Found Deceased TX - Nathan Heathco, 22, Liberty County, 12 Jan 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Liberty County ESD#3 VFD

To stop the spread of rumors, the search has been suspended it has gotten dark.

A lot of area has been covered with zero clues.
Please follow Texas EquuSearch Facebook page for further search efforts.

Assistant Chief Nelson

UPDATE: Texas EquuSearch is suspending the ground search efforts for 22 year-old Nathan Heathco as we await more information.

Texas EquuSearch
MISSING: Nathan Heathco - Liberty County, Texas (1/12/21)

UPDATE: Texas EquuSearch is suspending the ground search efforts for 22 year-old Nathan Heathco as we await further information.

GROUND SEARCH ACTIVIATION: The active search for 22 year-old Nathan Heathco will begin at 9:30 a.m. on Friday – January 15th 2021. We will be in need of searchers on foot and ATV. The search staging location will be at the Liberty County ESD #3 Volunteer Fire Dept, located at 8704 FM 1409 in Dayton, Texas 77535. Please dress for the forecasted weather conditions, and some thick brush, and a muddy ground. Wear boots if you have them. All persons in the search area or Command Post must wear a CDC approved face mask at all times, and all persons must maintain at least a 6 foot distance from other persons. David White is your Search Coordinator, and David can be reached at (281) 799-9586.

22 year-old Nathan Heathco was last seen walking on FM 1409 in Liberty County, Texas on January 12th 2021. Nathan had just been in a vehicle accident, and he may have been injured. Nathan was wearing a green camo jacket, a black long-sleeved shirt, jeans and brown & green cowboy boots. Nathan has “Dirty” tattooed on the back of his left leg, and “South” tattooed on the right leg. He also has the tattoo of “praying hands” on the back of his right shoulder, and the name “Cassidy” tattooed in the rib area of his right side. If you have seen Nathan Heathco since his reported disappearance, if you know of his current whereabouts, or if you have any information whatsoever concerning Nathan’s disappearance; please call the Liberty County Sheriff’s Office at (936) 336-4500 - or call Texas EquuSearch at (281) 309-9500.

MISSING: Nathan Heathco – Liberty County, Texas (1/12/21)
Search suspended owe this update but no info sense... what does that mean?

Search suspended owe this update but no info sense... what does that mean?

My guess is that it’s poorly written, and not that “the search is suspended to stop the spread of rumors,” but that “we are making this announcement to stop the spread of rumors: the search has been suspended etc.

Head injuries can be very misleading. People will often say they are fine after suffering a head trauma only to die hours or days later. Read the story of the death of actor Liam Neeson’s wife Natasha in 2009.
It’s possible that NH did not realize he was severely injured as he walked away from the store and then collapsed later.
My daughter and I were in a car accident in the 90's. The roof caved in and hit her head. She had amnesia for about 6 hours. She also had an epidural hematoma. Without the emergency surgery she would have died. However, she walked, talked the same as everyone else.

Possibly Nathan's body has been found, identification pending.

Authorities have recovered a body in the area where a Baytown man went missing last week. The body was found Sunday by a fisherman who was looking for a place to camp, according to Capt. Ken DeFoor, a spokesperson for the Liberty County Sheriff’s Office.

Body found near search zone for missing man in Dayton area

Authorities have recovered a body in the area where a Baytown man went missing last week. The body was found Sunday by a fisherman who was looking for a place to camp, according to Capt. Ken DeFoor, a spokesperson for the Liberty County Sheriff’s Office.

Right at the Trinity River.

Can anyone read what that sign says in the picture?
Harrison’s

No trespassing

No outlet

Harrison’s

No trespassing

No outlet
I can’t read it at all! I don’t know how you made out that much! But the article says he was found at the end of 442, which is a private road. Google maps also calls 442 Harrison Rd. so that makes sense.

A small mark on his head is only sign of trauma. Sounds like it could indeed be one of those terrible, sneaky head injuries like Natasha Richardson. :(

While it appears the body may belong to the missing man, DeFoor said a positive confirmation will be made through an autopsy in Beaumont this week.

The body was discovered at the end of Private Road 442 near a tributary that feeds into the Trinity River. The area is swampy and difficult to reach by vehicle, so sheriff’s investigators had to trek further by foot.

LCSO Capt. Billy Knox said the body has no obvious signs of trauma other than a small mark on the man’s head.

LCSO: Body found in Liberty County may be Nathan Heathco | khou.com

A fisherman was searching for a place to set up along a tributary that leads into the Trinity River when he found a body fitting Heathco's description, the sheriff's office said.

It was reported about 10:30 a.m. near Private Road 442 in Liberty County.

Investigators are currently awaiting autopsy results to determine a cause of death and to confirm the man's identity.

The body was on the bank of a wooded area near a small body of water and behind a private residence, according to deputies.

LCSO said the area is outside the search perimeter Texas EquuSearch set up Friday.

Seems he made it quite a distance. If the wreck was at 4 ish...I wonder what happened that he walked down that road. Here’s the sign.

Harrison’s

No trespassing

No outlet

I can’t read it at all! I don’t know how you made out that much! But the article says he was found at the end of 442, which is a private road. Google maps also calls 442 Harrison Rd. so that makes sense.

A small mark on his head is only sign of trauma. Sounds like it could indeed be one of those terrible, sneaky head injuries like Natasha Richardson. :(

Attachments

• FE80FC23-1156-492F-AEE8-0DA97AD338ED.jpeg
    FE80FC23-1156-492F-AEE8-0DA97AD338ED.jpeg
    200.3 KB · Views: 138
Seems he made it quite a distance. If the wreck was at 4 ish...I wonder what happened that he walked down that road. Here’s the sign.

Yes he did make it kinda far. And I wonder why he would walk so far down a lonely road to nowhere? If he had a head injury he could have not been thinking straight.

Has anyone seen a picture of the wrecked car? Or any details about the wreck? I’ve seen nothing.

Yes he did make it kinda far. And I wonder why he would walk so far down a lonely road to nowhere? If he had a head injury he could have not been thinking straight.

Has anyone seen a picture of the wrecked car? Or any details about the wreck? I’ve seen nothing.

Any idea how many miles he walked? If he had an active brain bleed or swelling of the brain tissue, I'm skeptical about him being able to walk a long distance. My cousin was playing basketball in high school, hit his head on the gym wall, and sat out the final minutes of the practice due to hitting his head [coach never bothered to call his mother since he didn't think it was that bad]. His mother picked him up and on the way home he told her what happened [he was vomiting in the car]. She drove him straight to the local hospital. They immediately transferred him to a trauma center a 25 to 30 minute drive away. Upon arrival and a quick assessment, he went into surgery. The surgeon told his mother, 30 minutes longer and he would have been dead. He had a large bleed that had displaced his brain off center/midline.

Again, I do wonder how far the location of where the body was found is from the accident scene? That would give an idea of walking distance and amount of time it would take to walk. Also, what needs taken into consideration [assuming he died of head trauma from the wreck] is that he would be becoming less and less alert, his thinking would be foggy, his head would be hurting, he would be vomiting. This would slow his movement to a stumble. Hoping someone local can give an approximate distance.

Any idea how many miles he walked? If he had an active brain bleed or swelling of the brain tissue, I'm skeptical about him being able to walk a long distance. My cousin was playing basketball in high school, hit his head on the gym wall, and sat out the final minutes of the practice due to hitting his head [coach never bothered to call his mother since he didn't think it was that bad]. His mother picked him up and on the way home he told her what happened [he was vomiting in the car]. She drove him straight to the local hospital. They immediately transferred him to a trauma center a 25 to 30 minute drive away. Upon arrival and a quick assessment, he went into surgery. The surgeon told his mother, 30 minutes longer and he would have been dead. He had a large bleed that had displaced his brain off center/midline.

Again, I do wonder how far the location of where the body was found is from the accident scene? That would give an idea of walking distance and amount of time it would take to walk. Also, what needs taken into consideration [assuming he died of head trauma from the wreck] is that he would be becoming less and less alert, his thinking would be foggy, his head would be hurting, he would be vomiting. This would slow his movement to a stumble. Hoping someone local can give an approximate distance.

I don’t know where exactly the wreck was on 1409, but it’s approximately 1.7 miles from intersection of 1409 & 442 to the end of private road 442. (That’s the only description I’ve found of where his body was found, so that’s only appropriate also.) So he walked at least 1.7 miles plus however far down 1409 from the accident site.

Google Maps

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo
Back