TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, prized cyclist, fatally shot before race, Austin, May 2022 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought her nose was cute. She should have kept that $6K. What is the point of getting the cosmetic surgery AFTER you have already successfully used the fraudulent passport? Did she plan to keep traveling around the world on the remaining $6K??
KA might have a thing about plastic surgery that has nothing to do with being a murder fugitive. LE had originally called her in for questioning in May because she had an unpaid bill for botox. And her face may already have had some surgical engineering (it kinda looked like that to me from early on; her eyes, maybe?).

I’m surprised if all she had to flee on was the $12K she got for her Jeep. There was a lot of speculation she had a lot of cash from flipping houses etc, maybe that wasn’t really so or she couldn’t access it quickly. Everything the US Marshals have said stress she was trying to live on very limited funds. That cosmetic surgery seems unwise if it took over half of her funds, to be worth it I’d think it would have to be a big change not just a little tweak on her nose…we shall see
I'm actually gobsmacked that hostel is $50 a night. For a bunk with 7 others?

But, at $50 a night, she's going through her money fast. She shoulda gone to Bali: cheaper....

It may be due to local laws. I know Mexico either photographs suspects from behind or blurs their face until they’ve been convicted, so maybe Costa Rica has a similar law.
Ahh I think this must be it! Because the Costa Rica law enforcement Twitter that tweeted the picture does not seem to show ANY arrestee faces, so she’s no exception. I don’t think they stated her name on their social media either.

KA might have a thing about plastic surgery that has nothing to do with being a murder fugitive. LE had originally called her in for questioning in May because she had an unpaid bill for botox. And her face may already have had some surgical engineering (it kinda looked like that to me from early on; her eyes, maybe?).
I was wondering the same thing. It would make sense that she’d want to change her looks to remain a fugitive. Or was she just oddly insecure about her looks? IMO, MW had a more youthful, girl-next-door look, with a cute button nose. Maybe that bugged KA.

Patiently waiting with you all to see the post-surgical nose.

Does anyone think she was thinking CS would get blamed for the crime? I mean, he was the one that would have a clear record of being the last one in contact with Mo. Or did she just do this in a fit of rage with no rational thought.

I remember how David, CS’s friend, said that after murder of MW, KA did “didn’t do what most soap operas would have had her do, which is go back home and kill the one thing you can't have [Strickland].” I wonder if she expected to find MW and CS together. There was no Strickland’s BMW bike at her house, but all that KA had was CS’s lying text.

I agree, RickshawFan. Looking at her high school photos in the following Fox News article, you can clearly see the "engineering" over the years.......

This article may answer a few questions that may or may not have been answered…but I still want to know how Costa Rican authorities located KA at the hostel.

June 30: Austin-based Deputy Marshal Brandon Filla tells CNN that Armstrong "changed her appearance drastically." Her long blonde hair is now "shoulder length and dark brown," he says.
He also reveals further details about the weeks-long search:
  • Armstrong previously "resembled" the person whose passport she used to flee the country. Filla does not say how Armstrong got the passport or if its rightful owner gave it to her.
  • After authorities learned of the name Armstrong might have been using to travel, US Marshals "worked with Homeland Security and looked at flight passenger lists." They found the name matching that passport on a May 18 flight from Newark to San José, Costa Rica.
  • They then scoured the surveillance cameras for the specific airport gate the flight left from and "ID'd Kaitlin Armstrong" boarding.
  • US Marshals contacted Costa Rican authorities, who located Armstrong at the hostel and detained her on an immigration violation for using a fraudulent passport to enter the country.

It sounded like she used her sister's name, some other (as yet unknown) name, and then there was her own.
So, when she gave a name to LE, they couldn't find a record in the immigration database. In other words, she must have been using a name other than the one she came into the country with.
In the Daily Mail article, it said she was going by the name of "Ari" at the hostel.

This article may answer a few questions that may or may not have been answered…but I still want to know how Costa Rican authorities located KA at the hostel.

June 30: Austin-based Deputy Marshal Brandon Filla tells CNN that Armstrong "changed her appearance drastically." Her long blonde hair is now "shoulder length and dark brown," he says.
He also reveals further details about the weeks-long search:
  • Armstrong previously "resembled" the person whose passport she used to flee the country. Filla does not say how Armstrong got the passport or if its rightful owner gave it to her.
  • After authorities learned of the name Armstrong might have been using to travel, US Marshals "worked with Homeland Security and looked at flight passenger lists." They found the name matching that passport on a May 18 flight from Newark to San José, Costa Rica.
  • They then scoured the surveillance cameras for the specific airport gate the flight left from and "ID'd Kaitlin Armstrong" boarding.
  • US Marshals contacted Costa Rican authorities, who located Armstrong at the hostel and detained her on an immigration violation for using a fraudulent passport to enter the country.
Maybe there was a computer record of her checking into the hostel with that passport?

To be honest, I really didn’t believe she’d use her sister’s passport because 1. It’s so obvious 2. it opens Christine to possible criminal charges.

When that private investigator Jensen said it was his professional opinion that KA was going under the name, “Christine Armstrong” I thought it was silly for the above stated reasons.

I figured IF she intended to leave the US, she’d buy a fake passport which uses your picture with someone else’s name and info, whether fictitious or stolen.

I’m wondering if she HAD done this, would they have been able to track her to Costa Rica?

As with the Vicky White fugitive case, it seems we attribute more craftiness to these suspects than is true. They wind up doing the really obvious things.

She is definitely being deported rather than extradited:

“A spokesperson from Costa Rica’s Migration Directorate told CNN that the 34-year-old yoga teacher is in the midst of “deportation proceedings, but there’s no specific date for this to be completed” — and they added that the county has 30 days to complete any deportation order.”

To be honest, I really didn’t believe she’d use her sister’s passport because 1. It’s so obvious 2. it opens Christine to possible criminal charges.

When that private investigator Jensen said it was his professional opinion that KA was going under the name, “Christine Armstrong” I thought it was silly for the above stated reasons.

I figured IF she intended to leave the US, she’d buy a fake passport which uses your picture with someone else’s name and info, whether fictitious or stolen.

I’m wondering if she HAD done this, would they have been able to track her to Costa Rica?

As with the Vicky White fugitive case, it seems we attribute more craftiness to these suspects than is true. They wind up doing the really obvious things.
I agree. It's odd she flew under the same last name & interesting that she got away with it to actually flee the country. Sister came in handy but what happens to CA now?

I think she picked the wrong resort. I little more "off the grid" would have been better.

Digital nomad visa

In October 2021, Costa Rica passed legislation for a new digital nomad visa, which will enable visitors that earn their income abroad to remain in the country legally for one year. While the Costa Rican government has announced the new digital nomad visa in the summer of 2021...

BBM & MOO

I remember how David, CS’s friend, said that after murder of MW, KA did “didn’t do what most soap operas would have had her do, which is go back home and kill the one thing you can't have [Strickland].” I wonder if she expected to find MW and CS together. There was no Strickland’s BMW bike at her house, but all that KA had was CS’s lying text.

News articles have posited that KA may have been tailing MW and CS throughout the evening. Her sudden arrival where MW was staying immediately after CS’s departure seems to put credence to that theory. If that’s the case, it seems to imply that KA knew CS was not going to be there, at least when she entered the building. Not fact, though. Just theory.

According to the following article,

[U.S. Marshals] tipped off authorities in the Central American country, who began combing likely tourist hangouts for any sign of the fugitive.

They eventually caught up with her at Don Jon’s, a $17-a-night hostel and yoga retreat in the popular surf resort of Santa Teresa, 170 miles (275kms) west of the capital San Jose on the Nicoya Peninsula.

I agree, RickshawFan. Looking at her high school photos in the following Fox News article, you can clearly see the "engineering" over the years.......

Wow, you’re right. Her wanted face looks like a totally different person than she did in high school.

She may have felt confident—because she had done it before—that she could radically change her looks.

Her hair is actually straight? The curls are some kind of perm? I would think it was the other way around, but, if so, she would easily have been able to wear it straight in Costa Rica for a different look. From the arrest photo, it looks like she wouldn’t be able to get it straight.

This case takes on a whole new dimension if she compulsively gets “looks engineering”. I wonder if MW was shot in the face.

I wonder if KA had cosmetic surgery on a prior visit to Costa Rica? She may even have told her sister that’s what she was going to do.

She’s done something to her skin, too, right? Maybe peels do that?

News articles have posited that KA may have been tailing MW and CS throughout the evening. Her sudden arrival where MW was staying immediately after CS’s departure seems to put credence to that theory. If that’s the case, it seems to imply that KA knew CS was not going to be there, at least when she entered the building. Not fact, though. Just theory.
She might have dropped one of those Apple tags on MW and/or CS. People have been using them for stalking. If she was in the car driving, she would not be able to check the locators. She might have thought CS was with MW, when actually he’d left. She prolly thought she was gonna catch them in flagrante.

It could have been just plain rage that KA dumped MW’s bicycle.

She might have dropped one of those Apple tags on MW and/or CS. People have been using them for stalking. If she was in the car driving, she would not be able to check the locators. She might have thought CS was with MW, when actually he’d left. She prolly thought she was gonna catch them in flagrante.

It could have been just plain rage that KA dumped MW’s bicycle.
Yes. And then she goes home to CS. Must have been an interesting night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
california_girl