TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if there is no scientific accepted protocol, he can only offer an opinion, and we all have one of those. He just seems to think his is superior to anyone else's.
Yes.... and what evidence has he presented that has undermined the credibility of this firearm examination and has he given any evidence that after many many years this practice is no longer widely accepted? If he did, I missed it.

Yes.... and what evidence has he presented that has undermined the credibility of this firearm examination and has he given any evidence that after many many years this practice is no longer widely accepted? If he did, I missed it.
I missed it too, but to be fair, like the juror, I was doing a crossword.

@alcaprari23

Tobin says there are a number of examples where examiners mistake sub-class characteristics and impressions. Other studies found more characteristics in agreement in sources that came from firearms that were known not to be used. Meaning examiners found agreement from spent shell casings that were never fired from a gun that's being studied.

2:29 PM · Nov 15, 2023

Um, look closely at his LinkedIn bio. Seriously? From a man who is almost 80, this seems a bit bizarre, doesn't it?

bt.jpg

@alcaprari23

Tobin says there are a number of examples where examiners mistake sub-class characteristics and impressions. Other studies found more characteristics in agreement in sources that came from firearms that were known not to be used. Meaning examiners found agreement from spent shell casings that were never fired from a gun that's being studied.

2:29 PM · Nov 15, 2023
But he does not say this examiner confused sub-class characteristics and impressions with something else. He needs to implicitly disagree with THIS examination/examiner....not unknown examiners in general. IMO he has no evidence that any error or confusion exists.

@alcaprari23

Tobin showing magnified images of spent shell casings which appear to be in total agreement, but Tobin says they came from completely different guns.

2:37 PM · Nov 15, 2023
Did this expert of experts even study the bullets and casings in this case, or is he just offering expert opinions in general.

But he does not say this examiner confused sub-class characteristics and impressions with something else. He needs to implicitly disagree with THIS examination/examiner....not unknown examiners in general. IMO he has no evidence that any error or confusion exists.
Right, is he still speaking generically? Sigh.

I do not believe he did or he would certainly say he did. He is only giving an opinion disguised as absolute fact.
That is the only question, or the first question, the state's attorney should ask him, along with, can you say with certainty that the bullets that killed Mo Wilson did not come from Kaitlin Armstrong's gun? NO? No further questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper