Found Safe TX - Michele Roode Boyd, 41, San Antonio, 24 Nov 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Also- there is a difference between a coma, being catatonic, and being unresponsive voluntarily. Just putting that out there.

Sebastian mom's prayers answered; missing daughter found after 16 months
https://www.tcpalm.com/story/opinio...hter-found-after-16-months-reisman/443876002/
The Sebastian woman had faith she'd find her daughter, Michele Roode Boyd, who disappeared near her San Antonio home Thanksgiving 2016.
“I really believe it is a miracle,” Roode said Tuesday from Raleigh, North Carolina, where she saw her daughter. “God is real. God answers prayers.”
Now comes the challenging task of resurrecting Boyd’s life.
[...]
64d470f8e10ac7ca495789f63ea80e3b.jpg

Michele Roode Boyd and her mother, Sue Roode of Sebastian, pose during a paint party in Boyd’s hometown of San Antonio on Feb. 5, 2016.

I must be missing something! The stepsister told authorities that she tied the 5 yr old up with a rope and stuffed a towel in her mouth but she was still left with the Mom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also- there is a difference between a coma, being catatonic, and being unresponsive voluntarily. Just putting that out there.

Not to mention that a nurse may know what cocktail of drugs, either legal or illicit to take in order to put herself out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I must be missing something! The stepsister told authorities that she tied the 5 yr old up with a rope and stuffed a towel in her mouth but she was still left with the Mom?

I believe the article says she was released to her Dad after the first incident. I assume Dad allowed Mom to take her back, but we don’t know. And of course, this is hearsay from the stepsister, not LE or the dad, so we can’t be sure there were actually two incidents. But if there were, it certainly raises questions.

I believe the article says she was released to her Dad after the first incident. I assume Dad allowed Mom to take her back, but we don’t know. And of course, this is hearsay from the stepsister, not LE or the dad, so we can’t be sure there were actually two incidents. But if there were, it certainly raises questions.
LE stated what the step-sister told them in the arrest warrant affidavit. So, at least with respect to what happened in the earlier incident that is something LE reported in a court document.

LE stated what the step-sister told them in the arrest warrant affidavit. So, at least with respect to what happened in the earlier incident that is something LE reported in a court document.

Thanks. I was going by memory. If the step-sister was accurate in what she told LE, I’m quite shocked that Michelle was allowed to take her little girl home, apparently by the dad. I don’t recall if there was a formal custody arrangement yet, since they were only separated. If so, perhaps Dad had to return her during the holiday. I would think this little girl would be afraid to go with her Mom, though.

is Michele a victim?

This case is unlike most other cases on WS and I'm sure you know that no two cases are exactly alike it seems.

Since Michele was located, we have learned that the police have considered her a fugitive from the law from the moment she was reported missing. So, no, Michele is not a victim in the way the term victim is used in most cases here on WS.

It is possible to be both a victim and a perpetrator and it's possible that we will learn that Michele herself has been victimized in some way. That may come out in court documents or in a trial if there is one. But the crimes she is alleged to have committed against her own child are horrible. If those allegations are true, then Michele needs to face the criminal consequences for them. She may also need some mental health help, but to be honest, I don't think that's completely clear at this point. Some of the things she has done (or not done) indicate a level of planning and mental soundness.

I think we are all very happy that a missing person was found alive because that seems to happen so rarely, but Michele needs to face the consequences of her actions as well. Her mother, brother, husband, and daughter are all victims. That much is very clear.

It is okay to speculate that Michele may not have been in quite as much danger as she is claiming. The speculation should not get out of hand, but I think it's reasonable to be skeptical of the statements that are being attributed to Michele.

One thing that is a little disheartening is that looking at the video and pictures of Michelle since found... I don’t think I would have recognized her if I were standing right next to her even after following this case from the beginning.

Thanks. I was going by memory. If the step-sister was accurate in what she told LE, I’m quite shocked that Michelle was allowed to take her little girl home, apparently by the dad. I don’t recall if there was a formal custody arrangement yet, since they were only separated. If so, perhaps Dad had to return her during the holiday. I would think this little girl would be afraid to go with her Mom, though.

So in re-reading the article, I agree it's confusing. However, the way I interpret it is that the "girl was released to her dad" was the final time. LE only learned of the first tying up incident sometime afterwards - it appears that that incident occurred only in the home. See below:

"A detective reviewed surveillance video and saw the mother and child inside the store at about 11:30 p.m. the prior day. A store employee told a detective that Boyd was trying to shoplift several items. The employee called the police, but Boyd and her daughter had already left the store.

Hours later, just before 2:15 a.m., police were called a second time and found the child tied to the ice machine. Investigators found tape on the machine that corroborated the child's story.
Investigators later learned that the girl's stepsister told a school guidance counselor that she was worried about her sibling. She said that Boyd had stuffed a towel in the girl's mouth, secured it with duct tape and tied her up with rope the day of the alleged shoplifting incident.

The girl was released to her father."

BBM. So the sequence of events chronologically seem to be:

1) Michele ties her daughter up and stuffs a towel in her mouth, which is observed by step-sister and later told to guidance counselor. We don't know when she tells about this happening but we can assume it wasn't Thanksgiving since there wouldn't be any school.
2) On the night she disappears, Michele takes her daughter to Walgreen's and attempts to shoplift. This happens around 11:30pm. (Who takes a young child out that late?) Store calls LE but by the time they arrive Michele and daughter are gone.
3) Michele ties her daughter up to the ice machine and disappears at 2:15am. Her daughter is found by a Walgreen's employee, LE is called again.
4) Her daughter is then released to her father.
Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article206005244.html#storylink=cpy

You know, I remember many of us felt that the whole thing about her daughter being tied to the ice machine, given that Michelle said she would bring ice to the Thanksgiving Day dinner, was super odd. Like maybe staged by her disappearer whom I was starting to suspect was her poor ex-husband. Now that we know the truth, it feels more like a message left - in fact, a mean spirited one. "Oh, you want me to bring ice? Go get it yourself, and while you're at it, here's our daughter!"

And since our mod has graciously allowed us to discuss Michelle in a greater context than just a victim, I'm going to express that I'm feeling a lot less than sympathetic. Lots of people with mental health issues have breaks with realities but it's rare that they express cruelty, neglect, etc., onto their children. (Although I guess some do kill them under the "hearing voices" level of psychosis. I don't see this here.)

So I'm going to ask - could the signs of mental illness, some of the paranoia that were observed, be a result of drug use instead? Something like coke or meth, but opiates certainly aren't out of the question. Nurses are far from immune to it - high stress jobs, easy access to the drugs. I know many nurses in recovery. There are some elements of this that make me lean towards it. Shoplifting, for one. Also, would a mentally ill paranoid women take off and hook up with a stranger, travel round the country? Wouldn't she be wary of that? And the guy - homeless, nomad, and then they end up shacking up with his mom - many of the hallmarks of chronic drug abusers, from my perspective. I could completely be off-base of course, but so many things just seem off. I have been around a lot of people in recovery, and her actions just kind of ring a bell with the stories I've heard. And to be fair, I have more experience in that area and not much with mental health. Not that mental illness ever adds up either or makes sense. Final thing - the taping of the mouth, stuffing of the towel, etc. - silencing the daughter? Maybe her secret was about to be exposed, the little girl said she was going to tell? Given how quiet the family was on how the daughter was found, just because we haven't heard about it doesn't mean it wasn't an issue - known or unknown at the time.

Again - hope that Michele gets the help she needs, regardless of what kind it is. And when she is well, she must face the consequences of what she put her daughter and her family through. I pray her daughter can come to terms and understanding. I can only imagine that maybe she believes she was the cause of Michele running anyway and that's heartbreaking to think about. Right now all my sympathies are with her, and those she left behind.

I also have to be aware of my own biases - I am much much more willing to give her the benefit of the doubt and be lenient to Michele, because she is a woman, a nurse, a mom, than I think I would be if this had been a father who did this. Food for thought.

Yikes just imagine if a father had done this...very few people would be concerned about his health Imo...

Yikes just imagine if a father had done this...very few people would be concerned about his health Imo...

He would be portrayed as a monster and sent to prison.
I’m surprised the media didn’t report on a little girl tied to an ice machine and left in the middle of the night. We could have put two and two together and maybe looked at this in a much different light.

I think she was doing drugs. She knew enough to run and use a fake name.

Haven’t seen any new updates by Le ... just checking in.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article207677239.html

Boyd was being treated at WakeMed from March 17-19, and her care cost $136,428.47, according to an arrest warrant. Boyd, initially known only as Jane Doe to hospital officials, told them her name was Jessie Brown, police charged.

How is this cost possible?!?! That's obscene.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I'm guessing the dates are a typo- because they originally said she had been there for 10 days. Right?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayraeyn123
Back