TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & 2 daughters, found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 13 and still LE have not declared it a MS <modsnip: rude and personalizing>

<modsnip: against TOS to discuss moderation / removed posts>

So back to my original comments. I said that it is a game changer because as the FBI was asked to get involved by the LE and the FBI get involved if they have to :

Retrieve deleted phone records/messages
Retrieve deleted surveillance records
GPS forensics
Computer forensics
Financial crime was involved

I don't care how anyone spins it here but facts point to LE having seen something and CW's accounts of the night do not add up.

Looks like the killer had at least 10 hours to set up the suicide scene. Not hard to do if you have the time.

Oh and no alibi for CW not surprised in the least. Sure one can hire the best defense attorney who make sound bites to the press and attack since we know it's the best form of defense but not all of us fall for that attorney defense strategy.

Also ME's hurried and incomplete results are bs because they cant declare suicide if the results for gunpowder residue Just like LE can't declare it a MS if they have not checked CW accounts and records such as cameras, gps, phone, alibis.

Like I said i will be shocked if this case concludes as a MS - yes VERY SHOCKED!

Lets wait and see.....

Last edited by a moderator:
If there is evidence to the contrary of innocence or would lead LE to consider cw a suspect arrest him! If not innocent until proven guilty. CWs name is bantered all over social media. If he did this he needs to be locked away for life! Until there is evidence there is the presumption that he in innocent. At this juncture I do believe there is no evidence against CW or he would be arrested .

Life is not fair. In the south we used to say, if you lay with pigs, you'll get muddy. There are consequences in life to all the things we do, and sadly, all people in this case may have suffered terrible consequences due to lack of sound judgement. Or some sad mistakes. If they don't have the evidence to arrest CW, they can't. But by the definition of POI, anyone close to this case without a strong alibi, would be one.

CWs reputation will always be in question after all this no matter what the outcome!

Exactly and I am sure CWs attorney is paying close attention as they should.

Even if they finally clear him some will still think he is guilty anyway simply because he happpened to be this woman's boyfriend.

Some already believe the ME is wrong even though the ME has the experience and has no skin in the game one way or the other.

It seems it's far easier to blame the male even though mothers murdering their own children and committing or unsuccessfully trying to commit suicide is not new by any means.

She was the one who was losing her wealthy lifestyle.. not him. The home belonged to him so what would be the motive? She wasnt making him move out where he would financially lose anything. She would be the one left to start a new life having to solely provide for her children. She wasn't leaving him. He was the one who decided the relationship wasn't working.

Imo there were far more red flags in her life showing she killed her children and then killed herself.

I have no reason to doubt the MEs findings. I do believe CW is innocent for I've seen no evidence supporting he is guilty of anything.

He has been publicly excoriated by this Sheriff and if it has caused CW to be harrassed or had death threats made against him I hope his attorney sues this Sheriff like others have done with Sheriff Israel in Florida. Even lawmen can be sued.

This Sheriff could easily have done his investigation without all the limelight and behind the scene.. Most Sheriffs do and all he had to say..if anthing.. is they are continuing to investigate...period end of comments just like most LE department heads do in so many cases.

He also could have simply said 'we are not ruling anything out or in nor anyone in or out at this time and we will let the media know the findings once we have completed the death investigation. '

I get the distinct feeling he is trying to impress someone or someones for his own personal reasons.

Jmo

Last edited:
Yes very strange for him to say that, especially bc even just a family member saying, “yes he was here with me all night,” should be considered “corroborating evidence” of an alibi (granted, weak evidence that I would never want to be forced to rely on). But it’s still “evidence” that he wasn’t at his home, right? And if he didn’t have at LEAST that, IMO he would have been named a suspect by now, if not arrested. I also assume, since he’s been said to be “highly cooperative,” that he’s also allowed them to look at his cell phone, surveillance cameras (if they exist), etc.(we know for sure he let them take his truck the day of). So my assumption is that what Sheriff meant was that he didn’t have any “independent evidence” (for lack of a better term) to verify the alibi yet? i.e. The forensic search results from his cell phone, etc. haven’t been completed yet. Because he also mentioned in one of his first press conferences that text messages can be “doctored.” So forensically (and quickly) searching all of the devices they have is what I assume the FBI will be primarily assisting with based on Sheriff’s comments in his interview this AM. It’s all very confusing and the public (and the families of NO and CW) shouldn’t be sitting around trying to decipher and guess what Sheriff is actually saying. I really wish he would stop commenting in the media until he has “some evidence” to share. Because right now it all just seems so disingenuous. Again, all IMO, MOO, etc.

<modsnip: rude> Firstly, the LE are not going to arrest someone in a hurry. I have seen MANY cases where they know X committed a murder but LE take their time. By time I mean months to collect all the data and build their case. Only time they are going to rush and arrest someone is if that person is a threat and even then they usually try and find some other form of prior offence to keep the suspect locked up while they are building their case.

Right now, looks like they have something and the know they are going up against a wealthy and connected family. You want to get all you facts especially if your <modsnip> ME came up with the MS theory without checking all the facts.

This Sheriff reminds of Sheriff Israel in Florida.

He was way more interested in making a name for himself than ever doing his job. He no longer has his job.

If this one is doing the same for his own personal or political gain he too needs to be removed from that position.

Imo

Completely agree. I know I can be cynical, but I just hope the sheriff is not using this case to, shall we say, add another feather in his cap?? JMO

<modsnip: rude> Firstly, the LE are not going to arrest someone in a hurry. I have seen MANY cases where they know X committed a murder but take LE take their time by time I mean months to collect all the data and build their case. Only time they are going to rush and arrest someone is if they are a threat and even then they usually try and find some other form of prior offence to keep the suspect locked up while they are building their case.

Right now, looks like they have something and the know they are going up against a wealthy and connected family. You want to get all you facts especially if your <modsnip> ME came up with the MS theory without checking all the facts.
Of course LE should take their time and triple and quadruple check every detail of this case. Eventually the truth will be known. I don't agree that it is easy to stage a suicide and then claim you were somewhere else. The digital trail would give you away. There have to be cameras all over that gated community that would catch you coming and going. If he was there, he will be found out. The Sheriff might also be motivated by other factors, like getting re-elected or a grudge against this family.

This Sheriff reminds of Sheriff Israel in Florida.

He was way more interested in making a name for himself than ever doing his job. He no longer has his job.

If this one is doing the same for his own personal or political gain he too needs to be removed from that position.

Imo

<modsnip: snark>Another reason is if its a Homicide which it looks like IMO. It puts the heat on the killer and their fake alibis. That is a common strategy, put the heat on by making the case very public and let them know that you are coming for them. Always works gets suspects nervous and talking. Won't be surprised if there are wire taps etc.

It is an ongoing case and he has to talk about the progress.
I tell you what he has to do: get off the mic, tell the Daily Mail he is busy and DO HIS JOB. How about calling the ME? Or following facts instead of spreading theories?

Never have I followed a case here where the Sheriff babbled away like this.

She was the one who was losing her wealthy lifestyle.. not him. The home belonged to him so what would be the motive? She wasnt making him move out where he would financially lose anything. She would be the one left to start a new life having to solely provide for her children. She wasn't leaving him. He was the one who decided the relationship wasn't working.

Is there a link to support that he was ending the relationship and had asked her to move out?

<modsnip: rude> Firstly, the LE are not going to arrest someone in a hurry. I have seen MANY cases where they know X committed a murder but LE take their time. By time I mean months to collect all the data and build their case. Only time they are going to rush and arrest someone is if that person is a threat and even then they usually try and find some other form of prior offence to keep the suspect locked up while they are building their case.

I can’t personally think of any case where LE knowingly let a murderer remain free when there was PC to arrest, just so they could continue to build their case. They can do that while he sits in jail. But I’ll take your word that it’s happened (idk about MANY times though). Based on this logic, you’re saying you wouldn’t consider someone that murdered a mother and 2 children “a threat”? And considering his wealth, I’d also consider him a flight risk. If LE thinks he did it, and they have enough evidence for PC to arrest, I think he’s exactly the type of person you wouldn’t want to leave on the streets while you gather additional evidence. Especially with the public in such a tizzy. JMO. PC to arrest is a pretty low standard, and I think an alibi that wasn’t checking out whatsoever (which is how Sheriff made it sound) plus the other surrounding circumstances that made everyone suspicious from the beginning, plus the insistence of abuse by friends, would give them PC. MOO.

Yes, far easier to blame the male, based on statistics alone (in 2017, 11,862 murder offenders in the U.S. were male, 3,222 female).

Those are cases where the facts/evidence were already known . Stats dont mean anything in the grand scheme of things to individuals.

Thankfully we dont go around arresting anyone based on what others of the same gender may have done.

The statistics of stranger home invasions and kidnapping are said to be rare too but the statistics didnt change the fact that Jayme Closs was kidnapped and her parents murdered in cold blood by a total stranger.

It didnt stop the stranger intruder in Texas either who murdered 4 victims.

As I said statistics only apply to specific individuals and not everyone.

That's painting way too much with a wide brush for me.

Statistics only apply to the individuals in the recorded data.

Yes males do kill many more males each year than they do kill females.

I'd rather wait on actual supporting evidence of his guilt rather than automatically putting him into some premature statistical box finding him guilty based on gender alone.

Imo

Last edited:
I can’t personally think of any case where LE knowingly let a murderer remain free when there was PC to arrest, just so they could continue to build their case. They can do that while he sits in jail. But I’ll take your word that it’s happened (idk about MANY times though). Based on this logic, you’re saying you wouldn’t consider someone that murdered a mother and 2 children “a threat”? And considering his wealth, I’d also consider him a flight risk. If LE thinks he did it, and they have enough evidence for PC to arrest, I think he’s exactly the type of person you wouldn’t want to leave on the streets while you gather additional evidence. Especially with the public in such a tizzy. JMO. PC to arrest is a pretty low standard, and I think an alibi that wasn’t checking out whatsoever (which is how Sheriff made it sound) plus the other surrounding circumstances that made everyone suspicious from the beginning, plus the insistence of abuse by friends, would give them PC. MOO.

Very good points, I hadn't even thought about looking at the potential flight risk!

Since the ME is stating this was murder suicide and some here would rather go by statistical averages what are they when it comes to female suicides?

I think it would be enlightening to see the statisticss on how many females attempt suicide every year even if they weren't successful.

Jmo

The sheriff has made such a hash of this...unless he is removed from sight, or even from the case, no one will ever believe an outcome of murder/suicide even if that is exactly what happened.

I wonder if the BF could file a suit against him down the line...personal suit, for slander or libel etc if he can never be cleared. Probably not but good grief, it seems unfair...if as I believe he had nothing to do with these deaths. Jmo

Of course LE should take their time and triple and quadruple check every detail of this case. Eventually the truth will be known. I don't agree that it is easy to stage a suicide and then claim you were somewhere else. The digital trail would give you away. There have to be cameras all over that gated community that would catch you coming and going. If he was there, he will be found out. The Sheriff might also be motivated by other factors, like getting re-elected or a grudge against this family.

Of course its not easy - that's why the LE have not ruled it a MS. You can fool the ME like they have been fooled thousands of times but you cant fool cameras, gps, deleted messages etc. This is why we have the FBI invovled. You don't call the FBI in if you think ME is right.

As for you assertions that the sheriff might be motivated by other factors well if you think the sheriff is a sociopath who is happy to use this case to bolster his career than I guess we could say the same thing about every person in public office who is coming up for reelection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member