TX - Multiple Dallas Police Officers shot during downtown protest, 7/7/16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sitting here wondering "why Dallas?"

Any locals have insights?

High population, easy to navigate away, other than that I'm not sure. The way these people scurried away and moved about makes me think they are familiar with the area.

Houston PD changing over to two men per car, wait for back up on calls

If it came from the police asking for help that's one thing but when I saw it posted the police had already stated this person was not a person of interest any longer.

Yes, if the police say they are looking "this person" in a picture/video that's one thing but then it's up to you to make sure that person's picture doesn't continue to be used on Websleuths if the person has been cleared.

Please alert if this situation arises so one of the mods can remove the pictures.

And please make sure it does come from the police and not a random YouTube video.

Thank you.

Usually I believe it has been okay here to post a suspect and/or POI photo issued by police when they have specifically said they want the public's help looking for that person. But that may have changed, or Tricia, busy as she is, may not have had time to read enough about the story to know that it came from police. I'm going to make a mental note to ask a mod at some point if they can provide some clarification.

Exactly. It wasn't random, even if turned out to be wrong.

The picture was released by LE. I just don't want anyone to get in trouble for posting it. Everything is happening so fast and nothing is concrete right now.

13615188_1065312803557804_4630895257649568781_n.jpg

One that was in surgury seems like he will survive

If it came from the police asking for help that's one thing but when I saw it posted the police had already stated this person was not a person of interest any longer.

Yes, if the police say they are looking "this person" in a picture/video that's one thing but then it's up to you to make sure that person's picture doesn't continue to be used on Websleuths if the person has been cleared.

Please alert if this situation arises so one of the mods can remove the pictures.

And please make sure it does come from the police and not a random YouTube video.

Thank you.
WFAA-TV on FB posted the picture from LE asking for help from the public in search of this person. It was also on CNN live tv (not the most reliable source).

Thank you.

Thanks, Tricia. Most news media outlets are reporting this man is no longer a suspect, but I just surfed past Fox and they were still calling him a suspect. So, some media outlets haven't caught up with the news yet.

I feel badly for this young man, its unfair.

Thank you.

I alerted my post to be removed. Thank you for the clarification.

The public has sometimes complained when police wore their riot gear during large protests, for protection. Sometimes, some protest groups have asked them to take it off if they want the protests to stay peaceful. I think that will not be the case anymore for awhile. :cry:

I'm calling it a night y'all. (That "y'all" is in honor of Dallas!) I'll catch up in the morning.

RIP to the people who lost their lives to violence this week. My sympathies to all who are affected....including those of us watching the coverage in dismay.

Peace. May this week somehow lead to peace.

I feel badly for the mis-identified guy as well. I am glad that he was able to clear himself without incident...it could have been very ugly.

Governor Abbott released the following statement on the shootings in Dallas:

"Our thoughts and prayers are with the Dallas law enforcement community and the Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) officers killed and injured this evening. I've spoken to Texas Department of Public Safety Director Steve McCraw and have directed him to offer whatever assistance the City of Dallas needs at this time. In times like this we must remember - and emphasize - the importance of uniting as Americans."

http://gov.texas.gov/news/press-release/22485

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member