Identified! TX - Midland, living Male, 13-17, can't communicate his name, found near Ward & Shandon, 30 Jan 2023 - Cordarius Lashun Pegues

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Controversial, perhaps: I’m not convinced being identified is in his best interest. Whomever he was with previously has had plenty of time to come forward and has not. The state has an opportunity now to place him somewhere appropriate. If someone comes forward now … after all this time … I’m not convinced I want him going home with them. And I’m not convinced I want him going through the years of court proceedings it would take to sever his ties to a biological relation, if one is found.

This is exactly how I feel. I understand not wanting to release too much information for privacy's sake, but repeated case updates (even if it's 'we don't have any new information') and more news/media attention would do a LOT for this case. Especially if he isn't from Texas and he has family/loved ones living somewhere else that might not know what happened to him.
I find it impossible to imagine that a family or loved one anywhere in America who called LE and said, “we have lost our autistic family member” with a physical description would not be almost immediately connected to this case. NAMUS …
I think he was intentionally abandoned, guys.

I find it impossible to imagine that a family or loved one anywhere in America who called LE and said, “we have lost our autistic family member” with a physical description would not be almost immediately connected to this case. NAMUS …
The longer this goes on, the more I agree with this take. I think if he were legitimately missing and had relatives actively searching for him, he'd have been identified by now through a missing persons report.

I think it's possible his caretaker is now deceased or incapacitated with no other relatives, but I think it's also very likely he was abandoned. In either situation, he's not going to be claimed, unfortunately.

Controversial, perhaps: I’m not convinced being identified is in his best interest. Whomever he was with previously has had plenty of time to come forward and has not. The state has an opportunity now to place him somewhere appropriate. If someone comes forward now … after all this time … I’m not convinced I want him going home with them. And I’m not convinced I want him going through the years of court proceedings it would take to sever his ties to a biological relation, if one is found.
I don't think it would take long for him to be appointed a legal guardian and be spared lengthy court proceedings. The only real issue with remaining unidentified is getting benefits in place (Medicaid, SSDI, etc). I wonder how it works with China Black and people in similar situations?

This is exactly how I feel. I understand not wanting to release too much information for privacy's sake, but repeated case updates (even if it's 'we don't have any new information') and more news/media attention would do a LOT for this case. Especially if he isn't from Texas and he has family/loved ones living somewhere else that might not know what happened to him.
Yes, exactly this. I get the need for privacy, but the family also needs information to find them. It's a hard balancing act. Idk what we would've done for my cousin if he hadn't had his info pinned to him. I can only feel for the family if they're looking for him right now.

Last edited:
Okay but please keep in mind that A LOT of people can fall into a general description. Like...how many other Americans can fall into the category of brown-haired women who wear glasses besides me?

ETA: I myself am disabled and neurodivergent.

Last edited:
I think he could be an immigrant who got lost near the bus station and his parents are afraid to come forward (they may not be here legally or they may be asylum seekers).

Midland is on the bus route from El Paso and Del Rio. Many immigrants utilize Greyhound to move about in order to settle with family and friends

DNA can easily tell if he's African-American or Afro-Carribean.

I think he could be an immigrant who got lost near the bus station and his parents are afraid to come forward (they may not be here legally or they may be asylum seekers).

Midland is on the bus route from El Paso and Del Rio. Many immigrants utilize Greyhound to move about in order to settle with family and friends

DNA can easily tell if he's African-American or Afro-Carribean.
I wish someone would set up a way to donate for DNA testing. This would be a very worthy cause. Something could have happened to the parent or they maybe to afraid to come forward.

He still needs to know who his parents are. Breaks my heart.
All MOO...

This has been my thought from the very beginning. <modsnip: Not victim friendly; speculation not based on any known fact>

Last edited by a moderator:

MIDLAND, Texas — The Midland Police Department is asking for help locating a young man's family.

He was found unattended near Ward Street and Shandon Avenue. He is not able to communicate what his name is or where he lives. He is also believed to be around 13-17 years old.

If you have any information that could help return him to his family, please call 432-685-7108.

Picture is in video

View attachment 398732
Oh no! A living Doe! Is he confirmed to be intellectually disabled of some kind? That’s so sad.

The North Carolina Beat

(Both pictures are the same unidentified boy.)

Officials in #Midland #Texas says no one has come and identify an unidentified child found at an intersection Sunday afternoon.

On Tuesday, January 31, 2023, at approximately 4:00 p.m., MPD Detectives and Crime Scene Unit collected DNA and fingerprints from the juvenile. During this process, he was asked to write his name. The child wrote the name Cordarius several times.

The juvenile's photo was released to the media in an attempt to locate his guardians or parents; however, this was unsuccessful. The child was released to Child Protective Services.

Detectives have followed up on information received from the public and surrounding agencies but have not been able to identify the juvenile.

Many believe the young boy is #AdjiDesir, who’s been missing since 2009. Adji and the unidentified boy have similarities in their face, and they both are non-verbal.

The investigation is ongoing, officials say.

View attachment 399238
I think it could be Adji.

I'm guessing he's autistic and/or intellectually disabled. A lot of kids and adults wear helmets full time due to head banging/self-injurious behaviour. Social services and special ed locally should know this young man, unless he's been kept at home, isolated.
I’m autistic and I can confirm this. I wore a helmet when I was a kid because I would often hit myself.

Police in Midland said in the news conference that the child found is likely not Adji. Detectives are still waiting on DNA results to confirm.

This was back in February. I’m unable to find any msn articles, or LE updates, on the DNA results. If someone has a more recent link with a DNA update, please share.

I never had much hope that this guy is Adji, but a news story providing a definitive answer would serve to bring attention to both cases, at least…
MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rwiz
Back