TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is really unbelievable ... it's old news by now, however, apparently the 2 Officers were injured.
Who helped her get the thermal pants into the jail? moo

5 min video

Police: Runaway inmate Kaitlin Armstrong trained for, planned escape for months | Banfield​

There are new details about murder suspect Kaitlin Armstrong's dramatic escape from custody. Officials say they have learned it was not a spur-of-the-moment decision. In fact, Armstrong spent several months preparing and training for the escape attempt. NewsNation senior national correspondent Brian Entin has the details.
Very unfortunate that people got hurt again because of KA. What a mess.

I’m thinking the thermal pants were issued from the jail?

What are thermal pants and why would she need them? It's still warm shirt sleeve weather in Austin, and by warm, I mean pretty darn hot.

I'm ruminating on this, so MOO: If she had taken a plea deal, she'd have been sent off to the gray-bar hotel, probably the Mountain View (!) prison unit in Gatesville, TX, with zero chance for escape.

Escaping from a jail? Possible. According to sources upthread, she prepared for months and came *this close* to being successful.

More ruminations, MOO: She'd likely seem non-threatening, perhaps earning the trust of the guards by being the calm and gentle yoga teacher? That's likely her regular persona when she's not in a psychotic jealous rage.

Last edited:
What are thermal pants and why would she need them? It's still warm shirt sleeve weather in Austin, and by warm, I mean pretty darn not.

I'm ruminating on this, so MOO: If she had taken a plea deal, she'd have been sent off to the gray-bar hotel, probably the Mountain View (!) prison unit in Gatesville, TX, with zero chance for escape.

Escaping from a jail? According to sources upthread, she prepared for months. She came *this close* to being successful.
Yeah, very bizarre to wear them this time of year in Austin. She’s thin. Maybe she claimed it’s cold in her cell. I’d say thermal pants are thin long underwear or sweatpants, leggings of some kind. Some are made of silk and are super thin and others are thicker.

What kind of shoes did she have on? Surely prison issued flip flops wouldn’t have allowed her to run that fast.

It seems KA was very athletic before being put in the clink last year. She ran on her H.S. track team, and continued other sports afterwards per photos we’ve seen, so this girl knows now to train herself. However, I’m still completely astonished she tried this escape. How did ever she think this was a good idea? It’s only going to make things worse for her. This trial can’t come fast enough for me. Justice for Mo.

This is really unbelievable ... it's old news by now, however, apparently the 2 Officers were injured.
Who helped her get the thermal pants into the jail? moo
Snipped for focus

They might be allowed workout pants in the jail. However, they didn't search her before she left the building? That's nuts.

What are thermal pants and why would she need them? It's still warm shirt sleeve weather in Austin, and by warm, I mean pretty darn hot.

Escaping from a jail? Possible. According to sources upthread, she prepared for months and came *this close* to being successful.

More ruminations, MOO: She'd likely seem non-threatening, perhaps earning the trust of the guards by being the calm and gentle yoga teacher? That's likely her regular persona when she's not in a psychotic jealous rage.
But now, she'll end up in max because she's an escape risk.

I’d say thermal pants are thin long underwear or sweatpants, leggings of some kind.
Ah, yes, this is reminding me -- white cotton thermal waffle weave long johns. I've had some in the past.

By the way, Texas state prisons do not have air conditioning in cells, which to my mind goes beyond punishment to a form of torture. The heat this summer was relentlessly brutal, with months of daily temps at or over 100 degrees, with a low of maybe 85 or 90 degrees.

KA should be grateful for every second, every minute, every hour of every day that she's not in a Texas state prison:

NPR: "Why didn't they just kill us?" Three women talk about life in a Texas prison without AC

"Temperatures in cells often stay in the 90s for hours and can reach into the triple digits. But, officials say there is no evidence the heat is killing prisoners, despite a spike in prison deaths that independent analysts attribute to the heat."

Prisoner 1: "...We're in here during the hottest parts of the day. ... There will be times I can't put my back on the concrete wall because it's so hot. The toilets we sit on are stainless steel. When we sit on those, sometimes the back of the toilet will burn your back because it's so hot..."

Prisoner 3: "...I work in the kitchen, so we're working with open room ovens, boiling pots. It's very, very hot in there. It drains you. It drains you. You start sweating, you have the chills. You have nausea and vomiting, diarrhea. Headaches.

[To keep cool in the cell] we strip down to our shorts or panties and bra, and we will lay down on the floor. Sometimes we'll pour water on the floor and lay in the water and then put our fans on it. There are some days where I wholeheartedly believe that has saved lives..."

Inmates often don't have access to cool water or cold showers when everyone is locked in their cells due to staffing shortages, and the guards who are there just don't care enough to do these things. The three prisoners interviewed noted that there are some caring guards but most aren't.

Last edited:
I bet CS is glad she didn't.
OTOH, it's possible that he feels somewhat guilty about the whole thing, and would feel better about himself if she had just disappeared. I'm not saying what he should or shouldn't be thinking/feeling, it's just a thought.

I can't imagine the amount of adrenaline pumping on everyone's part. This went on for a mile.

After the amount of training she did and her background as a high-school athlete, running hurdles no less, I'm truly amazed that she was caught.

I guess she lost time picking her handcuffs and getting out of her jail pants.

Just found this clip from NewsNation/Banfield. They spoke with the woman who captured the video on her phone (love her, btw). She stopped recording because she didn't want to be late for her own appointment! It sounds like she believes the entire 10 minute chase took place in the parking lot (so why officials said it was a block-and-a-half, who knows).

Just found this clip from NewsNation/Banfield. They spoke with the woman who captured the video on her phone (love her, btw). She stopped recording because she didn't want to be late for her own appointment! It sounds like she believes the entire 10 minute chase took place in the parking lot (so why officials said it was a block-and-a-half, who knows).

It sounds like the new felony charge re. bodily injury in this escape attempt will be beneficial to getting this evidence admitted into her murder case. JMO

ETA: From the affidavit, seems there was no video of the part where AA removes her Jail bottoms to reveal AA's thermal pants in an attempt to escape without her jail garb.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members