TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spitler agrees he called Lim and Shaw in July, wanting to exclude them as suspects. Spitler says he wanted to “work against his theory” that Armstrong committed the murder. Spitler essentially says he wasn’t able to.

1:03 PM · Nov 8, 2023

Defense asks if jury can be excused to refresh the witness’s memory. Judge has attorneys approach. Judge is now sending out the jury.

1:04 PM · Nov 8, 2023

Cofer with the defense asks if Spitler called Lim, not to exclude him, but because he “didn’t know what the defense was going to pull.” Cofer clarifies, asking if that’s what Spitler told Lim. Spitler confirms.

1:06 PM · Nov 8, 2023

Cofer with the defense asks if Spitler called Lim, not to exclude him, but because he “didn’t know what the defense was going to pull.” Cofer clarifies, asking if that’s what Spitler told Lim. Spitler confirms.

Jury is back now.

The jury has been dismissed so that the defense can help Spitler refresh his memory. Spitler seems to be contradicting on the stand what the defense believes is on-the-record testimony and on-the-record evidence. After a brief back-and-forth and clarification, both sides have now agreed that Spitler was confused if the defense was asking about Gunner Shaw or Allen Lim. Jury is being brought back in!

Spitler says he was calling Lim because "he wasn't sure what the defense was going to pull." Spitler admits that he lied to Lim, essentially telling him he wasn't a suspect in this murder, so that way he could get him to cooperate.Defense: "Were you interested in eliminating potential suspects or were you simply trying to defeat defense arguments?"Spitler: "Probably both."

@alcaprari23

Defense wonders if Spitler was trying to eliminate other potential suspects to make the case against Armstrong. Basically not doing true due-dilligence.Spitler says his goal was to find the truth. He wants to end suffering for the victim's family, the police department, for the deceased.

@alcaprari23

Defense asking about a "rape kit" that was performed on Wilson vagina during her autopsy. It was collected as evidence. The rape kit in this case was not forensically analyzed, Spitler admits.Defense: "We will never know what evidence was present in that kit, will we?"Spitler: "We will not."Spitler says there was no evidence of sexual assault. Spitler was the one who chose not to have the rape kit tested.

@alcaprari23

Spitler says digital evidence can be deleted from the surface of a program, but can be kept in the memory of a program. Photos, apps, searches, emails, conversations can all be accessed from digital extractions. Spitler disagrees that it takes an expert to find this information.

Well, there ya go. No one heard gunshots, so she must not have been shot that night. Never mind the audio doorbell that picked up the gunshots, and the video ring cams that caught KA's Jeep at the scene at just that time, and on and on. I would love to see how the jurors are reacting to his statements.
Might be preliminary to implying a silencer was used by someone else.

JMO

Do we know who the Defense intends to call as witnesses? I would guess KA sister to speak to her personality, someone to try to refute DNA and ballistics, maybe GPS.. I don't anticipate a lot. Anyone?

@alcaprari23

Defense asking about a "rape kit" that was performed on Wilson vagina during her autopsy. It was collected as evidence. The rape kit in this case was not forensically analyzed, Spitler admits.Defense: "We will never know what evidence was present in that kit, will we?"Spitler: "We will not."Spitler says there was no evidence of sexual assault. Spitler was the one who chose not to have the rape kit tested.

I'm glad to at least hear that was no evidence of an assault. Hearing that her dress was pulled up past her waist made me worry what else KA might have done for vengeance.

On 5/19, Spitler allowed Strickland to retrieve his laptop. Spitler says he searched the laptop beforehand, but did not insist on a trained forensic expert to perform a thorough extraction.Spitler admits Strickland's laptop, which was a piece of evidence at one point, is the only evidence which is no longer in custody of APD/criminal courts.Spitler says he returned it to Strickland because he wanted him to be cooperative. Even though Strickland gave permission for his laptop to be extracted, defense grills Spitler as to why he didn't take that step.

Defense: "Did you treat Colin Strickland differently because he was a minor celebrity?"Spitler: "No sir."

@alcaprari23

Yes, I remember that.

How would the doorbell cam pick up the gunshots if a silencer was used?
Good question. I'm not a gun expert or even novice, but I have read they don't silence them completely, just lessen the sound. Is that neighborhood at all hilly? I wonder if the doorbell cam was "downwind" or there is just some weird acoustics going on with the homes, gaps in trees, etc., that allowed it be picked up.

@MillsHayesTV

Cofer asks Spitler why he didn't extract data from Colin Strickland's laptop. Colin asked for it May 17, returned it May 19. Spitler says Colin appeared to be a witness. He had no probable cause to get into Strickland's laptop because evidence was leading to #KaitlinArmstrong.

1:27 PM · Nov 8, 2023

@MillsHayesTV
it
Cofer asks Spitler why he didn't extract data from Colin Strickland's laptop. Colin asked for it May 17, returned it May 19. Spitler says Colin appeared to be a witness. He had no probable cause to get into Strickland's laptop because evidence was leading to #KaitlinArmstrong.

1:27 PM · Nov 8, 2023

At that point the detective knew KA was basically running CS's business and had all his passwords (from what CS had previously told him). Would that not have been enough to convince a judge to sign a warrant for a laptop that KA had access to and might contain evidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho