check back again and clear some things up for you guys so you stop guessing lol.

First, I would like to thank and praise the people that complimented me. This has been THE hardest things i have ever had to endure. I originally did not say much about our daughter, to AVOID the focus being on the crime and rather the focus being on finding Michele.

1. The confusion with my other daughters statement. CPS/school counselor got that completely twisted up. She was trying to tell them what she knew happened with the real incident and somehow got that out of it. I mean really, if my wife had done something similar the same day, then I gave her back like it was no big deal? That is the most idiotic logic I've heard. Whoever took the report needs to find a new profession.

2. (We know now) She 100% suffers from mental illness. I will not go into details but she does.

3. I agree, the hospital bill is outrageous. Of course, that amount was the base cost, automatically cut in half with insurance discounts alone. What they dont tell you is that I flew out there the day after she was arrested, saw Michele, then went to the hospital and gave them her ID and insurance information. The representative there told me they would not file charges because of my honesty and made the effort to fix what had happened. They followed thru with that huh...

4. She was in the hospital 10 days. 7 of them she was comatose (ICU = big bill). When she woke up she gave them the name she had been for a year. Then reality set in momentarily and she contacted us. I am not sure how the police found out but I have an idea.

5. The NC charges are basically gone now. After spending 30+ hours (cumulative) on the phone, I finally got the hospital to get the correct documentation to the right insurance. Yes, this entire problem was caused by the hospital filing the claim to the wrong insurance so it was denied. So I had to clean it up. Makes sense right? Pff. All this did is delay her getting back here to receive real treatment, not to mention cost me wayyyy more money than I needed to spend.

6. I am 99% sure she will be getting treatment over jail. The 1% is if the judge is having a horrible day and wants to go against the DA. Doubt that. She has 0 criminal history and gained constant recognition as a nurse, not to mention that anyone that knew her prior to this was in unbelievable shock. I dont think she has even gotren a speeding ticket...

In closing, I want to say that the mind is powerful. After all this, I cannot emphasize enough to respect it. If you have troubling thoughts, odd behavior, constant paranoia, depression, etc... get help. If you know someone like this, seek help..to help them correctly. If you sit idly by thinking it's a phase or harmless, you could be in for some life changing events that you NEVER thought you would. In retrospect, I have become a stronger person, father, husband, Christian, and friend but obviously this is not the optimal route to achieve this. It was a path I wouldn't send my worst enemy down.

Edit - I saw the comment on Kerman Emergent. That is the name the hospital gave her. It's a strange alternative to Jane Doe I guess.

Thank you for your courage and your commitment to finding out the truth in this. I'm retired federal LEO and this never felt like foul play to me and I hope she would turn up and seek help. I will pray for all of you in the coming days, as will my church family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back