Found Safe TX - Michele Roode Boyd, 41, San Antonio, 24 Nov 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
[...]

WakeMed police arrested her on a charge of abandonment of a child out of Bexar County, Texas. It was not immediately clear whether a child was at risk, but reports from San Antonio said that she was a mother.

In Texas, Boyd was a nurse at Christus Health Systems. It was not clear whether she was a patient, a visitor or an employee at WakeMed at the time of her arrest.

She was being held on $200,000 secured bond.

http://www.wral.com/woman-reported-missing-in-texas-arrested-at-wakemed/17429759/

The end of that first paragraph? “...reports said she was a mother”. Very weird.

O.M.G. Just now seeing a news article that I see y'all have already posted. Here is another link-

https://www.wfaa.com/amp/article?se...h-abandoning-daughter&contentId=273-530211472
ETA I just don't know what to think. I am happy she is alive but how could she do that to her daughter? What has she been doing? Imagine the person that found her and if they knew the history of her going missing.
I will be reading/catching up tonight.

I'm not shocked, but then my interactions with this thread have all been pretty solidly in the camp that she ran off due to paranoias and mental illness, so it's confirming my theories so far, hah. It's heartbreaking that her daughter had to suffer like that - even IF she were in the middle of a break, there are much much safer ways she could have left her daughter behind - still terrible and scarring, but nothing that involved, you know, duct taping the child and tying her to a freakin' ice chest.

I'm very much pleased to see Tricia's response regarding the husband. I think some folks are just hell bent on pointing fingers certain ways no matter what, but if someone's not a POI in the eyes of the law, with all the information THEY have (which we don't have all of) then it moves from sleuthing into a witch hunt that helps no one.

And how happy you SHOULD be that he wasn't involved. She doesn't have to lose both parents, like so many other children do in missing persons cases.

Wow. Wow. WOW! So the police knew all along and have had an arrest warrant out on her for the abandonment of her daughter. Obviously there is something really wrong with her. I'll let th judicial system figure out what that is.

To tell the truth, I had no idea which way this one was going to go. I wasn’t blaming anyone in her family but I also wasn’t sure about the mental break. It was a shocker that it took over a year for her to pop up! I thought that something bad had happened due to the side of town that she was on. I’m angry that she left her daughter there and it wasn’t some stranger.

MOOMOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A new article out of North Carolina
http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article206005244.html

Boyd was a patient at WakeMed for 10 days and was listed as "Jane Doe" after she refused to disclose her identity to the medical officials who were treating her. She later went into a coma, according to the arrest warrant.
Local investigators think Boyd might have mental health issues. She has lived all over the country since she allegedly abandoned her daughter. Police in Texas think Boyd is a danger to herself, as well as her daughter.

ETA: Since it says she has lived all over the country I wonder how she was traveling since her vehicle had been abandoned - especially getting around after leaving her daughter.

Wow!
I’m glad she was finally found and feel so terrible for her daughter and those that have been so worried about her.
And yes, I suspected foul play but only because it was all so weird I couldn’t make sense of it all. Glad I was wrong.

A new article out of North Carolina

ETA: Since it says she has lived all over the country I wonder how she was traveling since her vehicle had been abandoned - especially getting around after leaving her daughter.

Wait! What? How long was she in a coma? Maybe she was hitchhiking. I wonder if she remembers where she’s been and what she’s done. I have lots of questions.

MOOMOO

Just saw this thread; what an unusual story. I am so glad that Michele was found. Clearly, she has some mental health issues, and hopefully, she can now receive proper treatment.

Holy cow! Did not see this outcome coming! It sounds like there’s quite a bit to sort through, but I am glad she’s alive. Everything else can be worked on!

I just saw this on my local news station out of San Antonio and raced on here to see if you all had seen this and I’m way behind y’all lol. I’m so glad she was found safe, but like many of you so disturbed by the way she left her daughter. BUT you can’t get into the mind of a mental ill person. Plus this goes to show you, no one knows what’s going on behind closed doors. I’ve said on multiple occasions that I thought her disappearance was due to mental illness and I’m not shocked she was eventually found... but I’m absolutely shocked by what I’m reading concerning the treatment of the child. Now it makes more sense why hubby filed for sole custody recently. I really thought hubbys post seemed genuine and made sense if you’ve ever had experience dealing with mentally ill people.
Prayers to the family, Michelle and everyone involved.
A side note, Tricia is so right about pointing fingers. The whole reason I came to webslueths is because of the disappearance of Brandon Lawson but had to leave his thread a long time ago for the same reasons, a few bad apples spoil the bunch.

Yesterday, officers in North Carolina found her at a hospital and arrested her. Her husband said she was with a homeless man and had been living under an alias. Boyd's mother said her daughter got sick and was getting treated at a hospital. Eventually, she gave up her real name.

"She almost died. They said they had to resuscitate her twice and that she was in ICU with a ventilator. When she came to, her friend was there and she confessed," said Sue Roode, Michele's mother. "We all felt that she was alive somewhere. That she was running, hiding. We knew that she was exhibiting paranoia behavior before she left."

Her family said Boyd likely had a mental illness but has yet to be diagnosed by a doctor. Boyd's husband and mother are planning to stay in Raleigh to support her. They plan on getting her help before they return to San Antonio.

http://www.kens5.com/article/news/l...ias-and-found-in-nc-family-says/273-530432243

Boyd was arrested at the hospital, where she was being treated after suffering a seizure, on a charge of abandonment of a child out of Bexar County, Texas.

Boyd's mother, Sue Roode, said it was a relief to see her daughter alive on Tuesday during her first court appearance.

"She almost died. She told me they had to resuscitate her twice, and she was in ICU on a ventilator," Roode said.

Boyd agreed to go back to Texas to face the change for leaving her daughter tied up in a parking lot shortly before she disappeared. Her daughter, now 7, is unharmed and with her father.

"It was so out of character for her. We just couldn't even believe she did it," Roode said.

Roode says she believes her daughter suffers from mental illness.

"We knew she was exhibiting some paranoia before she left. I knew she was hiding somewhere, and she was afraid," she said.

The family just wants Boyd home where she can get the help she needs.

http://www.wral.com/woman-reported-missing-in-texas-arrested-at-wakemed/17429759/

In court on Tuesday, Sue Roode laid eyes on her daughter for the first time in 16 months. She said Michele Boyd had been acting paranoid in the days before her disappearance.

Sue Roode also said her daughter never intended to hurt her toddler.

"No. She was in fear for her daughter's safety," Sue Roode said. "She really felt that someone was after her and was gonna harm her family and that she had to get away from them for their sake."

[...]

"I want her to get some help and get back," Sue Roode said. "I want her to be able to get back to her daughter and be mommy. She needs her mommy."

A Wake County judge waived extradition for Boyd on Tuesday. Her mother said she'll be returned to Texas within the next two weeks.

http://abc11.com/texas-mother-missing-since-2016-arrested-at-wakemed-in-raleigh/3238354/

[...]

Investigators later learned that the girl's stepsister told a school guidance counselor that she was worried about her sibling. She said that Boyd had stuffed a towel in the girl's mouth, secured it with duct tape and tied her up with rope the day of the alleged shoplifting incident.

The girl was released to her father.

Boyd is being held at the Wake County jail under $200,000 bail. Her mother is coming from Florida "to get her," according to the arrest warrant.

On this thread, there were many of you that wanted to point a finger at Michelle's husband as being the killer.

What would have happened had our mods not stepped in and stopped this discussion?

Well, first, Websleuths as a whole would look like idiots.

Second, the kids would read about how Websleuths members made horrible accusations against their father.

Everyone, there is always a very good reason why we do things a certain way. It's based on years of experience, years of making mistakes, and years of trying to figure out better ways to discuss true crime.

Next time you want to point the finger at someone and claim this person killed another? Please don't. Not until you have powerful and convincing evidence that goes along with your theory.

Thank you,
Tricia

This. I am really, really tired of seeing thread after thread where people jump to blame the husband/boyfriend and where relevant, the parents. Often when I read a thread I've missed and I come in at the end of hundreds of posts, I jump to the start of the thread and see so many "let's face it, it's the husband" "I'm getting hinky feelings about the husband" and then at the end the victim like, got eaten by an elephant or something and the husband is nothing but an innocent and grieving widower. Stop and think how you'd feel in that situation. There's no harm in us here giving husbands/boyfriends/families the benefit of the doubt - it's not like that prevents LE from finding the truth! Even LE give these people the benefit of the doubt at first.

I know what the statistics are. But it doesn't actually take any intellectual prowess to always jump to blame the ~husband. It's low effort posting. People here should have learned by now that things actually aren't always that simple, what appears to be "occam's razor" actually doesn't always apply, and if you do rush to judge then if those people happen to read Websleuths or catch wind of what is said here, you are compounding their pain and spreading mistruths.

I'm not telling anyone how to post, just talking about my own feelings. I've been guilty of doing the same thing, not saying I'm perfect in this, but the longer I'm around here and the more cases I read, the more I feel that judgment needs to be put on hold until all facts are known. Nothing is lost here by being a little hesitant to blame. Not to mention, all too often, initial media reports are totally wrong - sometimes because journos have their facts wrong, and sometimes not all facts are being released by LE.

In court on Tuesday, Sue Roode laid eyes on her daughter for the first time in 16 months. She said Michele Boyd had been acting paranoid in the days before her disappearance.

Sue Roode also said her daughter never intended to hurt her toddler.

"No. She was in fear for her daughter's safety," Sue Roode said. "She really felt that someone was after her and was gonna harm her family and that she had to get away from them for their sake."

[...]

"I want her to get some help and get back," Sue Roode said. "I want her to be able to get back to her daughter and be mommy. She needs her mommy."

A Wake County judge waived extradition for Boyd on Tuesday. Her mother said she'll be returned to Texas within the next two weeks.

http://abc11.com/texas-mother-missing-since-2016-arrested-at-wakemed-in-raleigh/3238354/
WHAT!??! Well I'll be dipped. I was one who was 50/50 on the fence, but teetering the other way. I am so shocked.

And ummm I hope she doesn't get to mommy that little girl again. YIKES!

I kept teetering between murder and suicide in this case only because she was gone for so long that it didn't seem likely she could go unnoticed that long with a paranoid mental illness. But I'm happy to have been wrong. This just goes to show never give up on a missing person being possibly found alive. Michele doesn't look well to me in the court video. I sincerely hope she gets the help she needs.

I hate to say this but I hope she’s not let anywhere near her child for a long long time. Being tied up and gagged twice... reminds me somewhat of Casey Anthony. I think that child is lucky to be alive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back