GUILTY TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They might have time for a bathroom break before a verdict is reached. :) They'll take a vote at the start of deliberations and have a verdict right off the bat.
I agree, but they may sit in the deliberation room for a while, to give the appearance that they are still going over things. We did that once on a civil trial I was on. We immediately polled the jury and we all said guilty, but we didn't want to immediately go back into the courtroom, and give the impression that we had not taken our duty seriously. Most of our conversation was about how long we needed to sit there before we went back in.JMO

Last edited:
I agree, but they my sit in the deliberation room for a while, to give the appearance that they are still going over stuff. We did that once on a civil trial I was on. We immediately polled the jury and we all said guilty, but we didn't want to immediately go back into the courtroom, and give the impression that we had not taken our duty seriously. JMO
Trying to recall how long the Murdaugh case took. Decision within an hour or two?

Comparing closing argument styles...moo

The prosecutor's PowerPoint had facts and concrete information. Confidence. Focus. Cohesion.

The defense is very chaotic and desperate. It's emotional in a negative way. Almost defensive. Dismissive of respect and facts. Strange phrasing. Ineffective.

Moo

I agree, but they my sit in the deliberation room for a while, to give the appearance that they are still going over stuff. We did that once on a civil trial I was on. We immediately polled the jury and we all said guilty, but we didn't want to immediately go back into the courtroom, and give the impression that we had not taken our duty seriously. JMO
Same here on a criminal. Polled unanimously, cried, debriefed/supported each other, went over our notes + exhibits, then filled paperwork out slowwwwwly. Love with them. Huge responsibility. I think they’ll get it right.

@alcaprari23

Kaitlin Armstrong enters the courtroom. She is wearing a black pantsuit and dark teal blouse. She does not make eye contact with anyone as she enters. She takes her seat at the defense table. Two rows behind her sits her parents and her sister, Christine.

10:12 AM · Nov 16, 2023
Teal, get it? She's wearing a fantasy reminder of the days when she successfully escaped authorities (at least, for a while). She's never gonna get to wear teal again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CameraSnap