TX - Multiple Dallas Police Officers shot during downtown protest, 7/7/16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ICYMI

@MikeLeslieWFAA

Something people should understand nationally -- BLM & Dallas PD have respect for each other. DPD was protecting marchers. Snipers did this.

What we did not see in Dallas was a riot.

No tear gas. No protestors and law enforcement skirmishing in the street or squared off against one another.

Not lost in this tragedy, but rightly lowered on the priority scale of the moment, is the truth that #Dallas is a city of healthier race relations than some might imagine.

It hasn't reached *advertiser censored*-ba-ya and probably never will.

But the city of hate, it a'int.

yeh chief is now going in direction of planned indeed......

I was surprised to hear him state publicly 'the guy says there's bombs all over the city.' That's the kind of stuff that makes people panic.

Me too! I don't think there are bombs. Seems like the terrorists are claiming bombs to avoid LE from apprehending them, getting closer. (Like the Orlando tragedy)

I still have never gotten why in most pressers why there is someone that declares one last question in the background> The person who is holding a presser is capable of saying IMO, I will take one last question.

Sounds as if they are gonna decide if they are continue to neg or SWAT him down/ or out moo

Assistance from the governor that will help due to officer shortage sounds like a way of saying 'we're bringing in the National Guard', no?

Saw a really nice pic on Twitter from earlier in the evening. I think this is it.

Oops, can't find it now, but it was a pic of a protestor posing with 2 Dallas police officers, all three smiling.

Oh of course. It's clearly past my bedtime. I go to the museum at least once a year. Sheesh.

No worries. I read a thread earlier and I swear I read it as "police have a cat surrounded" instead of "car."

On the local news channel a woman is being interviewed but in another frame on the screen it looks like a long line of police officers standing in front of a 7-11. Why are they standing like that, there? It looks like when they were guarding buildings in Ferguson.

I don't see why that crowd is standing around there either.

Perps knew the protest route...so how did they get that information?

Assistance from the governor that will help due to officer shortage sounds like a way of saying 'we're bringing in the National Guard', no?

Not necessarily. Gov. Abbott mentioned DPS Chief McGraw in the statement he issued earlier tonight.

This past spring, the City of Dallas and Texas DPS looked into having DPS assist DPD because of a manpower shortage.

I don't think that went further than talks, but my guess is that the current references are DPS and not the National Guard.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Da...atrol-Dangerous-Dallas-Streets-374047631.html

My cynical side wants to flare up, but I'll refrain for now. #Dallas

I still have never gotten why in most pressers why there is someone that declares one last question in the background> The person who is holding a presser is capable of saying IMO, I will take one last question.

Sounds as if they are gonna decide if they are continue to neg or SWAT him down/ or out moo
It is someone from the city or government telling them it's time to wrap it up. I can't imagine being in front of a microphone, with my fellow officers being under attack, and trying to act normal. They can't possibly keep track of things right now. Their #1 goal is to get the killers. Trust me, the Mayor and Chief didn't want to be there tonight. They would rather be with LE, trying to apprehend the suspects.

Perps knew the protest route...so how did they get that information?

I am not sure, but I do not think they would be like secret - people may want to join closer to where live, etc jmo

apparently the one that talking to cops now ran to the garage he is now in -- I think they are gonna go in after him in a bit +-

On CNN live: they are showing a picture of the suspect from behind at a rally. How did he get away with having that weapon out in public?

info on TX gun law re 'Open Carry' of long guns & handguns
"Long gun and black powder weapon (including handgun) open carry is not forbidden by law, unless in a manner "calculated to cause alarm."
Effective January 1, 2016, individuals with a handgun carry license will be permitted to carry openly, per House Bill 910 of the 2015 legislative session. Non-residents from states whose permits are recognized by Texas will also be allowed to open carry under the new law.
"

"As of January 1, 2016, holders of a Texas CHL or LTC are able to openly carry handguns in the same places that allow concealed carry with some exceptions. Openly carried handguns must be in a shoulder or belt holster.Existing CHL holders may continue to carry with a valid license. New applicants will be required to complete training on the use of restraint holsters and methods to ensure the secure carry of openly carried handguns.
Exceptions to Open Carry

• Open carry is not permitted on the premises of an institution or higher education or private or independent institution of higher education
  • Open carry is not permitted on any public or private driveway, street, sidewalk or walkway, parking lot, parking garage or other parking area of an institution of higher education or private or independent institution of higher education
  • Open carry is not permitted by an individual who is acting as a personal protection officer under Chapter 1702 Texas Occupations Code and is not wearing a uniform[SUP][12]"[/SUP]

^ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Texas

Watching fox right now, and they are showing police holding a line at the 7/11, and there is a group of men in gang colors and throwing up signs to the cops, laughing and having a grand old time. Earlier I saw a guy just laughing and texting and taking pictures of the camera men. What has happened to this world that we continue to hurt each other and there is so little compassion?

This whole tragedy kind of reminds me of watching the Hollywood bank robbery shoot out. It was going on LIVE, in real time, and cops were getting shot, by two robbers in full body armor, shooting automatic weapons, and the cops had no vests and little pea shooter guns. It was tragic.

http://www.dailynews.com/general-ne...th-hollywood-shootout-remain-lingering-memory

Both robbers were killed, eleven police officers and seven civilians were hurt, and numerous vehicles and other property were damaged or destroyed by the nearly 2,000 rounds of ammunition fired by the robbers and the police.

After watching the press conference I am confused.

As far as i can tell the man in the video is not one of the killers. I was 100 percent certain he was not one of them based on the police twitter feed I was reading but now after the press conference, I don't think anything has been nailed down one way or the other for certain.

Let's do this. We know the guy has turned himself in which is the most important thing. Let's keep that video off of Websleuths unless the police actually name him as a suspect.

Everyone, I am sorry but things are changing so fast who knows what we will know in the next 5 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member