GUILTY TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
from your quoted article:
"Strickland said in court Friday that his 'on-again-off-again' relationship with Armstrong had been 'tumultuous,' adding that he was uncertain if he wanted to pursue something more long-term.”
Is he still uncertain?

I think this was torture for KA and she snapped as they say. It is interesting to me that she left afteward- did not try to stay with CS but
just fled, not just LE but her whole previous life.

(also want to add that MW was IMO, probably not aware of all these goings on even if other people warned her and even if KA called her anonymously. people fight about relationships but homicide is not usually the result.)

I wonder if she left because she realized that he wasn’t going to be there for her during the trial. The wishful thinking could no longer stand.

She obviously knew he didn’t want to continue with the relationship so it could have finally registered with her that she needed to make an escape plan on her own. She needed a whole lot more from him in order to turn herself in. Knowing that that wasn’t the case she bolted.

Update on KA Charges: Rick Coffer is gone!

Case Summary
Case No. C-1-CR-18-150969
ST v ARMSTRONG,KAITLIN MARIE

Case Info:
Offense/Degree Offense/ Date Filed/Filed Date
1. THEFT OF SERVICE >$100 <$750 MB
03/06/2018
04/30/2018
Arrest Date: 7/05/2022

Events:
11/20/2023
OFF DOCKET DISPOSITION RECEIVED
DISMISSED
11/28/2023
RELEASE CARD ISSUED
(Judicial Officer: ESPIRITU, MARY ANN)
RUSH DISMISSED

Hearings​

12/12/2023
CANCELED Jail Docket Call (9:30 AM) (Judicial Officer: County Court at Law, #5)
Dismissed

Attorney: FREUD, JESSICA SHAYE
Court Appointed

ETA: add Motion to Withdraw

1701338014318.png

Last edited:
Case Summary
Case No. D-1-DC-23-500357
State of Texas Vs. ARMSTRONG, KAITLIN MARIE

Case Info:
Offense/ Degree/ Offense Date/ Filed Date
1. ESCAPE CAUSE BODILY INJ F2
10/11/2023
10/13/2023

Hearings:
01/03/2024 -
Unindicted 3rd Designation (9:30 AM) (Judicial Officer: 403RD, DISTRICT COURT)

Attorney: ERSKINE, BRIAN CLARKE
Court Appointed

Case Summary
Case No. D-1-DC-22-301129
State of Texas Vs. ARMSTRONG, KAITLIN MARIE

Case Info:
OffenseDegreeOffense DateFiled Date
1.MURDERF105/11/202205/19/2022

Case Events:
11/16/2023
JURY VERDICT
11/17/2023
DOCKET SHEET
11/17/2023
CHARGE OF COURT ON PUNISHMENT
11/17/2023
MTN:TO WITHDRAW COUNSEL
11/17/2023
ORD:ON MOTION TO WITHDRAW ATTY
11/17/2023
TRIAL CRT CERT DEF RIGHT APPL
Party:
Defendant ARMSTRONG, KAITLIN MARIE
11/17/2023
SIGNED ORDER
ORDER TO SUBSTITUTE EXHIBIT
11/17/2023
TDCJ/SJF HOLD FORM
Party:
11/17/2023
MTN:MOTION
MOTION TO SUBSTITUTE EXHIBIT
11/21/2023
JUDGMENT SIGNED
CNT:I
Party:
11/21/2023
CERTIFICATE OF NOTICE
NTC:NOTICE

NOTICE OF APPEAL
11/27/2023
APPEAL INFORMATION SHEET
11/27/2023
EMAIL CORRESPONDENCE
COPY OF NOTICE OF APPEAL AND APPEALSHEET SENT TO STATE AND 3RD COURT, REPORTER
11/27/2023
OTHER/NOTICE
REQUEST FOR CLERK'S RECORD
11/27/2023
OTHER/NOTICE
REQUEST FOR REPORTER'S RECORD
11/28/2023
LETTER FROM COURT OF APPEALS
NOA HAS BEEN FILED IN 3RD COA, 03-23-00792-CR

Attorney: FREUD, JESSICA SHAYE- Court Appointed

he was uncertain if he wanted to pursue something more long-term.”
Is he still uncertain?

I think this was torture for KA and she snapped as they say.

So many of us ladies have been in this painful situation, though, living with someone for years who can't commit but strings us along.

You have to blame the fool-man and just end it yourself, and seek someone who can commit. You don't attack the innocent other women he's also lying to. It's as if evil darkness came out of her that day, IMO.

So many of us ladies have been in this painful situation, though, living with someone for years who can't commit but strings us along.
Respectfully, I see the opposite.

Consider this: CS ended the relationship at one point, but KA refused to leave the house and relationship and then proceeded to entangle them further by going into business together.

It would be useful to consider KA as a master manipulator and not some poor naif with no agency. She managed to hide a pathological rage for months (years?) and executed a (mostly successful) escape strategy after brutally murdering MW in the coldest way possible, all the while appearing to be Ms. Mellow Yogini.

I have to wonder if at some level CS was afraid of KA or if he just went along to get along. KA's digital stalking should have been a huge red flag to get the hell out. Who knows, though, if he'd permanently ended the relationship he may have been the one to end up dead.

I created a Google document and kept extensive notes during the trial based on the information provided by reporter tweets, as well as the opening statements and closing arguments. I also included all of the WS summary post links. I think it might be more than 50 pages long. I even created an “abridged” version with just the most important info provided by each witness (which I think still consists of more than 30 pages) because I’m a total nerd. Anyway, I’d be more than happy to share the link(s) here if anyone is interested.
Here are the links to my Google doc notes.
Kaitlin Armstrong Trial - 81 pages! o_O
Kaitlin Armstrong Trial [ABRIDGED] - 31 pages

Consider this: CS ended the relationship at one point, but KA refused to leave the house and relationship and then proceeded to entangle them further by going into business together.

It would be useful to consider KA as a master manipulator and not some poor naif with no agency

I'd say you are correct, but did she have that self-awareness? IMO she just blamed them for her feelings of betrayal, her anger, etc.

I'd say you are correct, but did she have that self-awareness? IMO she just blamed them for her feelings of betrayal, her anger, etc.
Triangulation and gaslighting can push even seemingly well-adjusted women to the point of near-madness.

KA clearly was not well-adjusted and could not regulate her emotions. She was a powder-keg of deep-seated issues and rage that exploded in the worst possible way, destroying Mo’s life in the process.

jmo

It would be useful to consider KA as a master manipulator and not some poor naif with no agency. She managed to hide a pathological rage for months (years?) and executed a (mostly successful) escape strategy after brutally murdering MW in the coldest way possible, all the while appearing to be Ms. Mellow Yogini.

I have to wonder if at some level CS was afraid of KA or if he just went along to get along. KA's digital stalking should have been a huge red flag to get the hell out. Who knows, though, if he'd permanently ended the relationship he may have been the one to end up dead.
CS seemed to barely hold it together at the trial. He seemed pretty traumatized. Perhaps he was afraid of KA and realized the bullet he dodged.

@alcaprari23

The Travis County District Attorney dropped the charge for Kaitlin Armstrong's attempted escape from custody before her trial. Armstrong's legal team also gave notice of an appeal of her murder conviction and 90-year sentence.

@BriHollisNEWS

ICYMI: #KaitlinArmstrong gave a notice of appeal on her murder conviction. Read more below.

14 hours ago

According to a news release from the district attorney’s office, it consulted with the family of Wilson and law enforcement before filing the motion.

TRAVIS COUNTY, Texas (KXAN) — Kaitlin Armstrong gave notice of an appeal Thursday after she was sentenced to 90 years for the murder of pro cyclist Moriah “Mo” Wilson. Additionally, the Travis County District Attorney’s Office announced it filed a motion to dismiss the escape charge she committed in early October.

Armstrong was previously charged with escape causing bodily injury. She was arrested on Oct. 11 after her brief escape during a trip to a medical facility, Ascension Orthopedics in Austin, outlining months of planning before evading two Travis County correctional officers on foot.

According to a news release from the district attorney’s office, it consulted with the family of Wilson and law enforcement before filing the motion.

TRAVIS COUNTY, Texas (KXAN) — Kaitlin Armstrong gave notice of an appeal Thursday after she was sentenced to 90 years for the murder of pro cyclist Moriah “Mo” Wilson. Additionally, the Travis County District Attorney’s Office announced it filed a motion to dismiss the escape charge she committed in early October.

Armstrong was previously charged with escape causing bodily injury. She was arrested on Oct. 11 after her brief escape during a trip to a medical facility, Ascension Orthopedics in Austin, outlining months of planning before evading two Travis County correctional officers on foot.

We know that a court appointed lawyer was responsible for negotiating the dismissal here. And same with the filing the notice of appeal since R Coffer couldn't distance himself fast enough from KA -- filed his notice to withdraw before 3pm on sentencing day! I wonder if KA's escape attempt on 10/11 affected the relationship -- somewhat unusual for your trial attorney to drop you and your case before Noticing the Court of client's intent to appeal (automatic). JMO

Hearings:
01/03/2024 -
Unindicted 3rd Designation (9:30 AM) (Judicial Officer: 403RD, DISTRICT COURT)

Attorney: ERSKINE, BRIAN CLARKE
Court Appointed

Would he have bought her a gun if he was scared of her though? I feel like he was stringing KA along as a backup but looking for something better.

Would he have bought her a gun if he was scared of her though? I feel like he was stringing KA along as a backup but looking for something better.
While I don't doubt CS was using KA until his something better surfaced, those gun purchases were subliminal the idea of KA! She suddenly had episodes of road rage and suspicious encounters in mall parking lots and strange men on the riding trails. KA was controlling and devious. CS had never owned a weapon in his life and thinks he'd only fired a gun once before decades earlier. That's saying a lot for a Texas born male. JMO

KA is in custody, is well known enough that she will find escape near impossible, and has at least 40 years with not much to keep her mind busy. She was sentenced to 90 years whereas the offense to which she was convicted carries a maximum of 99 years. She now has a court appointed attorney...She has always had a heightened sense of entitlement.

So where is the downside to appealing? The legal machinations do not represent a waste of time or a financial exposure to her.

I know. I feel like that's something that needs to go on her record.
Reviewing the docket entries recently posted above, dismissing the escape charge comes as a surprise given the January 3, 2024 court date whereas the Botox charges were the ones that seemed to be dismissed on 11/28 and the 12/12 hearing cancelled.

I'd actually been expecting KA to appear in court to enter a change of plea to guilty here which I think she signed on 10/30. Perhaps this was her plan if she was acquitted in the murder. Another court appointed attorney got her off on this one too. Seems the Court just wants to be done with KA so they can move her along to reception and her permanent home.

<modsnip: no source link for screenshots>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members