TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & 2 daughters, found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nichol's youngest daughter was shot in the head and neck. That tells me (a shooting range instructor for women's classes) that WHOEVER PULLED THE TRIGGER WAS AN INEXPERIENCED SHOOTER. This killer flinched at the sound of the pistol firing which caused the muzzle of the gun to drop. When the muzzle dropped, the bullet missed its intended target and struck the child in the neck not her head.

What Granny describes in regards to inexperience happened to a group of friends and myself handling guns for the first time at a gun range. All of us shot well the first time or two but as the session went on one friend in particular flinched repeatedly and shot off-target typically down. We had ear protection but the sound, and power of the gun, was still intimidating.

But guns initially pop upward immediately after being fired. Flinching at the firing sound would have occurred after the bullet left the gun.
In my opinion, the bullet would have hit exactly where the gun had been aimed.

Pre-ignition flinch is flinching at the same time that the trigger is pressed. This will move the gun off line quite a bit and will effect the shot dramatically. Post-ignition push (or flinch) occurs after the firearm has discharged. This can either move the gun fractionally or move the impact point of the bullet slightly if it occurs too soon during the recoil cycle, (about an inch or less at seven yards) typically down.

Overcoming the flinch response: "Let recoil happen!"

I agree Gunslingingranny. I will not own a gun because of the chances that your not racked out of your brain shaking with fear to keep a straight shot, and miss. Besides... It kills. I couldn't imagine anybody with love in their heart being able to keep a straight shot...jmo
with a shotgun you don't have to be a great shot. And anyone with half a brain would get the heck out of Dodge when they heard a round being chambered. No I am not suggesting NO used a shotgun.

My point is CW removed himself from the situation/argument, rather than staying & engaging in whatever NO chose to do. He walked away. Jmo

According to him, in MSM, agreed. No corroboration to date that he did so or stayed away all night, etc.

Not a proven fact--I understand it is your opinion. Just clarifying.

It wouldn't be good enough for most juries nor LE until thoroughly looked into, in any case. And that is just my opinion.

I find it interesting both of her parents died at a young age. One at 43 and one at 33. I also found where NO mother had placed a restraining order on her father during their divorce.

Click here for court documents>>Search Results
Rick Carl Olsen
BIRTH 20 Dec 1955
Contra Costa County, California, USA
DEATH 23 Dec 1988 (aged 33)
Bexar County, Texas, USA
BURIAL Cremated
MEMORIAL ID 195975946 · View Source
McCherryl Fennell
BIRTH 14 Dec 1958
DEATH 26 Dec 2001 (aged 43)
BURIAL
Garden of Memories Cemetery
Seguin, Guadalupe County, Texas, USA
MEMORIAL ID 178723559 · View Source

So her parents divorced while NO was young - her father died right before Christmas when NO was 7?

NO’s first child was born when she was 15, then she got married at 17 and it only lasted 11 months. Second marriage two years later in November 2001 and her mother dies the next month, the day after Christmas.
Alexa born in Hawaii in 2002.

A lot going on in her life!

I was a young mom and all of my friends were single with no children - my parents were my lifeline.

I do wonder if the youngest took so long to be identified due to disfigurement. I understand waiting for next of kin can delay, but it took days.

During a sheriff's press conference a reporter asked the Sheriff why the 10 year old had still not been identified and this is how the sheriff responded:

"We believe we know who this young lady is. We have spoken to all the families involved. We have different next of kin for every one of these three decedents. We have spoken to who we believe is her next of kin based upon the identity we believe it is. The reason no positive identification has been made by the Medical Examiner is because she has no fingerprints on file because of her age. So they are looking at dental records. Even though we are fairly certain we have to make sure it is completely right. So we are waiting until such a time that the medical examiner positively ids her before giving her name."

Bexar County Sheriff's Office

I am always very interested in suicides, because I have worked with so many people who attempted suicide, and failed. It is actually pretty hard to kill yourself, even with a gun. People often flinch, move, and discharge the weapon near their heads. Resulting in often brain damage, TBI, blindness, hearing loss.

Taking medication with alcohol is another way people attempt suicide, and "failure" with this method can result in paralysis, kidney damage.

There are many ways people attempt suicide, and it is amazing to me, how many people survive the attempt. Having seen the results of "attempted suicide", I myself would never even consider it. I wish there was more education available about potential side effects of suicide attempts. Perhaps this would be an effective deterrent.

LE has had ample time to check out the boyfriends story by now. If his cell phone records, corroborating witness, and camera log of his coming and going didn't all match up I think he would be under arrest by now.

Then they would share it and clear him also with your same theory.

Even with how this may come back (cell phone, witness, cameras), unless they have a more specific time of death, it may tell nothing definitively. Without a few things put together, either way will possibly still not have a definitive answer.

I find it interesting both of her parents died at a young age. One at 43 and one at 33. I also found where NO mother had placed a restraining order on her father during their divorce.

Click here for court documents>>Search Results
Rick Carl Olsen
BIRTH 20 Dec 1955
Contra Costa County, California, USA
DEATH 23 Dec 1988 (aged 33)
Bexar County, Texas, USA
BURIAL Cremated
MEMORIAL ID 195975946 · View Source
McCherryl Fennell
BIRTH 14 Dec 1958
DEATH 26 Dec 2001 (aged 43)
BURIAL
Garden of Memories Cemetery
Seguin, Guadalupe County, Texas, USA
MEMORIAL ID 178723559 · View Source

family dysfunction is often cyclic with subsequent generations repeating the behaviors. Thanks for the link.

JMO

family dysfunction is often cyclic with subsequent generations repeating the behaviors. Thanks for the link.

JMO

We should add to that families that appear to have no dysfunction often hide the worst of it. Only the "perfection" is allowed to show.

Often those that have gone through things and struggled and had some adversity in life are the most determined to change that.

As my momma used to say, in hindsight, a little adversity never hurt anyone... It makes one stronger...

Hard to say, could apply either way like all could. Sigh...

Then they would share it and clear him also with your same theory.

Even with how this may come back (cell phone, witness, cameras), unless they have a more specific time of death, it may tell nothing definitively. Without a few things put together, either way will possibly still not have a definitive answer.
I think the bar for clearing someone is much higher than for arresting someone in this case. Let me refine my previous statement: LE has had ample time to check his story and have not been able to catch him in any substantial inconsistencies that would make it likely or possible for him to have done this. If they has he would be under arrest by now. They may gather other evidence that is not in his story at some later time. That is what I mean about the bar being higher for clearing him.

I think the bar for clearing someone is much higher than for arresting someone in this case. Let me refine my previous statement: LE has had ample time to check his story and have not been able to catch him in any substantial inconsistencies that would make it likely or possible for him to have done this. If they has he would be under arrest by now. They may gather other evidence that is not in his story at some later time. That is what I mean about the bar being higher for clearing him.

I actually do not disagree with you and did not intend it as a disagreement. I do disagree with being under arrest by now just because it often does not happen until they have everything they can obtain. There are departments that do not bow to media or public that get every last possible thing before they arrest--depending on the situation. If the public was in severe danger, one would hope not but just to arrest for instance on a cell phone record or some such, with his lawyers, is not going to be enough. Maybe until bail a few days later... On some lesser charge...

Before I get attacked by anyone, I am not saying he did it. Just that not being arrested does not mean anything either.

Actually, we agree. I apologize if I was not clear on that either. I do disagree he would be under arrest if just an alibi did not check out...

I actually do not disagree with you and did not intend it as a disagreement. I do disagree with being under arrest by now just because it often does not happen until they have everything they can obtain. There are departments that do not bow to media or public that get every last possible thing before they arrest--depending on the situation. If the public was in severe danger, one would hope not but just to arrest for instance on a cell phone record or some such, with his lawyers, is not going to be enough. Maybe until bail a few days later... On some lesser charge...

Before I get attacked by anyone, I am not saying he did it. Just that not being arrested does not mean anything either.

Actually, we agree. I apologize if I was not clear on that either. I do disagree he would be under arrest if just an alibi did not check out...

It would be enough though to question further...

I have aske this same question here and got no response. I could only find it described as a “gunshot to the head and neck injury.” Is that, “injury caused by gunshot to the head + gunshot to the neck?” Or “gunshot to the head + neck injury?” (As in strangulation or blunt force.). I still don’t know. If anyone has a MSM link specifying two gunshots in youngest daughter’s case, please share. Thanks.

It seems like any which way it was someone who took all 3 down without any major issues. Or she did and then herself, no hesitation and very succesful. I am no expert, have stated as much. But the fact I am not, makes me think what are the odds I could do that and have such success? After one person shot, who knows, we were not in the situation, but I would think the other two or one would be cowering or running, etc. By the third for sure.

Strikes me more like someone familiar with a gun but no expert.

I think or hope I am allowed to discuss it though.

After one person shot, who knows, we were not in the situation, but I would think the other two or one would be cowering or running, etc. By the third for sure. Strikes me more like someone familiar with a gun but no expert.

We do not know the details of the shootings. IE things like toxicology (girls could have been drugged) and range of shots (could have been close range.)

New tests: Even inexperienced shooters can be fast, accurate when shooting cops
“We’ve now established that even unskilled offenders, to the shock of everyone involved in these tests, are capable of much faster and more accurate shooting at close range than previously believed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme