GUILTY TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At one point (pre CS anyway) she looked happy and carefree. Here's her old Facebook. www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=562450359
I just had a look. whoa.
Only 5, 6 years ago, when she was 30 or so, she had the world in the palm of her hand. Gorgeous, happy, beautiful beaches, sailing, nature, travels etc.
She will never be on a beach again. She will never be on a boat in the ocean again.

How did it come to this ? She caused so much destruction and heartache.

Wow. Thanks for sharing this! It’s really quite heartbreaking. She looked, like you said, happy and carefree. It breaks my heart to see her sister in those pictures. I’d be curious to know if she ever would’ve thought her sister would be capable of something so awful. My sister is my absolute best friend and I can’t imagine if she did something like this. Of course I feel even worse for Mo’s family - but those pictures just really made me sad.

JMO
Yes, how very sad for Christine. Another victim KA ran right over.

Nov 14, 2016, KA made an interesting post. Who would have thought 7 years later she'd be a defendant in a murder trial.

KA will be 36 yr old tomorrow, 11/21. On her 30th birthday, her mother commented that "she made it." The family must feel so betrayed. Also wishing them peace, and healing. :(

Some interesting quick facts of Texas and Women Inmates:

Texas ranks first in women’s incarceration, with more women behind bars in Texas than any other state...

ETA: My eyes, my eyes...

Last edited:
Wow. Thanks for sharing this! It’s really quite heartbreaking. She looked, like you said, happy and carefree. It breaks my heart to see her sister in those pictures. I’d be curious to know if she ever would’ve thought her sister would be capable of something so awful. My sister is my absolute best friend and I can’t imagine if she did something like this. Of course I feel even worse for Mo’s family - but those pictures just really made me sad.

JMO

I'm with you on this. It just makes it all seem so much more senseless and tragic.

She may not have broken a sweat when she ran but I will bet 1 dozen donuts she breaks a sweat this summer in her new digs. Texas prisons are not air conditioned for inmates, with the exception of medical areas, and areas where high risk heat affected inmates are housed. Some inmates can purchase a fan but if your cell (if you have a cell and not a dorm) isn't wired for extra electricity...no fan for you. It is hot, hot, hot in those concrete buildings and summers here lately have been brutal. KA is not going to enjoy being incarcerated in any Texas prison housing women. She's not going to enjoy using toilet water to cool off or burning her rear on the stainless steel toilet. She may be thinking it won't be so bad because right now she's in the Travis County jail and it is air conditioned and relatively comfortable (as jails go..I knew a jailer that worked there) but when she has to get up at 4:30am for breakfast and walk to get it even if it's raining, and then go back and maybe go to a job (if she gets one) and then go back to her little area she's going to miss those days of freedom she used to have. Then she has to awaken the next day and do it all over again. There is no botox in prison. It's not on the commissary list. She will have to age naturally with no injections to give her apple cheeks. 30+ years of that (she's not going to get parole the 1st or even 2nd time she comes up for it), never going beyond the fence. 30+ years of noise, heat, cold, watching your back and your possessions, constantly having to keep her place in the "pecking order", no social media, no privacy. She better be awfully good at meditation if she's going to meditate in such a chaotic atmosphere. She may have thought that going to prison would be worth killing Mo, and she may still think it was worth it but I think she may change her mind later on. She deserves every minute and we deserve to not have her in society.
moo

Let us think not of KA but of all inmates for a minute. Many there are women. Think of how it feels for women on their periods. Are you feeling the same way I am?

god, prison is so horrible... she is a cold blooded killer no question, but what in the actual !@%&! was she thinking?
I can't imagine the cocktail of personality disorders this woman suffers from. She was insanely , psychotically jealous.
there was nothing in it for her. she had to flee, she didn't end up with the guy..I mean literally NOTHING was gained.

sometimes a young woman will get a little stalker-ish for what ever reason..or drama..but take it to the next level and add a gun to the equation..

seems like she wanted to kill Mo, she wanted to kill, she wanted to get away with it, she wanted to be a genius and get away Scott free..very ego maniacal and overly confident in her own abilities to escape and elude etc..

she will be a fascinating subject in a book now. mOO

Ultimately it will all come to the same old combo, a tad on axis I, a common thing on axis II and perhaps not as different from her ex altogether. A very toxic combination of two partners. Plus, maybe MJ and shrooms don’t help. What was she thinking of? She probably thought that by removing Mo she and CS would live happily ever after.

JMO
I agree! She looked so carefree and an adventurous world traveler. HOWEVER, we all know FB is what we want the world to see. She could have been a psychopath jealous gf back then too.

Also I’ve always thought just because she may have “owned” a few rental properties, it doesn’t mean she had any, or much, equity. She probably had mortgages on them, taxes and insurance and repairs, etc. That one form we saw posted here showed her self reported income as $500 a month. That’s pauper level.
So what happens with her rental houses while she's in prison? Do renters mail checks to her in Gatesville? Will her sister take over managing them? Never really thought about it before.

Yes, how very sad for Christine. Another victim KA ran right over.

Nov 14, 2016, KA made an interesting post. Who would have thought 7 years later she'd be a defendant in a murder trial.

KA will be 36 yr old tomorrow, 11/21. On her 30th birthday, her mother commented that "she made it." The family must feel so betrayed. Also wishing them peace, and healing. :(

The link took me directly to KA’s own post from Nov 14, 2016.
Interesting.. and now, fitting.

"There is a place, like no place on earth.
A land full of wonder, mystery, and danger.
Some say, to survive it, you need to be as mad as a hatter.
Which, luckily, I am."
☕️

I just had a look. whoa.
Only 5, 6 years ago, when she was 30 or so, she had the world in the palm of her hand. Gorgeous, happy, beautiful beaches, sailing, nature, travels etc.
She will never be on a beach again. She will never be on a boat in the ocean again.

How did it come to this ? She caused so much destruction and heartache.

I think of the saying, "She would cut off her own nose to spite her face."

She ruined a lot of lives, including her own.

Imo.

Also I’ve always thought just because she may have “owned” a few rental properties, it doesn’t mean she had any, or much, equity. She probably had mortgages on them, taxes and insurance and repairs, etc. That one form we saw posted here showed her self reported income as $500 a month. That’s pauper level.
She quit claimed the 2 properties she owned. One to her mother and one to her sister and she had already sold her car so legally she was indigent when she filed for court appointed attorney for the theft. If I knew how to find my previous post with the links to the quit claims I would post it here. Anyway, by the use of a quit claim, whatever equity she had in those properties now belongs to her relatives and they can sell them and use the proceeds for whatever. They may pay Cofer with them or they could save them and deposit monthly into her commissary so she can have some extras during her stay at the TDC Hotel.

She quit claimed the 2 properties she owned. One to her mother and one to her sister and she had already sold her car so legally she was indigent when she filed for court appointed attorney for the theft. If I knew how to find my previous post with the links to the quit claims I would post it here. Anyway, by the use of a quit claim, whatever equity she had in those properties now belongs to her relatives and they can sell them and use the proceeds for whatever. They may pay Cofer with them or they could save them and deposit monthly into her commissary so she can have some extras during her stay at the TDC Hotel.

Here are the links (can see the transfers at the bottom of the page):

And the one she co-owned with CS:

Here are the links (can see the transfers at the bottom of the page):

And the one she co-owned with CS:

Thanks for the Caldwell County link.
I wonder if CS had to buy out KA's share and trust that if the property was granted to Sharon that Sharon would then in turn grant it back to CS. It looks like his name was off the deed 6-22-23 and then totally in his name 7-26-23. Wish I knew how that worked.

Thanks for the Caldwell County link.
I wonder if CS had to buy out KA's share and trust that if the property was granted to Sharon that Sharon would then in turn grant it back to CS. It looks like his name was off the deed 6-22-23 and then totally in his name 7-26-23. Wish I knew how that worked.

I also am curious about the logistics of that. However it happened, I'm sure CS had a lawyer involved.

Did KA ever repay the $450,000 Colin gave her? I have no idea why this just popped into my head. That’s a lot of money. What happened to it? Did she use some of it to pay Cofer a retainer fee?

Strickland says they invested together. He did a cash-out refinance on his home for $350,000 and about $250,000 went into a trailer restoration business. She invested the other roughly $100,000 in the market. When she disappeared, he texted her to move the $100,000 so he could pay $40,000 in legal fees for a real estate case. She didn’t respond.

www.austinchronicle.com/daily/news/2022-08-19/kaitlin-armstrong-defense-team-police-concocted-a-misogynistic-and-fictitious-story/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member