Found Deceased TX - Nathan Heathco, 22, Liberty County, 12 Jan 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMO, if this recovered body is in fact NH, it's possible the small mark on his head happened after he walked away on foot. The area where the body was found is described as swampy and difficult to reach by a vehicle. He could have easily lost his footing and hit his head. It could have been a superficial injury. At this time, I don't think a head injury resulted in his death. It appears his body washed ashore.

Body found near search zone for missing man in Dayton area

IMO, if this recovered body is in fact NH, it's possible the small mark on his head happened after he walked away on foot. The area where the body was found is described as swampy and difficult to reach by a vehicle. He could have easily lost his footing and hit his head. It could have been a superficial injury. At this time, I don't think a head injury resulted in his death. It appears his body washed ashore.

Body found near search zone for missing man in Dayton area
It does sound like it at least looked like a superficial injury. 4am is an unusual time to be driving to visit friends, even for young people IMO. Unless there were very specific or unusual circumstances that warranted a visit and nothing about that has been mentioned. I think substances could have been involved and he left the scene quickly, forgetting phone, to avoid a DUI (so common) and if he were impaired he could have succumbed to hypothermia? I don’t know.

This is concerning.
Another young man, Nathan Heathco.....in Texas.....missing after walking away from a vehicle accident. Glad to see TES is on it.
https://texasequusearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Nathan-Heathco-Flyer.pdf

His FB:
Nathan Heathco

https://texasequusearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Nathan-Heathco-Flyer.pdf
Oh My !!!
I just saw this case and wondered what happened and the first thing I see is "Missing after a car accident"
Not another one !!! WTH ???
What is going on ???

I see everyone discussing the distance " he " would have went etc. Has there been positive ID yet?

I’ve not been able to find an update that states positive identification yet.

MAN MISSING AFTER CAR CRASH FOUND DEAD

Liberty County Sheriff’s Lead Investigators Lucy Castro and David Meyers said that a positive identification and cause of death cannot be determined until an autopsy has been completed. Justice of the Peace Larry Wilburn of
PCT. 4 conducted the inquest and ordered the autopsy. The investigation in on-going and awaiting the result of the autopsy report.

Liberty County Sheriff’s Lead Investigators Lucy Castro and David Meyers said that a positive identification and cause of death cannot be determined until an autopsy has been completed. Justice of the Peace Larry Wilburn of
PCT. 4 conducted the inquest and ordered the autopsy. The investigation in on-going and awaiting the result of the autopsy report.

Thank you for your response. I've yet to find a definite answer either.

Last edited by a moderator:

I believe the body was only located on Sunday and Monday was a federal holiday -- labs probably closed. It seems authorities are waiting for autopsy results before making a formal announcement about the identity. He was wearing very distinct clothing when he went missing and has some unique body marks for identification. Very sorry for his family and friends -- such a young man. MOO

LCSO: Body found in Liberty County may be Nathan Heathco | khou.com

The body was on the bank of a wooded area near a small body of water and behind a private residence, according to deputies.

LCSO said the area is outside the search perimeter Texas EquuSearch set up Friday.

Heathco, who is 22 years old, disappeared Jan. 12 after his vehicle went off road and crashed into a ditch along Highway 1409. He was on his way to visit a friend, deputies said.

Heathco was caught on surveillance walking past the fire station where search crews were staged and then walking to a nearby store. Officers said he then continued south on the highway and was never seen again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamzie
Back