TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Sounds great. I'm dying out here," Mo says about her bike ride in the 100+ degree heat."Oh god. You are still out??" Colin responds."Yaa," Mo says."When are you done? Want a moto ride to pool?" Colin asks.

"Just got back!" 5/11/22 @ 4:32pm"Ok. Shall I head to Cash's now?""Sure! I've got nothing going on rest of the day!" Mo responds with Cash's address on Maple Ave. "What's your timing?""Heeere," Colin responds at 5:43pm

Selective memory or genuinely doesn't recall? He talked about that text exchange in his police interview, and based on my experience with witness prep for trial, witnesses are given a copy of their transcript to review.

I also can't tell if he's being a smart*** with his answer to how to move a bicycle. Really wish we had audio.
I suspect he's not being a smart***. If the state actually said "move" a bike then his answer is true. If the state said "pick up" a bike then his answer of riding it was frivolous. The state had to ask the question as the defendant's DNA was found on the seat and handlebar of Mo's bike. jmo,moo

On May 11th, 2022, Mo Wilson and Strickland sent messages back and forth and made plans to go for a swim and beverages. Strickland confirms he will pick her up on his motorcycle. Wilson and Strickland confirm plans to swim at Deep Eddy.
We are being shown Mo Wilson's contact as being under the name of Christina Walls.

Now we are looking at a different exhibit. They are still text messages. But the contact shows "Christine Wall.""Who is Christine Wall?" The State asks Colin in the courtroom."It is no one that I know, but it is the name I used in my phone for Mo," Colin responds. Colin has previously testified that he had to change Mo's number in his phone to avoid confrontation with #KaitlinArmstrong.The text messages are the same as what we just saw from the previous exhibit. The point is for the State to show that Mo and Colin texted back and forth with Mo's name under a different alias.

Now 5/10/22 text messages:"Hey hey," Mo begins. "Are you back in Austin? I'm flying there today to hang out with Cash for a few days before gravel Locos."Colin tells the court that he did not know she was coming to #ATX."Heyeee! I just arrived last night. Out in lockhart projecting, about to go ride in this," Colin responds. "What are you guys up to tonight?""Wowww yea it is hot here, my God," Mo responds. "Gonna grab some food somewhere, not sure where yet. You?"

Colin responds that he'll eat out in Lockhart. He sends a movie, Mo "likes" the movie. She asks if Colin has a training ride for the next day on 5/11. Colin explains he had a solo ride planned, asks if she wants to join.

Now 5/11/22: Mo follows up about the ride, Colin had already left for his morning ride with a friend. Because of the delayed response, Mo questions whether or not they are dealing with "phone issues again."Later, from CS: "Want to go swimming? Maybe swimming and a beverage. What do you think?"Mo responds with a photo of her on her bike ride. It is 3:47pm on 5/11/22.

"Sounds great. I'm dying out here," Mo says about her bike ride in the 100+ degree heat."Oh god. You are still out??" Colin responds."Yaa," Mo says."When are you done? Want a moto ride to pool?" Colin asks.

"Just got back!" 5/11/22 @ 4:32pm"Ok. Shall I head to Cash's now?""Sure! I've got nothing going on rest of the day!" Mo responds with Cash's address on Maple Ave. "What's your timing?""Heeere," Colin responds at 5:43pm

Now going over their text exchange talking about getting together to go swimming and get food on May 11.

These timeline points gut me.

She was so full of life, her world seemingly centered around her cycling passion, so carefree.

While KA was preparing her last minutes.

Sickening.

JMO

We are now looking at text messages between Colin Strickland and Kaitlin Armstrong.They are discussing investment strategies. Kaitlin was managing his business and accounts. Colin agrees that Kaitlin was savvy with money. They discuss liquidating and depreciating assets.

The dates of these texts are 10/28/21."I know you know better than to show up at meteor with that girl," Armstrong sends to Colin.Meteor is a popular cycling cafe in South Austin.

"Aside from that, enjoy your eve," Armstrong follows up.Colin testifies that "that girl" was Mo Wilson."Could you please be an adult," Colin responds via text. I perceived that as childish behavior, Colin tells the court.

"Mo left for meteor with friends an hour ago," Colin sends to Armstrong. "I am not going because I am trying to respect you."Colin, with his hand rubbing his temple on the witness stand as he speaks above a whisper, says he never went to Meteor.

DAY 4 State of Tx vs Kaitlin Armstrong
#KaitlinWilliams
Texts between ARMSTRONG and Strickland are being shown.
June 2021 Messaging each other about investment capital.
Oct 2021 Messaging each other about a property dispute in Lockhart.
Oct. 28, 2021 Messages from ARMSTRONG to Strickland
"I know you know better than to show up at the meter (sic) with that girl."
Strickland testifies that "that" girl he is assuming is Moriah Wilson.
Strickland tests back. "Could you please be an adult?"

Via @HollisMJP on X

1/11/22CS to KA: "Pease send me an image of the McBrides guns receipt for the pistols. It should be in the pistol case on the barstool in the living room." Colin says he wanted to exchange his gun for one that fits his hand better.A picture shows the receipt from 12/6/21.

We’re they still living in the same house ALL these times they broke up?

I think she never moved out but in October she may have been staying somewhere else for a brief period of time (maybe with her sister?). I saw in tweets from Friday, CS said that he didn't know where she was but all her stuff was still at the house [in that October period when they were broken up].

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader