GUILTY TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe KA showed poor judgement by using illegal substances in the first place. IMO her problems were not caused by a bad batch of brownies. Something isn't right with that woman...something is missing and it's anyone's guess as to why she is the way she is.
Probably, yes.

From the ROA
Case No. D-1-DC-22-301129 - Murder-1

Case Events​

11/16/2023: Jury Verdict
11/17/2023: Charge of Court on Punishment
11/17/2023 - MTN: TO WITHDRAW COUNSEL

11/17/2023 - ORD:ON MOTION TO WITHDRAW ATTY
11/17/2023- TRIAL CRT CERT DEF RIGHT APPL
Party: Defendant ARMSTRONG, KAITLIN MARIE
11/17/2023- SIGNED ORDER
ORDER TO SUBSTITUTE EXHIBIT

11/17/2023 - TDCJ/SJF HOLD FORM
Party: Defendant ARMSTRONG, KAITLIN MARIE
11/17/2023 - MTN:MOTION
MOTION TO SUBSTITUTE EXHIBIT

Register of Actions

Quick action by at least one to severe ties with client...
Looking at the link at all the documents, I'm wondering if the motion to substitute exhibit is for Mo's bike since I thought I saw it being taken from the courthouse during the press conference.

Looking further, there is a motion to withdraw council filed on 8-17-2022. I wonder who that was and if it was granted or denied.

And looking even further, I see that defense subpoena for Spa 7 and a state subpoena for custodian of records for Spa 7. I wondered if this was the appointment she had on 5-11-23 so I looked at their website to see if I could discern what type of appointment it was and it's a place for beauty enhancements i.e. facials, injections, extensions, waxing, etc. In the blog section I came across 'tips for dealing with an unromantic boyfriend' and '5 reasons you should get a divorce'. Neither blog advised executing a rival. Could KA have been inquiring how best to alter her looks with surgery prior to her escape to CR or has she been on a quest to look younger/prettier to herself for several years.

Just my own interest and opinions.

I hear you.
I don’t think he is but just pointing out that dishonesty has unintended consequences. Which it can. I think he just wanted that to be said in general. I don’t think it’s a horrible thing to say and it’s an unfortunate reality in this situation.
Of course it’s not Colin’s fault. But he wasn’t honest with Mo and certainly she didn’t know he had to hide her identity from KA. Maybe she wouldn’t have met up with him if she knew that?
I don’t know that Mo didn’t know that Colin was hiding her from Kaitlin. There was the text from Mo to Colin that suggested they both knew that some of her text messages were not being received by him (something about “phone trouble again?”). I suspect that meant that he had told her that Kaitlin had access to his phone. There was also the text she sent to him saying she was confused about their status after seeing him with Kaitlin at an event. I also read a NYT article that said a good friend of Mo’s (Amity) had warned her about Colin not treating women very well.

Personally I think Mo did know he wasn’t the best boyfriend material but she was still interested in him. So what? That doesn’t make her culpable for what happened anymore than it makes Colin. The fault lies with Kaitlin.

Looking at the link at all the documents, I'm wondering if the motion to substitute exhibit is for Mo's bike since I thought I saw it being taken from the courthouse during the press conference.

Looking further, there is a motion to withdraw council filed on 8-17-2022. I wonder who that was and if it was granted or denied.

And looking even further, I see that defense subpoena for Spa 7 and a state subpoena for custodian of records for Spa 7. I wondered if this was the appointment she had on 5-11-23 so I looked at their website to see if I could discern what type of appointment it was and it's a place for beauty enhancements i.e. facials, injections, extensions, waxing, etc. In the blog section I came across 'tips for dealing with an unromantic boyfriend' and '5 reasons you should get a divorce'. Neither blog advised executing a rival. Could KA have been inquiring how best to alter her looks with surgery prior to her escape to CR or has she been on a quest to look younger/prettier to herself for several years.

Just my own interest and opinions.
That's what I would like to know.
Was KA actively in the process of shopping for new facial features in the year that Mo ended up on her radar? Or was she so desperate to quickly get away with murder in every way possible that she basically skipped town and hit up a drive thru pick a meal deal of services?

Last edited:
Yikes.
It’s a stupid comment anyways. Because potential divorces always end really well with people like this!
Well, not quite stupid. Tiger Wood’s case just came to mind. He was a major married star, cheating on his wife right and left. She kicked him out of the house, loudly, smashed the windshield of his car, generated news about his infidelity, got a huge settlement, a house, plastic surgery on the way (no one is laughing at her), and is dating. Woods is an aging athlete with lost sponsorships and a bad reputation. No one remembers the women. MOO - if KA was angry with two minor celebrities occasionally dating behind her back, she had lots of proof, all the texts, photos, whatnot. Had she made it big and public the next morning, leading to both losing endorsements, and then divided her business and houses with Colin, she’d be in her right. He left lots of footprints over his flings, so it wouldn’t be a hearsay. (Even better, let them meet and save all texts afterwards if they were that obvious). Jealousy anyone can understand. She could get money out of the situation, certain revenge, and it still would be fair if documented. It would have cost her less. Instead, she killed a woman and got 90 years in jail. And CS? No one remembers him already.

I don’t know that Mo didn’t know that Colin was hiding her from Kaitlin. There was the text from Mo to Colin that suggested they both knew that some of her text messages were not being received by him (something about “phone trouble again?”). I suspect that meant that he had told her that Kaitlin had access to his phone. There was also the text she sent to him saying she was confused about their status after seeing him with Kaitlin at an event. I also read a NYT article that said a good friend of Mo’s (Amity) had warned her about Colin not treating women very well.

Personally I think Mo did know he wasn’t the best boyfriend material but she was still interested in him. So what? That doesn’t make her culpable for what happened anymore than it makes Colin. The fault lies with Kaitlin.
Agreed.
I just took it as just saying generally that dishonesty has unintended consequences sometimes. He didn’t mention names. He was just making a general statement. KA was the most dishonest of all obviously and she bears all the responsibility for Mo’s brutal murder.

I think Mo did, and for both, it was a very much an occasional, opportunistic relationship, if that. But for what it’s worth, there is an unofficial “moral clause” if you reach stardom, so neither was interested to lose anything over it. (Not blaming either, Mo was young and for CS, it was probably his nature). But I doubt it was serious for them. KA had enough damaging facts, though, and if she and CS co-owned a business, she’d get out with some money, too.

I believe KA showed poor judgement by using illegal substances in the first place. IMO her problems were not caused by a bad batch of brownies. Something isn't right with that woman...something is missing and it's anyone's guess as to why she is the way she is.

Less of bad judgment and more of self-medication, probably. The full scope of her emotional problem we don’t know, but obviously, it is very, very serious. I’d look at it from “all in moderation” perspective, because we know less about mushrooms than about anything else. If a person takes a glass or rose at dinner and kills someone, it is probably him, not rose. If someone drinks two bottles every evening and then does the same, it could be drunkenness, blackout, withdrawal, hallucinations or…still, the condition being self-medicated. I’d like to know how much she used, how often and what else was in the mix.

While I agree with Mr. Wilson, I don’t like that he seems to be saying that Colin bears some responsibility here. No one, no matter how badly they treat their girlfriend, should expect that girlfriend to kill someone.

And some people are still bashing him.

I like that Cash mentioned Colin’s suffering at KA’s hands. He is a victim too, IMO.

I took Mr. Wilson's words as speaking directly for and about his daughter, Mo: only Mr. & Mrs. Wilson know how they raised their daughter, and I think he was saying that dishonesty by all parties here took away Mo's choice to make an informed decision about her own actions.

Regardless of what was going on with CS/KA relationship, we know that CS was not honest with Mo on at least two occasions. First, in October 2021, CS presented himself to Mo as being somebody like herself who had recently ended a relationship, was moving forward, completely free to date/bed other men/women.

But even after having reconciled with KA, CS again implied via text message to Mo while in AR in January 2022 that KA was coincidentally present on the trip with him to pursue a matter involving the Spartan trailer rehab business.

At the time Mo's instincts (i.e., " honestly, my mind has been going in circles and I don't know what to think") were telling her CS's relationship status was questionable, he again denied Mo the chance to make an informed decision about fostering any type of relationship with him.

IMO, CS's dishonest, mixed signals, very much put Mo's life and the people around her at risk. No, he did not pull the trigger but CS was no friend to either of the women.

Factual Evidence

Just another lie KA told herself, IMO. She was far more deceptive than CS, on all the levels.

IMO she have gone off the rails sooner, had he told her. Be knew she was petulant, immature, jealous.

He did not know she was a murderer.

Only KA knew that about herself, knowledge she honed.

jmo

Exactly! I perceive KA's deception/fraud/sociopathic/ traits can be traced back as early as a high school track meet -- sabotaging a classmates kit.

Fast forward to 2018, KA was becoming more brazen, getting away undetected and/or unpunished after walking out of a Botox treatment, intentionally leaving a spent, worthless, credit card behind as some type of fake security that she'd return within minutes with payment.

I think an mortgage audit of the residential rental purchases in 2021 would reveal an even greater fraud...

And by 2022, KA owned a weapon, murdered a woman, and traveled to a foreign country on a fraudulent passport!

She was so powerful and unstoppable, NOT.

MOO

Last edited:
KA look is of a sociopath, imo. Not a professional, amateur opinion.
Definitely, and I'm not a professional, either. One thing has been in my mind, since I read this: (can't find link) After sentencing, when D and P and KA were up at the Judge's bench, when KA turned around, she made prolonged visual contact with the gallery. I feel CERTAIN she was searching for CS, and he wasn't there. That might explain the look on her face. IMO, JMO

All true. I’m also wondering if the use of certain substances may have played in. I read an article a couple of years ago by a physician who said that there was a correlation between marijuana use ( the more potent kind of this era), mushrooms, etc and that people were basically in the dark about these statistics.

KA did ingest these, and I can definitely see it lowering inhibitions.

According to research studies, marijuana use causes aggressive behavior, causes or exacerbates psychosis, and produces paranoia. These effects have been illustrated through case studies of highly publicized incidents and heightened political profiles.

These cases contain examples of repeated illustrations of aggression, psychosis and paranoia by marijuana users and intoxication. Ultimately, without the use and intoxication of marijuana, the poor judgment and misperceptions displayed by these individuals would not have been present, reducing the risk for actions that result in senseless deaths.

Import to these assertions, is that the current marijuana is far more potent in THC concentrations, the psychoactive component. Accordingly, and demonstrated in direct studies, more potent marijuana results in a greater risk for paranoid thinking and psychosis. In turn, paranoid behavior increases the risk for paranoid behaviors and predictably associated with aggressive and violent behaviors.

1. Marijuana use causes violent behavior through increased aggressiveness, paranoia, and personality changes (more suspicious, aggressive, and anger).
  2. Recent illicit and “medical marijuana” (especially grown by care givers for medical marijuana) is of much high potency and more likely to cause violent behavior.
  3. Marijuana use and its adverse effects should be considered in cases of acts of violence as its role is properly assigned to its high association.
  4. Recognize that high potency marijuana is a predictable and preventable cause of tragic violent consequences.

It certainly didn't help.

Definitely, and I'm not a professional, either. One thing has been in my mind, since I read this: (can't find link) After sentencing, when D and P and KA were up at the Judge's bench, when KA turned around, she made prolonged visual contact with the gallery. I feel CERTAIN she was searching for CS, and he wasn't there. That might explain the look on her face. IMO, JMO
That is EXACTLY what I believe she was doing.

if KA was angry with two minor celebrities occasionally dating behind her back, she had lots of proof, all the texts, photos, whatnot. Had she made it big and public the next morning, leading to both losing endorsements, and then divided her business and houses with Colin, she’d be in her right

Or she could have just pursued legal advice about dividing assets and ended the relationship without seeking revenge. They weren't married or engaged nor did they have children, so it's not comparable to Tiger Woods, IMO.

perceive KA's deception/fraud/sociopathic/ traits can be traced back as early as a high school track meet -- sabotaging a classmates kit.

She what? I must have missed the article on that.

While 30 years probably seems like a lifetime to both the Wilson and the Armstrong families, I was admittedly shocked to read just this morning that Yolanda Saldivar, Corpus Christi, (convicted of killing female Tejano genre singer Selena) will be eligible for parole release in 2025. :eek:

While being eligible for release does not guarantee release, historically, white women such as KA are most likely to be released after serving 30 years than Saldivar.

Saldívar’s parole hearing is scheduled for 2025, but it is not guaranteed that she will be granted parole. The Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles will review her case and consider several factors, such as her behavior in prison, her criminal history, her psychological evaluation, and the impact of her crime on the victim’s family and society.

Last edited:
I wonder if she was running towards his house on day of the Dr appt escape(1.5 miles away I think)
You know it was profound the way MO’s mother told KA that Mo was a good listener, she would of understood. That KA and __
could of gone on & had a wonderful life.

MOO

Thinking about what Cash said-- (what an amazing woman, clearly so intelligent, and an amazing friend).

Is it to be expected or was it not really okay that she didn't get to wash up, etc until at the police station? Was she treated properly?
In my own personal experience they don’t allow you to wash up immediately before they question you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmu