TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, prized cyclist, fatally shot before race, Austin, May 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just lurking and reading posts, how far was the bike found from the apartment? I assume LE took fingerprints but released no facts? The other thought I had on the MW's race bike is it most likely had special peddles, difficult to ride a distance without the proper footwear with clips. IMO

The bike was found only about 20 yards from the crime scene in a bamboo thicket.

Has KA’s family spoken to MSM?

Armstrong’s father, Michael Armstrong, told ABC’s “Good Morning America” in an interview broadcast Tuesday that he doesn’t believe that his daughter could have killed Wilson. He said there are many “unanswered questions” about what happened.

“I know her. I know how she thinks and I know what she believes. And I know that she just would not do something like this,” Michael Armstrong said…

So the neighbor didn't hear any gun shots and he is speculating that maybe a silencer was used. Would KA have purchased a silencer when it was not even she that purchased the guns, it was CS who purchased the guns?

But LE said that MW died of multiple gunshot wounds, so you would think that the neighbor who lived in the same building would have heard something.

Last edited:
Armstrong’s father, Michael Armstrong, told ABC’s “Good Morning America” in an interview broadcast Tuesday that he doesn’t believe that his daughter could have killed Wilson. He said there are many “unanswered questions” about what happened.

“I know her. I know how she thinks and I know what she believes. And I know that she just would not do something like this,” Michael Armstrong said…

KA's father appealing to KA "We love you Katie and we are going to figure this out." Lots of unanswered questions, he says.

He seems very level-headed and well spoken and cares for his daughter very much. I find it hard to believe that if she was still alive that she wouldn't have contacted him.

Even though a neighbors home camera caught KA ‘s vehicle on the street, I don’t think it showed her near it at all. KA might have driven down the street but then parked the car on another nearby street to be more inconspicuous and approached the house by foot. In the affidavit it says a witness reported hearing someone running down the steps of the house between 830 and 930pm and observed someone on a bike going southbound. The bike was found dumped south of the house. So maybe KA was trying to make a fast getaway to her car via MW’s bike, although KA is not a cycling racer she is just a mere participant as CS told the investigators (sarcasm). Or maybe messing with her beloved bike was another way KA was showing spite or contempt to MW?

See page 5 of affidavit DocumentCloud
I have read the police report affidavit a couple times. On page 3, about 3/4 of the way down, in the police station initial interview with CS, he states KA arrived back alone at their residence in the black Jeep after 10 PM. Does anyone else wonder why there is no questions posed by LE to CS about what CS/KA discussed between 10PM on 5/11 to the following morning when they separated the very next time on 5/12? IMO...it seems with what LE already knew about placing the Jeep at CC's apartment, that there would be further questioning about what CS and KA discussed about the events, misleading texts, delivering flowers vs. swimming and dinner with MW etc...

I have read the police report affidavit a couple times. On page 3, about 3/4 of the way down, in the police station initial interview with CS, he states KA arrived back alone at their residence in the black Jeep after 10 PM. Does anyone else wonder why there is no questions posed by LE to CS about what CS/KA discussed between 10PM on 5/11 to the following morning when they separated the very next time on 5/12? IMO...it seems with what LE already knew about placing the Jeep at CC's apartment, that there would be further questioning about what CS and KA discussed about the events, misleading texts, delivering flowers vs. swimming and dinner with MW etc...

I am sure the questioning took place, it just wasn't in the affidavit.

So the neighbor didn't hear any gun shots and he is speculating that maybe a silencer was used. Would KA have purchased a silencer when it was not even she that purchased the guns, it was CS who purchased the guns?

But LE said that MW died of multiple gunshot wounds, so you would think that the neighbor who lived in the same building would have heard something.
Upon reading, you can't just buy a silencer in a shop as you would a handgun and ammo.

There is a substantial application process that as I read takes some time.

Even in gun-happy Texas

If it was done legally, it would be on ATF records and LE would know. Illegally? I don't know.

I have friends and family that own multiple firearms, of different types (not in Texas), and NONE of them feel the need for a silencer.

KA's father appealing to KA "We love you Katie and we are going to figure this out." Lots of unanswered questions, he says.

He seems very level-headed and well spoken and cares for his daughter very much. I find it hard to believe that if she was still alive that she wouldn't have contacted him.

BBM...According to his interview, she has contacted him. The reporter said he talked to KA's father last night, and her dad said he last spoke with her about 5 days ago, so around May 18, and he knew where she was then. I would hope that he gave that information to LE, despite his belief that she is innocent. My heart goes out to him. His daughter may or may not have committed this murder, but he has to know that it would be in her best interest to turn herself in, and I hope he conveyed that to her JMO

BBM...According to his interview, she has contacted him. The reporter said he talked to KA's father last night, and her dad said he last spoke with her about 5 days ago, so around May 18, and he knew where she was then. I would hope that he gave that information to LE, despite his belief that she is innocent. My heart goes out to him. His daughter may or may not have committed this murder, but he has to know that it would be in her best interest to turn herself in, and I hope he conveyed that to her JMO

I understand a parent having a hard time believing their daughter or son is capable of murder. KA's father is in a terrible position.

So it sounds like KA spoke to her father at about the time, or just after, the homicide warrant was issued for her arrest on May 17th. And CS says the last time he spoke to KA was May 13th.

So she had four days or so to stay somewhere other than at her home with CS with no one looking for her.

Our family uses two of those “Find my”services. But, of course, all parties must agree to be tracked.

If KA and CS were on one of these apps, she would have no problem seeing where his phone was at every minute. She would know he went swimming, had something to eat, and she could easily have decided to follow him from the restaurant.

Correct me if Im wrong….but her car is seen on the doorbell camera at the same time the door to the apartment sends a signal its unlocked? And right about this time, CS sends that weird lying text.

I wonder if she wasnt parked and watched him drop her off. Watched her enter her apartment. Saw him pull out his phone….

Then she gets that text that he’s ‘playing’ her again. That might have really set her off.

Were the guns kept in the car…for ’security?’

Did the door ever send a signal that it was locked again? Maybe KA walked right in and confronted her in the bathroom.

But if KA had this app. CS knew she had it.

That text bothers me. Actually a lot about this case seems off to me.

I believe according to the LE account, the door to the apartment was only opened once after MW left, so it seems that she and her assailant entered the unit about 8:36 and she was found dead by the apartment owner, CC, at approximately 10:00 pm.

The report also states that CS states he did not enter the apartment upon returning, but check to see MW got the door open.

So, to me, that would place the assailant at the apartment before or as MW returned, and not attacking her at the door in view of CS.

Or CS's story is off.

Last edited:
Upon reading, you can't just buy a silencer in a shop as you would a handgun and ammo.

If it was done legally, it would be on ATF records and LE would know. Illegally? I don't know.
Good research on the legal requirements to own a silencer.

In regards to the possibility of an illegal silencer, I think the odds are extremely remote given the owners apparent nominal interest in fire arms ( he stated that he purchased, but never fired the weapon).

Illegal silencers would fall under federal jurisdiction- known for always having prison space, always having sufficient prosecutors and also known for always producing long sentences.

Given these "alwayses", my bet is that illegal silencers are very difficult to obtain. There probably needs to be a very high level of trust between the vendor and the buyer, or large amounts of money to make the reward worth the risk for the vendor.

In the end, illegal silencers could simply be unavailable for nearly all people in the practical sense.

Good research on the legal requirements to own a silencer.

In regards to the possibility of an illegal silencer, I think the odds are extremely remote given the owners apparent nominal interest in fire arms ( he stated that he purchased, but never fired the weapon).

Illegal silencers would fall under federal jurisdiction- known for always having prison space, always having sufficient prosecutors and also known for always producing long sentences.

Given these "alwayses", my bet is that illegal silencers are very difficult to obtain. There probably needs to be a very high level of trust between the vendor and the buyer, or large amounts of money to make the reward worth the risk for the vendor.

In the end, illegal silencers could simply be unavailable for nearly all people in the practical sense.

I had assumed that it was KA who would have purchased a silencer, unbeknown to CS.

The reporter says that the father said that he spoke to Katie about five days ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member