Found Safe TX - Michele Roode Boyd, 41, San Antonio, 24 Nov 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You could knock me over with a feather. That poor child left like that? I now see her thru new eyes. I feel she has lost any chance of time spent with her child in the future. Surely ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Omg!!! I honestly thought she left and knew the answer was with the child. But why in the world didn't they release what she had done to the child???? That would have really made people look for her more, knowing she wasn't a mom who might have been buried by an ex, but rather a woman who was on the road to killing her child!

Clearly, it wasn't to protect the child because the info was released the day she was found. Maybe it was to not make her hide deeper. I don't know. But it wasn't helpful to locating her to not give some solid word that they do not believe she was harmed, but is hiding.

I just said about 2 weeks ago I was almost at the time frame where alive people would have had a sighting. I am so glad today was it.

Seth, I hope you heal from the roller coaster you were placed on, by no fault of your own.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wowza like the rest of you I was in complete shock reading the "found safe." I personally thought self-harm on this one but glad I was wrong.

Also I'm going to say that her husband has to be a great, great guy. He stood strong even with all the suspicion. He also didn't let on about how Michelle left their daughter (which I'm sure he knew about). He just kept trying to find her...displaying class and portraying love for her. I'm sure that would be hard as hell for most be people knowing what he knew.

I seriously hope she’s not just jailed, but hospitalized for mental health treatment. I hope it is something that responds well to treatment. I know some MH issues are very hard to control and often people with psychosis or schizophrenia never recover. But, I’m not a doctor so we will just have to wait to see.
http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/conditions/paranoia-and-delusional-disorders

Good article that talks about paranoia and delusions
“Because only thoughts are impacted, a person with delusional disorder can usually work and function in everyday life, however, their lives may be limited and isolated.”
This is something we’ve debated, how could she hold a job, no one noticing symptoms. This explains it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, the seizure and coma thing instantly made me think drug abuse. I'm not saying it is that, but it definitely reminded me of the drug overdose stuff I see on Nightwatch :)

Also I'm going to say that her husband has to be a great, great guy. He stood strong even with all the suspicion. He also didn't let on about how Michelle left their daughter (which I'm sure he knew about). He just kept trying to find her...displaying class and portraying love for her. I'm sure that would be hard as hell for most be people knowing what he knew.
This x1000. There is no way I could have kept my mouth shut if my spouse did that to our child. I can’t even imagine what I’d do if strangers were also accusing me of committing a crime. The husband is a good guy and a class act.

WHAT???!!!!??????!!!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Honestly, the seizure and coma thing instantly made me think drug abuse. I'm not saying it is that, but it definitely reminded me of the drug overdose stuff I see on Nightwatch :)

When it comes to the seizures the question I have is whether that is something Michele had been on medication for prior to disappearance or if she had seizures in the past whether she was on medication or not. The anti-seizure medications can cause problems for people (depression for one) and some of them stop those medications or are switched to new medications and so on that can effect them in different ways.

I agree with your earlier post that had it been known how Michele's daughter had been left it would change how this would be pursued on WebSleuths. We had a person that said they were Michele's ex-sister-in-law but that person did not get verified even when approached by Tricia on the thread who had offered some information similar to but not exactly how Michele's daughter was found. But being unverified there wasn't a way to accept just anything said by someone claiming to be who they were. Could have changed a lot in how this case was pursued.

In particular, the issue with not mentioning what happened with Michele's daughter immediately prior to Michele's disappearance had much to with creating a situation where people would look for her or she might reach out to family. If the public knew in initial media releases what Michele had done there would not have been as many that would look for her. It is a double-edged sword since basically what we had here was law enforcement looking for a wanted person who had otherwise voluntarily disappeared and LE was just waiting on her surfacing at some time in the future - dead or alive. It isn't clear whether or not LE believed Michele has a mental issue of some kind. They made no comment on it either way and that left the door open as to the veracity of what was being said by non-LE. Until she is evaluated it won't be known if she is suffering from a mental illness unless there was already medical records indicating such. For the public, we won't ever be able to know but there should be hints of the situation based on how her case proceeds.

A new article.
https://www.tcpalm.com/story/opinio...hter-found-after-16-months-reisman/443876002/

It wasn’t until receiving a text from a new friend of Michele's Saturday night that the 16-month mystery began to unfold for the Sebastian mother. Shortly after, the mother and daughter spoke on the phone.

Roode learned that after her disappearance, Michele lived in various places under an assumed name. Several months ago, she met a man and the two eventually moved in with his mother in North Carolina.

By early March, the friend encouraged Michele to get an identification card so she could work. Faced with having to identify herself, Michele had a seizure, was taken to the hospital, went into a coma and nearly died, Roode said.

After spending about 10 days at WakeMed Hospital in Raleigh, she awoke and told her friend the truth about her identity. He convinced her to speak with her family.
BBM. What I would like to know is if that means the person had Michele's phone and made contact or if somehow he got Michele to give him her mother's number.

ETA: Also makes me question whether what Michele's husband was quoted as saying in one of the articles posted about the person she was with was homeless.

Wow - this was totally not the outcome I expected, but so glad for Michele and her mother. I hope she gets help and is allowed some contact with her daughter once she can prove she is healthy and stable. What a relief for the husband to have the cloud of suspicion removed.

So she told her mother she had a seizure and “nearly died”, apparently when she needed to get ID. Hmmm.

So has anyone besides her mother (who got the information from Michele) talked about her 'ten day coma"? Because I am HIGHLY skeptical about that part.

Highly.
Skeptical.

jethro posted an article at post #450 about the stay at WakeMed - I assumed the journalist verified her facts.... in re 10 days stay at the hospital.

I don't doubt it. Brought on by a panic attack when she was faced with having the truth unravel.

So has anyone besides her mother (who got the information from Michele) talked about her 'ten day coma"? Because I am HIGHLY skeptical about that part.

Highly.
Skeptical.

As a nurse she knows that no info will be released per HIPAA. She can say whatever she wants. I’m skeptical too.

jethro posted an article at post #450 about the stay at WakeMed - I assumed the journalist verified her facts.... in re 10 days stay at the hospital.

I don't doubt it. Brought on by a panic attack when she was faced with having the truth unravel.
It is tough to know. I think due to HIPPA the hospital wouldn't be able to say anything. LE has certainly not said anything - especially San Antonio LE. Right now the only sources of information are her mother and husband and the arrest affidavit.

Even now, there is either a misunderstanding by the journalist at the TCPalm (whose article once again appears under Opinion on the site) or Michele's husband or Michele's mother. In one report her husband is quoting as saying the person Michele was with was homeless and in the TC Palm report her mother seems to be the source and it claims she was with a guy she met and they lived with his mother.

I have no doubt she was hospitalized as she was arrested by hospital police. Anything else being reported in terms of why Michele was hospitalized and for how long only seems to come from her mother and/or husband and they seem to have learned that through Michele.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article206005244.html#storylink=cpy

BBM. According to this story the arrest warrant says she was a Jane Doe and then in a coma. Where is that arrest warrant?
While I already replied about the link being a few posts back (#459 maybe) the arrest warrant but that is the warrant issued out of Texas. That warrant was issued December 7th, 2016. The fugitive warrant in North Carolina (Wake County) might offer the details of being in a coma but obviously it is not mentioned in the warrant affidavit from Texas issued in 2016.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back