GUILTY TX - Molly Matheson, 22, strangled in her Fort Worth home, 10 Apr 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Totally guessing on my part, buy I am thinking she rejected this advances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I kind of get the same feeling. You know what doesn't help is the picture they have from his booking. He looks angry. And he doesn't look kind hearted at all. I have to remember that if I am ever on that side of the LE cameras.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.dail...arrested-connection-murder-sorority-girl.html

Also, if there is anything to the claim he is a devout Muslim, Molly was proclaimed to be a devout Christian by many. Wondering if that will play into any of the reasons he was angry with her.

Welcome to Websleuths, Sylviekitty!

:welcome:

I kind of get the same feeling. You know what doesn't help is the picture they have from his booking. He looks angry. And he doesn't look kind hearted at all. I have to remember that if I am ever on that side of the LE cameras.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.dail...arrested-connection-murder-sorority-girl.html

Also, if there is anything to the claim he is a devout Muslim, Molly was proclaimed to be a devout Christian by many. Wondering if that will play into any of the reasons he was angry with her.

I'm not sure I believe the Muslim claim. I looked through his groups and likes on his Facebook page yesterday, and he had a Methodist Church in Richardson listed twice.

Matheson did not attend TCU; however, a number of students live in apartments in the area. The arrest puts some of their fears to rest.

“I think I’ll always be a little freaked out because it’s just not something you think about happening near TCU, but at the same time it is good to know it’s got some clarity and closure,” TCU sophomore Caroline Wade told WFAA.

What led to Matheson’s death remains uncertain.

http://rare.us/rare-news/crime-and-...gulation-death-of-23-year-old-molly-matheson/

I don't have Facebook. Can someone who does give us a general idea of this guy? Fun? Religious? Bookish? Does anyone know if he works or goes to school? Dating anyone?

I couldn't find him on Instagram or Twitter.

He was arrested at his father's home in Plano. I wonder if he lives there.

Thinking of Molly's heartbroken family this morning. 💜

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Suspect in TCU-Area Murder Linked to Two Alleged Sexual Assaults

link
The man arrested and charged in the murder of a 22-year-old woman found dead in her garage apartment near Texas Christian University last month was twice before accused of sexual assault, according to his arrest warrant.

He knew her and dated her, according to Kimbro's affidavit.
Whoever killed her did laundry and put her in the bathtub to get rid of evidence.
Two other women accused him of rape, also battery and kidnapping, but he was not charged.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article147864734.html

If I am so outraged by this, I can't imagine how outraged her family is.

I'm wondering if his family has some kind of political/financial/whatever pull.

I don't think I've ever heard of police not releasing the name of a murder suspect to "preserve the integrity of the on-going investigation," it took forever for them to arrest him and it looks like there is tons of evidence along with these previous rape allegations.

Whenever they test backlogged rape kits, they always find several serial rapists because a few guys commit most of the rape.
Our national scandal of the hundreds of thousands of untested rape kits in the US is an indictment on institutional misogyny and the lack of equal protection under the law by our society.
If the authorities had listened to his first two victims and used the law to prosecute, Kimbro might be in prison already and Molly, alive.
I believe the lack of urgency by the law to protect women emboldens sex criminals.
BBM
"An overwhelming majority of both serial and one-time sexual offenders had felony-level criminal histories: 74 percent of all serial rapists had at least one prior felony arrest and 95 percent of them had at least one subsequent felony arrest. Among one-time sexual assault offenders, the figures were 51 percent and 78 percent.
Among the serial sex offenders, 26 percent had a prior arrest for sexual assault and 60 percent had a subsequent arrest for sexual assault (not related to the sexual assault identified in the SAK Initiative).
"These are one-man crime waves," said Prosecutor McGinty. "And now that we realize this, we cannot allow these kits to sit on shelves untested in the future. They hold the keys to identifying and convicting dangerous criminals.""
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/06/160606122823.htm

He knew her and dated her, according to Kimbro's affidavit.
Whoever killed her did laundry and put her in the bathtub to get rid of evidence.
Two other women accused him of rape, also battery and kidnapping, but he was not charged for one and the other was dismissed.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article147864734.html

What in the world?! The Plano rape case from 2012 against Kimbro is still an open investigation?!

"A sexual assault kit conducted on the woman revealed Kimbro’s DNA, the affidavit said, but he was not arrested.

Officer David Tilley, Plano police spokesman, said Monday the case is still “an open and active investigation.”

http://www.fox15abilene.com/news/do...sex-assaults-before-matheson-murder/435698648
During their investigation, police noticed bedding, women's clothing, and a pair of men's underwear in the washing machine of the home. That plus evidence on Matheson led officers to believe she had been sexually assaulted before she was strangled by her assailant.
The warrant states that investigators believe she was placed in the shower and the clothes and bedding were washed to cover up evidence of the crime. […]
Police asked Oncor to check the time when the washing machine was used in Matheson's apartment. The meter at the apartment found a spike in electricity use between 1:31 a.m. and 1:45 a.m. on April 10, just before Kimbro's vehicle was seen driving down Waits Avenue on security video.

http://www.fox15abilene.com/news/do...sex-assaults-before-matheson-murder/435698648
During their investigation, police noticed bedding, women's clothing, and a pair of men's underwear in the washing machine of the home. That plus evidence on Matheson led officers to believe she had been sexually assaulted before she was strangled by her assailant.
The warrant states that investigators believe she was placed in the shower and the clothes and bedding were washed to cover up evidence of the crime. […]
Police asked Oncor to check the time when the washing machine was used in Matheson's apartment. The meter at the apartment found a spike in electricity use between 1:31 a.m. and 1:45 a.m. on April 10, just before Kimbro's vehicle was seen driving down Waits Avenue on security video.

This is a great. I don't think I've seen police do it in the past.

If I am so outraged by this, I can't imagine how outraged her family is.

I'm wondering if his family has some kind of political/financial/whatever pull.

I don't think I've ever heard of police not releasing the name of a murder suspect to "preserve the integrity of the on-going investigation," it took forever for them to arrest him and it looks like there is tons of evidence along with these previous rape allegations.

Unbelievable. This did not need to happen. This family has financial means, but I don't know how deep.

Unbelievable. This did not need to happen. This family has financial means, but I don't know how deep.

I'm still thinking they are somebody with power because I literally can find nothing on this guy.

I'm still thinking they are somebody with power because I literally can find nothing on this guy.

On the Dad, Dave? I wouldn't say they are powerful but they are well off, as is their group of friends. They probably have some connections, but they are a down to earth family. I don't want to take it much further than that bc I think that may border on sleuthing the family of the victim?

Just my opinion, as always.

I couldn't, either. I looked for hours the other day, and all I had was his Facebook. He has a sister, and on Facebook, I recall a first name and the last name was different. Mom last name appeared to be the same as sister. No one on his friend's list had his last name. And, a Caucasian woman with a family profile pic without him in it had posted on one of his posts a few months back that he needed to get in touch with her and referred to herself as his mom. She lives in Plano...maybe considers herself a second mom? Wish I could remember names...something I'm terrible at ��

On the Dad, Dave? I wouldn't say they are powerful but they are well off, as is their group of friends. They probably have some connections, but they are a down to earth family. I don't want to take it much further than that bc I think that may border on sleuthing the family of the victim?

Just my opinion, as always.

West Plano in general, I would say the majority are affluent.

Again made Money magazines 3rd best city to live in.

In the South Padre Island case, Kimbro met a woman at the Isla Grand Beach Resort.

They began to kiss and he took her into the women's bathroom, according to a South Padre Island Police Department report cited in the affidavit.

The woman told cops that Kimbro tried to have sex with her in the resort bathroom, and when she refused, he began choking her and violently raped her.

She immediately called police, who arrested Kimbro at the scene, and a rape kit found his semen inside of her.

But Kimbro claimed the sex had been consensual, and prosecutors dropped the charges against him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...bro-dated-Fort-Worth-murder-vic-cops-say.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb
Back