TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, prized cyclist, fatally shot before race, Austin, May 2022 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Just saw this posted...

A woman who was arrested in Costa Rica on Thursday after being accused of murdering a pro cyclist will be held on a $3.5 million bond. Kaitlin Armstrong must also surrender her passport prior to release, and will be GPS monitored, according to court records from Travis County.

Bond!? Wonder if her family will be able to meet the bond requirements and get her out of the clink? I’m surprised she’s getting bond. Here in Florida people charged with murderer aren’t usually given bond I don’t believe.

I have to admit, I'm not seeing it either. I would expect some changes from high school pics to pics at age 34. Also, makeup can account for changes in skin tone. She certainly does not appear to have had extensive plastic surgery to me. And I am a guy, so what do I know, but it looks to me like her hair is probably naturally curly, and she straightened it in high school. If her hair is not naturally curly, that wanted pic is one high-dollar-perm, because those curls are gorgeous. On second thought, it may be a good perm, because in her pic from Costa Rica, it is definitely wavy with body, but not the flowing curls. I guess the prison salon probably isn't gonna work so well for her. JMO

I read an article about KA in high school. It may be posted here, or sometimes, they repost one another. She is a redhead, and on school photos her hair is straight. But - she was voted to have “the best hair in class”. I assume one can do a lot with good hair, styling-wise. Interestingly, even on earlier photos with CS, KA has a more round face, is very young-looking and has an exceptionally charming nose, I paid attention to it before any plastic surgery news. If I were to characterize her face on school photos, and “early CS phase” ones, it would be “innocent”. Her classmates said the same about her as everyone else - “kind and helpful”. Go guess… we shall not know everything about the court, of course, but maybe some relationships are destined to become toxic, and poison people? Maybe this should become a learning case about moral transformation, and why someone shouldn’t stay when the partner is wrong for them? I am abstaining from criticizing CS, but judging by published articles, we see that he was lying to Mo and blaming KA. Not difficult to imagine that it was the same way with KA.

Last edited:
They're letting her out?!
Well, she certainly would not be a flight risk (geez, where is that big eye-rolling emoji when you need it)! If she makes bail, she will be GPS monitored, and must surrender her passport. Doesn't mention her having to surrender anyone else's passport she may happen to have. What could possibly go wrong? JMO

ETA...Damn, CS may have to go back into hiding!

Last edited:
Okay I’m confused! She’s not even back in the US yet and hasn’t had a hearing or an arraignment. How can bond already be set?
And Travis County issued it! With the low % needed to make bond, they know she’s going to be released, that’s why she has to be GPS tracked and turn in her passport. She is a known flight risk and should not have been granted bond. JMO

Well, she certainly would not be a flight risk (damn, where is that big eyerolling emoji when you need it). if she makes bail, she will be GPS monitored, and must surrender her passport. Doesn't mention her having to surrender anyone else's passport she may happen to have. What could possibly go wrong?
Criminals cut those ankle monitors off ALL the time. I read the articles. :mad:

I still can't believe how dumb she was going to a popular tourist yoga destination, thinking she would get a nose job, and just blend in. She would have been better off getting a nanny job or something with some family in a remote area and staying off the grid. Well, I have no idea. I haven't put much thought into successful fugitive on the run plans. But yoga in Costa Rica in a place Tom Brady and Gisele frequent on your sister's passport seems like a poor choice.

She was arrested less than 10 days post nose job. She probably should be having a follow up appointment! Do they allow those in prison, ha. Any stitches to remove?
RSBM
IMO, a leopard can't change its spots, tho it might be able to dye it's hair and get a nose job. In her own mind, she's a yoga teacher/realtor, not a nanny. Plus, it sounds like she couldn't let down her guard with the people around her, too nervous.

JMO

Just curious, if she makes bond, and then goes out and commits another crime (lets say murdering CS), do you forfeit the bond amount? Or if you then go back to your house or wherever you are supposed to be, and then eventually to court, do you still get the bond back? Because if so I would be very scared if I were CS. Particularly since I think it would help KA's case if CS were dead and unable to testify, as she could put it all on CS.

Bond for Kaitlin Armstrong, accused of killing pro cyclist Anna Moriah Wilson, set at $3.5 million​

I laughed out loud when I read that she had to surrender her passport. WTH?

Bond on someone who already fled once?

I'm sure Daddy is already getting that bond payment together.

If she flees again, I'm going to have an aneurysm.

You almost can't make this stuff up...unbelievable!
I’m sure she’s making plans in her head already to run. She’d be stupid not to. They’re tempting her. After nearly 50 days as a fugitive, she was a textbook case for NO BOND. With the low % requirement she’ll make it easily. Surrendering her passport is a joke. I’m stunned.

And Travis County issued it! With the low % needed to make bond, they know she’s going to be released, that’s why she has to be GPS tracked and turn in her passport. She is a known flight risk and should not have been granted bond. JMO
This is completely REDONK!

Edited- not you, but the bond!

Is her father super-influential and made this deal on her behalf?
We cannot sleuth family members, but in the video widely posted here early on, where her father was interviewed, he was wearing what appeared to be the type vest worn by DOT workers out on the roads. I have also seen a pic of the home Kaitlin grew up in. Based on those things, I do not get the sense that she came from wealth. JMO

Really curious about the decision to offer bond. She’s facing a 1st degree murder charge and she’s already fled the country once. Common sense would say bond would be off the table for someone accused in such a violent crime who is most definitely a flight risk, but I guess not. It seems like a very unusual (and reckless) move to allow her to bond out IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
insanecobain