TX - Muna Pandey, 21 - Houston - International Student shot in home - photos of POI - 24 Aug 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

TexLil

Reaction score
21-year-old international student, Muna Pandey, was found shot to death in her home in Houston Monday.

An unknown suspect has been pictured in surveillance stills of him leaving the scene of the crime Saturday night.

Last edited:
52-year old Bobby Sinh Shah is the man arrested.

The article says the murder was committed during an attempted robbery.

The suspect's last name(s) and appearance suggest possible ties to north India or Nepal. The victim did not have immediate family in the US and the male suspect is far older than who a 21 year old attractive girl would associate as a friend.

I wonder on what basis he approached the victim? Was the crime opportunistic in the predatory sense? Or, had the suspect approached the victim before under a guise of some sort?

The suspect's last name(s) and appearance suggest possible ties to north India or Nepal. The victim did not have immediate family in the US and the male suspect is far older than who a 21 year old attractive girl would associate as a friend.

I wonder on what basis he approached the victim? Was the crime opportunistic in the predatory sense? Or, had the suspect approached the victim before under a guise of some sort?
I am guessing they had some sort of connection, had met before. Maybe through some sort of Nepalese cultural event in Houston or something like that. Does he have any connection to Rice University?

I am guessing they had some sort of connection, had met before. Maybe through some sort of Nepalese cultural event in Houston or something like that. Does he have any connection to Rice University?
Maybe both options. Say.... a Nepali Students Association at Rice?

Nearly all colleges have ethnic based student associations. Of course, the level of participation of individual students in these groups can vary from none to heavily involved. But.... if the victim made a meeting or two?

It looks like the connection is a Nepalese restaurant where the victim used to work. The suspect was a frequent customer.

Likewise, another source also states that another person tipped police that BS had previously placed ads on a "Sugar Daddy" website (never new those even existed).

Wow. Plenty of info coming out now. And apparently plenty of video. Very tragic. I'm guessing he just became infatuated with her from the restaurant and then obsessed. Maybe just snapped when she didn't want him for a sugar daddy? All so pointless.

So who was the anonymous male who called in the tip that she was dead inside her apartment?

Odder yet, where was this camera that caught all this? The perp obviously didn’t see it at least initially? Is that why he took her phone but nothing else? Was he going to try to access her cloud to erase camera footage?

Thank God she had them installed, or this could have taken a while to solve.

Wow. Plenty of info coming out now. And apparently plenty of video. Very tragic. I'm guessing he just became infatuated with her from the restaurant and then obsessed. Maybe just snapped when she didn't want him for a sugar daddy? All so pointless.
Not so sure that will be directly linked, it doesn’t say Muna was on the SD website? If she had been stalked last year and that’s why she installed the camera to begin with. This guy could have seen her at the restaurant or phone store she worked in and followed her home to see where she lived?

Not so sure that will be directly linked, it doesn’t say Muna was on the SD website? If she had been stalked last year and that’s why she installed the camera to begin with. This guy could have seen her at the restaurant or phone store she worked in and followed her home to see where she lived?
I wasn't implying that Muna was at all in search of that sort of a relationship. But he certainly was. I'm just speculating that he could have met her at the restaurant and then pursued her for that purpose but she wasn't interested.

In the first video, which was taken around 8:40 p.m. that night, Pandey was seen standing at her door with a man who was later identified as Shah. She was holding a shoe box, a shopping bag a jacket and a purse.

According to court documents, Shah was holding a gun while telling Pandey to open the door. When she asked him what he was going to do, he racked the slide of the gun and told her again to open the door, investigators said.

About a minute later, Pandey opens the door and Shah pushes her inside.

Just over an hour later, Shah was seen leaving the apartment carrying the black purse Pandey had brought inside, investigators said.

Authorities believe he killed her just before leaving. Investigators said Pandey was shot three times in her body and once in the head.

Quite a bit more info in the article.

While reading the account of what happened before Muna unlocked the door, I was simultaneously thinking, no don’t do it. Scream, fight, run! It’s the same principle as an abduction, never get in the car. If you die trying to get away, it will be better than what will happen when they have you alone later. Gavin de Becker- the gift of fear? It’s been so long now I may have that wrong.

Easier said as a Monday Morning Quarterback. Muna was scared and in shock at what was happening to her I’m sure.

Did she have a boyfriend who had keys to her apartment? Still puzzled by the male who called to report her body? He calls the leasing agent, who was he and how did he know?

• 8/24/24 9:48 PM - Shah is seen exiting Muna's apartment, after spending an hour inside
  • 8/26/24 - Muna is discovered deceased in her apartment
  • 8/28/24 - Shah is arrested during a traffic stop, wearing the same bloodstained clothes as seen in the footage from Muna's apartment
Very strange. Shah wasn't arrested for four days after he murdered Muna. Why was he still wearing the same clothes?
I also don't seen any bloodstains on his clothing, but LE may have edited the photo distributed to the public. Makes sense.

1725837412815.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Name Here
Back