TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, prized cyclist, fatally shot before race, Austin, May 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would also hope that LE would know whether or not she has her passport. My partner and I keep all important documents like my birth certificate and our passports locked in a fireproof box when not in use, so if CS and KA also had a place where the stored important documents for safekeeping, it would be easy for LE to see what documents, if any, were missing.
Great point and also did she have a "vaccine passport" which would make it easier to fly overseas depending on airline and country of destination. One other add is if KA jumped a flight overseas after Laguardia from there or another airport, most airlines still accept cash or pre-paid credit cards at the ticket counter for ticket purchase. Did KA buy a one way ticket?

I am thinking it could be a ruse. From NYC one can fly to Canada, and then, to Cuba.

But if she flies to NYC, then back to TX (while she is being searched for in NYC), then the easiest way is to go to Mexico and any non-extradition country. Although TX has several major hubs itself. And if you fly to the country where covering the face is common…

From NYC one can fly to Cuba. The US has many Cuban flights and just added more. I explained several times why this is a bad idea on the Casey thread, and I'm all but certain she's not in Cuba, but it can be done.

Mexico will not extradite if the suspect faces the death penalty but is otherwise not a "non-extradition country".

From NYC one can fly to Cuba. The US has many Cuban flights and just added more. I explained several times why this is a bad idea on the Casey thread, and I'm all but certain she's not in Cuba, but it can be done.

Mexico will not extradite if the suspect faces the death penalty but is otherwise not a "non-extradition country".
I posted the list of non-extradition countries, but it all is very questionable. In the court of public opinion, there is a difference between Comrade Che and Gary Ridgeway; a country might be willing to grant asylum to a political refugee, but who wants to host garden-variety murderers? A good example: in another thread, a murderous couple ran to Cambodia, a non-extradition country, and when found, was returned back to TX, charged with visa violation. I was thinking that wearing a veil and hiding in someone’s harem is a way out, but it is not for everyone.

She was already planning on fleeing prior to being interrogated as I understand it:
“[Armstrong’s escape] wasn’t something that was abrupt, this was something that was methodical, that was timed. She had somewhat of a plan,” he said.
Filla said that Armstrong may have been “spooked” as the investigation intensified.

It’s an interesting quote because the first part states that KA had a methodical plan of escape while the second part implies that she planned her escape once “spooked” by the investigation.

Hopefully they will release the date that she bought the plane tickets soon!

Regardless, with the warrant not being issued until May 17, she had four days after the interrogation to methodically plan her escape without fear of being noticed even if she hadn’t thought about fleeing before then!

All MOO.

Especially since KA had a lot of cards on her hands. Their business with CS was her business (or, she was the brains behind it); they once already broke up so she knew it was possible to survive without him; she, tbh, is very good-looking, and if she has the guts to run a business, then why does she need to support the one who doesn’t?

I think the only thing to explain was MW’s reputation of the cycling goddess. CS was putting KA down, did not want to train with her, and ultimately, chose someone who was on top of the business that was his passion.

CS doesn’t come good either way. Putting KA down and later cheating on her with top of the tops. She definitely misplaced her anger, because had she killed CS, it could have been seen as crime of passion. I understand how she felt, that other woman was on top of the sport in which (CS said) KA failed, and now MW took KA’s man. And of course CS’s reputation is now ruined.

I think CS was such a good liar, deleting all messages, etc., that maybe KA needed some time in MW’s house to find certain proof that the affair was going on? And found it? And got livid?

Do we have any idea of which country it was that she has previously lived in? That might be a place to start.

I'm gonna guess: Thailand or UK

Colin Strickland has gone into hiding, according to the Daily Mail. Article says Kaitlin's mother is an alcoholic and her brother is a drug abuser: Cyclist whose girlfriend is accused of killing love rival flees Texas

This quote doesn't make sense:
He added: 'After it happened, she didn't do what most soap operas would have had her do, which is go back home and kill the one thing you can't have [Strickland]. It's dark.
Why would she think she couldn't have CS if KA got away with killing MW?...Didn't she already have him to begin with?

It’s an interesting quote because the first part states that KA had a methodical plan of escape while the second part implies that she planned her escape once “spooked” by the investigation.

Hopefully they will release the date that she bought the plane tickets soon!

Regardless, with the warrant not being issued until May 17, she had four days after the interrogation to methodically plan her escape without fear of being noticed even if she hadn’t thought about fleeing before then!

All MOO.
It seems unclear as to whether the "methodical plan of escape" was formulated on the heels of her release on the 12th or was formulated ahead of the incident. To rationalize, the "planning" could have happened in the two days between her interview and her departure.

Regardless of whatever they may say to the public, I feel confident that if LE were able to uncover KA's flight to NY, they also know if she has since continued on to another location by air. They may not know her exact whereabouts, but they surely know if she had fled the country. If she had, I believe they would have stated that. I think it is likely that LE have a pretty good idea of the area she is hiding in, and will be surprised if she has not turned herself in, especially if she has been in further contact with her father, or been found and taken into custody within a very few days. JMO

It seems unclear as to whether the "methodical plan of escape" was formulated on the heels of her release on the 12th or was formulated ahead of the incident. To rationalize, the "planning" could have happened in the two days between her interview and her departure.
Per the theory of "methodical plan of escape", IMO...if KA committed the crime, would leave the country and with known fact of Laguardia IA, KA landing at approx. 3:30 PM from Houston on 5/14. Assuming ground transportation to either JFK or Newark, possibly puts her arriving there by 5-6pm with traffic. Assuming no airline ticket in hand at this point, by 6:30-7:00 PM, KA purchases a one way ticket with cash or pre-paid credit card at ticket counter for an international departure scheduled between 10pm - 6AM the next morning. Per typical daily JFK departure schedule, London and Paris have the most flight departure options. Barcelona 10PM, ABU Dubai 10:30 and 11pm, and Singapore 10:30pm, and yes, possibilities are endless but if her plan was methodical, she put herself in vicinity of a couple airports with most options to fly last minute out of country in short time frame from Austin departure.

Per the theory of "methodical plan of escape", IMO...if KA committed the crime, would leave the country and with known fact of Laguardia IA, KA landing at approx. 3:30 PM from Houston on 5/14. Assuming ground transportation to either JFK or Newark, possibly puts her arriving there by 5-6pm with traffic. Assuming no airline ticket in hand at this point, by 6:30-7:00 PM, KA purchases a one way ticket with cash or pre-paid credit card at ticket counter for an international departure scheduled between 10pm - 6AM the next morning. Per typical daily JFK departure schedule, London and Paris have the most flight departure options. Barcelona 10PM, ABU Dubai 10:30 and 11pm, and Singapore 10:30pm, and yes, possibilities are endless but if her plan was methodical, she put herself in vicinity of a couple airports with most options to fly last minute out of country in short time frame from Austin departure.

She didn't arrive to LaGuardia until 7:23pm (flight was almost 30 minutes late). I linked her actual flight details in this earlier post:

<modsnip> I do not believe she has left the US. We know that she has spoken to her father since fleeing, and I get the sense that they have a close relationship, based on his comments. He knew where she was at that time, and I believe it is likely that he asked her to turn herself in, so that he could help her through the legal system. If she were out of the country, I think he would have told LE that. Also, since 9/11, airport security has made it next to impossible to get an airline ticket and fly using fake identification, and if she flew, using her real name, regardless of her means of payment, there is a record of her ticket purchase and flight. And lastly, I suppose if you are fleeing LE, no price is too steep, but an international airline ticket purchased with little to no advance planning, is probably going to be very expensive, regardless of your destination. I am not sure that she had the means. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
She didn't arrive to LaGuardia until 7:23pm (flight was almost 30 minutes late). I linked her actual flight details in this earlier post:
Thanks for the correction, 12:30 pm Austin to Houston, 2:57pm Houston to Laguardia 7:23pm.

I know nothing about cruises (e.g. what kind of identification is required to book and board) but I do know there is a port in Bayonne, NJ that cruises depart from. Would it be possible to board a cruise and then leave at some port of call without any alarms being sounded?

I did a quick search of what sort of itineraries were available this month and there are quite a few that do the Caribbean (some stop in other ports in the US on the way to pick up more passengers), one that went to Europe and one to Canada.

A few interesting points here
-main source for article is a friend of CS who also knew KA
-she was nice and he saw no red flags
-says she did business and accounts and website work for the trailer renovation business and owned 3 rental properties in Austin, as well as her realtor work and past yoga work, and and 'could have retired at 34 if she wanted to'
-she was from Michigan and lived in Santa Monica CA before moving to Austin in 2017
-new photos of house and alley where bike found, and photo of house where KA was living at time of murder
MOST INTERESTING:
“A neighbor, who asked not to be named, told how her home security cameras caught Armstrong's black Jeep Cherokee driving up to the property, which sits above a garage at the back of a larger home, at 8.35pm.

She also told DailyMail.com that Armstrong had been caught on camera the previous day, riding a bike in the same spot.”

A few interesting points here
-main source for article is a friend of CS who also knew KA
-she was nice and he saw no red flags
-says she did business and accounts and website work for the trailer renovation business and owned 3 rental properties in Austin, as well as her realtor work and past yoga work, and and 'could have retired at 34 if she wanted to'
-she was from Michigan and lived in Santa Monica CA before moving to Austin in 2017
-new photos of house and alley where bike found, and photo of house where KA was living at time of murder
MOST INTERESTING:
“A neighbor, who asked not to be named, told how her home security cameras caught Armstrong's black Jeep Cherokee driving up to the property, which sits above a garage at the back of a larger home, at 8.35pm.

She also told DailyMail.com that Armstrong had been caught on camera the previous day, riding a bike in the same spot.”

It would be interesting to know when the previous day in relation to MW arriving in Austin that day, like did she know because of the Strava app or something else.

<snipped>

I haven't seen this reported before this article appeared today in the Daily Mail. If true, it is clear that KA was completely obsessed with MW coming to Austin for the gravel race, and possibly worse.

Here's something I found very interesting - KA's real estate license is 'inactive,' which means that it is on hiatus and it appears to be something done by her (it's not a penalty):
This is the actual record:
I'd love to know when she did this, like was she on the outs in real estate (meaning she might also have had financial pressures that were unknown to others) so went inactive before all this happened or is she expecting at some point to return to TX and get her old life back? The date of going inactive would seem relevant either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amandalent