TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone with a bad elbow, the incident yesterday when CS grabbed and pushed the camera was painful for me to watch. That camera looks heavy, and I imagine it’s pretty expensive, too. I think the photographer had to bend his arm in an awkward way to keep from dropping it.:(
I see several posters defending/ empathizing with CS’s hostility, but I just can’t. He went out of his way to be nasty.
Purposely stepping on a photographer’s foot?! Dang! That’s kinda hilarious, but really it isn’t.

MOO

He may very well have PTSD but he needs to get his anger under control. If he continues to do it a cameraperson will press charges and add to his problems.
I don't think beating up camerpersons is fine for anyone. If the cameraperson shoved first I'd be more understanding. His attorneys most likely have told him not to engage in assaulting the press. It looks bad his attorneys know this.
bbm
According to X post, posted yesterday, " The photographer tells me he has pressed charges."

WATCH: When leaving the courthouse after his testimony today, key witness Colin Strickland goes out of his way to step on a photographer's foot. You can hear the photographer wail in pain. The photographer tells me he has pressed charges. This is his second negative interaction with Strickland today - earlier Colin tried to knock down his camera during lunch recess. Several other photographers filed supplemental witness statements.

Not odd: he's a cyclist. That's a whole universe unto itself. FWIW KA desperately wanted to be in that universe, too, so she bought a bike and started cycling, I think when she started dating CS. IMO she was expecting way too much: you don't become an expert cyclist in a year or two.

Guns are popular in Texas. Almost everyone I know in Texas not only owns a gun but was raised to shoot as a young child. I highly doubt he was ever raised in Texas without learning how to shoot. Even cyclists I know in Texas also own and know how to shoot.

As someone with a bad elbow, the incident yesterday when CS grabbed and pushed the camera was painful for me to watch. That camera looks heavy, and I imagine it’s pretty expensive, too. I think the photographer had to bend his arm in an awkward way to keep from dropping it.:(
I see several posters defending/ empathizing with CS’s hostility, but I just can’t. He went out of his way to be nasty.
Purposely stepping on a photographer’s foot?! Dang! That’s kinda hilarious, but really it isn’t.

MOO

Although I understand CS to be a victim and most likely is traumatized he has NO right to abuse a person who is working. The press's job is to film, that's it. He has anger management issues that he cannot seem to control in public.
If a cameraman grabbed him first or shoved him then I would understand. He is raised a pacifist by hippies but is OK with shoving camerapersons? NOPE. No pass.

Colin Strickland said he didn’t really know Kaitlin Armstrong

Colin Strickland said he didn’t really know Kaitlin Armstrong - VCP Cycling

November 7, 2023

Day 4 of the Kaitlin Armstrong murder trial​

Armstrong, a yoga instructor, stands accused of the shooting death of professional cyclist Moriah Wilson and has entered a plea of not guilty to a first-degree murder charge. Wilson was discovered unconscious with a gunshot wound to the head on May 11, 2022, at a friend’s residence in Austin, Texas.

Last edited:
At this point in the trial, the defense has introduced a few scenarios that the jury will have to take into consideration during deliberations about guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Others may be forthcoming, and all made clear during their closing arguments at the close of the trial.

1. There doesn't appear to be any video or images of who was driving the black Jeep.
2. The keys to the Jeep were left out in the open at the home where CS and KA lived, and the security code to their home was given out to many individuals.
3. CS bought a gun for KA because of the dangers in Austin related to road rage and break-ins and other dangerous situations. So it is possible that KA kept the gun in her vehicle for protection while driving around Austin and their isolated rural business location. So this could mitigate against a finding of premeditation for the jury.
4. With regard to the DNA found on the bicycle, the defense has established that MW rode on the motorcycle with CS while holding on to him during the ride. She could have transferred KA's DNA to her bicycle when back at her residence whle movivng it. This would be transfer DNA from KA to CS with whom she lived and her DNA would likely be all over his clothing, items, even his body. So this casts reasonable doubt on the DNA finding.
5. Under questioning by the defense, CS stated that KA wasn't particularly a jealous person (based on his experience related to his past daliances with other women), and that he didn't experience her at all as a violent person, but rather as kind, etc.

I am sure that there are other strong points made by the defense, the above are not meant to be all-inclusive, but just those that stood out to me as I read the transcripts of the last few days of the trial. I think the defense is doing a good job given what they have to work with, and even if the jury finds KA guilty, I suspect that there will be a lot of sympathy for her during the sentencing phase when the defense is able to introduce the crime of passion argument. Especially after they have watched CS on the witness stand.

I did find it interesting that the defense appeared to challenge CS's description of the platonic nature of his relationship with MW at the time of the murder when they asked him if suggestive photos were texted between them. It seems that in the past that took place with his former dalliances, and the defense appeared to be casting doubt on his statment about his current relationship with MW.

Just some thoughts about the defense's case up until now. I am sure there is more to come.

Guns are popular in Texas. Almost everyone I know in Texas not only owns a gun but was raised to shoot as a young child. I highly doubt he was ever raised in Texas without learning how to shoot. Even cyclists I know in Texas also own and know how to shoot.
But this is Austin, not regular TX.

It is hard for me to reconcile him stating that he did not find her to be particularly jealous. Maybe I am misunderstanding something.
He knew that she had called Moriah, well before the crime. He knew she made comments to him, “Send Mo my love” , after seeing her in a race finish background. I cannot imagine that some of her comments to others did not make their way back to him. She was making a point at cycling events to reinforce her status as the girlfriend. Etc. etc.
Not sure I am buying all aspects.
*My opinions

It is hard for me to reconcile him stating that he did not find her to be particularly jealous. Maybe I am misunderstanding something.
He knew that she had called Moriah, well before the crime. He knew she made comments to him, “Send Mo my love” , after seeing her in a race finish background. I cannot imagine that some of her comments to others did not make their way back to him. She was making a point at cycling events to reinforce her status as the girlfriend. Etc. etc.
*My opinions
I think that initial response was in his first interrogation with APD? In that context (discussing a murder) maybe he was thinking she isn't THAT jealous...in denial, finding it hard to believe she would be driven to murder. Initially defending her and what he knew of her to that point. He was shocked when he learned that her jeep had been seen near where Mo was staying...now... on the stand and knowing what he knows now and the facts that have revealed themselves... in this context, yes she was very jealous.

*My opinions
I agree, what he's saying regarding KA's jealousy doesn't match up with what's been uncovered in the investigation. Blocking other females on CS's phone, reading CS's messages, tracking locations / rides on Strava and comments KA made. I'm not buying it either.

I wonder if he was raised in Texas even pacifists in Texas know how to shoot.
Hippies and pacifists are NOT anti-guns in Texas. Especially if they live on a farm or ranch.

I think it takes different people to live in TX. All I remember from very early articles is that he was raised in some poor part of TX and I think had to bike long distance to school. No money in the family at all, real hippies. Later he became environmental engineer, worked in a big city and entered the world of professional cycling late. Later the case became so hyped that it is impossible to find anything about the players.

At this point in the trial, the defense has introduced a few scenarios that the jury will have to take into consideration during deliberations about guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Others may be forthcoming, and all made clear during their closing arguments at the close of the trial.

1. There doesn't appear to be any video or images of who was driving the black Jeep.
2. The keys to the Jeep were left out in the open at the home where CS and KA lived, and the security code to their home was given out to many individuals.
3. CS bought a gun for KA because of the dangers in Austin related to road rage and break-ins and other dangerous situations. So it is possible that KA kept the gun in her vehicle for protection while driving around Austin and their isolated rural business location. So this could mitigate against a finding of premeditation for the jury.
4. With regard to the DNA found on the bicycle, the defense has established that MW rode on the motorcycle with CS while holding on to him during the ride. She could have transferred KA's DNA to her bicycle when back at her residence whle movivng it. This would be transfer DNA from KA to CS with whom she lived and her DNA would likely be all over his clothing, items, even his body. So this casts reasonable doubt on the DNA finding.
5. Under questioning by the defense, CS stated that KA wasn't particularly a jealous person (based on his experience related to his past daliances with other women), and that he didn't experience her at all as a violent person, but rather as kind, etc.

I am sure that there are other strong points made by the defense, the above are not meant to be all-inclusive, but just those that stood out to me as I read the transcripts of the last few days of the trial. I think the defense is doing a good job given what they have to work with, and even if the jury finds KA guilty, I suspect that there will be a lot of sympathy for her during the sentencing phase when the defense is able to introduce the crime of passion argument. Especially after they have watched CS on the witness stand.

I did find it interesting that the defense appeared to challenge CS's description of the platonic nature of his relationship with MW at the time of the murder when they asked him if suggestive photos were texted between them. It seems that in the past that took place with his former dalliances, and the defense appeared to be casting doubt on his statment about his current relationship with MW.

Just some thoughts about the defense's case up until now. I am sure there is more to come.

The prosecution should find the person who went to that Bali retreat with KA and witnessed her hysterical reaction there. That made him avoid her through the whole retreat.

Huge generalization.

Elderly Native Texan married to a native Texan, both grew up in Texas with at least some family who live in rural areas and many who had full careers in the military including my dad. There was never a weapon of any kind in the house while growing up; zero emphasis on guns, learning to shoot, owning a gun.

Husband and I have never even discussed owning any kind of firearm.

Also a cyclist (road and mountain). I can't think of anyone I know personally in these communities who carries while riding or even owns a gun.

There are anecdotal tales of the rare guy who carries while mountainbiking; it's considered fairly unwise due to the danger of accidental discharge if one wrecks on the trail. No one that I know personally thinks it's a good idea.

The boyfriend at the center of the 'killer' yoga teacher murder trial was so agitated as he left court yesterday that he went out of his way to stamp on a press cameraman's foot.

Colin Strickland, 37, had been testifying against his ex, defendant Kaitlin Armstrong, when he stormed out of the court on his way back to his car, trailed by the media.

In a video filmed by NewsNation's Alex Caprariello, the cameraman can be heard yelling 'ouch!' after Strickland's outburst.

It was his second such assault on a member of the press. He was also seen batting away a news camera while inside the courthouse earlier in the day.

Well, isn't he a 'peach' ? :rolleyes:
Colin wouldn't appreciate it if he was on the receiving end.
Omo.

Huge generalization.

Elderly Native Texan married to a native Texan, both grew up in Texas with at least some family who live in rural areas and many who had full careers in the military including my dad. There was never a weapon of any kind in the house while growing up; zero emphasis on guns, learning to shoot, owning a gun.

Husband and I have never even discussed owning any kind of firearm.

Also a cyclist (road and mountain). I can't think of anyone I know personally in these communities who carries while riding or even owns a gun.

There are anecdotal tales of the rare guy who carries while mountainbiking; it's considered fairly unwise due to the danger of accidental discharge if one wrecks on the trail. No one that I know personally thinks it's a good idea.

I guess I know gun-toting hippie cyclists then. Most were raised on farms or a ranch so were taught at a young age.
I asked my Texan friends and they laughed at me when I said CS didn't know how to shoot.
I wasn't raised in Texas, but all my Texan friends find it odd that he'd be unaware of how to shoot a gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikkirhea