TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & 2 daughters, found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I calculated like this:

Probability of one parent dead the same month (s)he is born: 0.69%

Probability of both parents dead the same month they are born, 0.69 x 0.69: 0.0048%

But, you are absolutely right. 100% probability of dying for mortals. :p
Haha we are going to drive everyone off this thread, if we keep going. But just to clarify...

I do not account for the chance of a parent being born in December. The theory of 'coincidence' would be the same if they were born and died in January. So one fewer 1/12 for each.

I do not account for the chance for both parents being born the same month. They might have met and even fallen for each other because of that! So that would not be entirely by chance.

If that makes any sense....:p

The few people who refuse to accept the 30-year-experienced, double board-certified, physician medical examiner's conclusion can purchase a copy of Nichol's and her daughters' autopsy reports here:
View attachment 166287

Good grief, is this normal in the US that anyone can pay and receive autopsy reports or dependent on county / state? I am not from the US and here no-one can access documents unless they have an appropriate interest in the information and this is vetted and requires proof.

It seems such an invasion of privacy, a last defilement of the person that strangers can read about their physical attributes and I am guessing their last moments.

Good grief, is this normal in the US that anyone can pay and receive autopsy reports or dependent on county / state? I am not from the US and here no-one can access documents unless they have an appropriate interest in the information and this is vetted and requires proof.

It seems such an invasion of privacy, a last defilement of the person that strangers can read about their physical attributes and I am guessing their last moments.
I am guessing I am from where you're from :)

I doubt it is that easy. Otherwise Daily Mail would have got it and splashed the *advertiser censored* details all over the net.

Edit- should really say the graphic details

I consider the "last defilement" to be the murder of two innocent children.

JMO

I am guessing I am from where you're from :)

I doubt it is that easy. Otherwise Daily Mail would have got it and splashed the juicy details all over the net.

I went to the site that was in the post and seriously, it really does seem that easy. It is regarded as a public record so you can just post a request or just drop on by and hey it's yours for a small amount of money.

Probably, :)

We’ve been back and forth with every point, so I have forgotten a few basic, but critical points.

Was gun residue found on NO?

Where was the gun found in relation to NO’s body? A place close enough that she could have shot and killed herself? Or, could that have been a staged event IF there was a third person around? TIA.

Probably won't release until they get toxicology reports. I would like to know if medical examiners office came to the scene. I would think they would be the ones to release the house back to CW.
I can't imagine an investigator with the medical examiners office would not go to the scene of three fatalities in a county with 2 million residents. I'm confident Texas rules of criminal procedure requires such a visit to a crime scene.

The crime lab is also huge and also independent from the Sheriff's office.
JMO

Controlling Authority
The Crime Laboratory is currently part of Judicial Services of Bexar County. Through an Executive Director, the Crime Laboratory Director is directly responsible to Bexar County Commissioners Court. This unique arrangement places the Bexar County Crime Laboratory outside the direct influence of its customer base, law enforcement agencies.

Bexar County Medical Examiner's Office and Toxicology Laboratory

About Us | Bexar County, TX - Official Website

Here's everything we know about the Anaqua Springs triple shooting

JANUARY 28, 2019, 4:53 PM

ETA: “[SBM]

The Bexar County Medical Examiner's office has ruled Olsen's death a suicide and the two young girls' deaths homicides.

‘The fact that Nichol Olsen's death, right now, has been ruled a suicide, we can't just say that, 'Oh, well then she must've been the one who did this to these two little girls,'" Salazar said. ‘We still have to go out and find out who it was that killed these two young ladies."

On Jan. 22, Salazar announced the FBI would join in the investigation into the deaths.

Here's everything we know about the case so far...

[SBM]

Salazar said the trio was discovered by Olsen's boyfriend that morning [Jan. 10th]. According to the sheriff, the boyfriend had stayed somewhere else the night before. Authorities said that the boyfriend was cooperating with authorities and that he was ‘understandably upset" about their deaths.

‘We talked about cellphone tower technology -- that's going to go a long way in showing, at least, where his cellphone and then GPS on his vehicle -- it'll tell us where those two items were, and then we'll have to continue investigating to see if he was in possession of those two items."

[SBM]

Why isn’t KSAT naming the boyfriend?
Authorities said he is not a suspect in the case and that while he is a person of interest, there are multiple persons of interest. Additionally, he is not charged with any crime.

[SBM]

Friends tell KSAT that Olsen was a hairdresser who loved her children. Many are skeptical that their friend would kill her two children, let alone herself.

[SBM]

[London] Bribiescas was the last to be identified by the medical examiner's office as they were awaiting a confirmation of identity through dental records.

[SBM]

According to the Bexar County Medical Examiner, both Olsen and Montez died from a single gunshot wound to the head. Bribiescas died from a gunshot wound to the neck and head, the medical examiner said.

The sheriff said investigators are working to determine who killed the two children.

[SBM]

On Jan. 22, the Sheriff's Office announced the FBI would be assisting in their investigation into the girls' deaths.

[SBM]

BCSO investigators met with FBI officials on Friday and shared their investigative materials with the agency, the sheriff said Monday. Additionally, the sheriff said the FBI is an equal partner in the investigation.

‘My understanding is they're combing through that evidence and getting it to whatever experts they deem are the right experts to look at it, and then they're going to get back with us at a certain point and we'll proceed together,’ Salazar said.

Salazar said investigators are reviewing neighbors' surveillance video, gunshot residue evidence, social media accounts for all involved, cellphone records, text messages and more.

Salazar told KTSA that investigators are also looking into technology in the home, including voice-activated home assistant devices.

On Monday, the sheriff said there was no new information to share about the triple shooting, or what investigators have learned so far.
“ (BBM: Things I wasn’t aware of before.)

Last edited:
I consider the "last defilement" to be the murder of two innocent children.

JMO

In addition, I thought that HIPPA law actually covers people after death. This is releasing protected health information. Should only be released with signature form next of kin...that is standard for hospitals, .maybe an autopsy is different...
Health Information of Deceased Individuals

Last edited:
I find it interesting both of her parents died at a young age. One at 43 and one at 33. I also found where NO mother had placed a restraining order on her father during their divorce.

Click here for court documents>>Search Results
Rick Carl Olsen
BIRTH 20 Dec 1955
Contra Costa County, California, USA
DEATH 23 Dec 1988 (aged 33)
Bexar County, Texas, USA
BURIAL Cremated
MEMORIAL ID 195975946 · View Source
McCherryl Fennell
BIRTH 14 Dec 1958
DEATH 26 Dec 2001 (aged 43)
BURIAL
Garden of Memories Cemetery
Seguin, Guadalupe County, Texas, USA
MEMORIAL ID 178723559 · View Source

I haven’t caught up to the end of the thread so if this has already been addressed then just ignore me. But in many states there is an automatic restraining order issued on behalf of the petitioner on the respondent. So even if they had an amicable divorce it’s possibe a restraining order was issued.

Here's everything we know about the Anaqua Springs triple shooting

JANUARY 28, 2019, 4:53 PM

ETA: “[SBM]

The Bexar County Medical Examiner's office has ruled Olsen's death a suicide and the two young girls' deaths homicides.

‘The fact that Nichol Olsen's death, right now, has been ruled a suicide, we can't just say that, 'Oh, well then she must've been the one who did this to these two little girls,'" Salazar said. ‘We still have to go out and find out who it was that killed these two young ladies."

On Jan. 22, Salazar announced the FBI would join in the investigation into the deaths.

Here's everything we know about the case so far...

[SBM]

Salazar said the trio was discovered by Olsen's boyfriend that morning [Jan. 10th]. According to the sheriff, the boyfriend had stayed somewhere else the night before. Authorities said that the boyfriend was cooperating with authorities and that he was ‘understandably upset" about their deaths.

‘We talked about cellphone tower technology -- that's going to go a long way in showing, at least, where his cellphone and then GPS on his vehicle -- it'll tell us where those two items were, and then we'll have to continue investigating to see if he was in possession of those two items."

[SBM]

Why isn’t KSAT naming the boyfriend?
Authorities said he is not a suspect in the case and that while he is a person of interest, there are multiple persons of interest. Additionally, he is not charged with any crime.

[SBM]

Friends tell KSAT that Olsen was a hairdresser who loved her children. Many are skeptical that their friend would kill her two children, let alone herself.

[SBM]

[London] Bribiescas was the last to be identified by the medical examiner's office as they were awaiting a confirmation of identity through dental records.

[SBM]

According to the Bexar County Medical Examiner, both Olsen and Montez died from a single gunshot wound to the head. Bribiescas died from a gunshot wound to the neck and head, the medical examiner said.

The sheriff said investigators are working to determine who killed the two children.

[SBM]

On Jan. 22, the Sheriff's Office announced the FBI would be assisting in their investigation into the girls' deaths.

[SBM]

BCSO investigators met with FBI officials on Friday and shared their investigative materials with the agency, the sheriff said Monday. Additionally, the sheriff said the FBI is an equal partner in the investigation.

‘My understanding is they're combing through that evidence and getting it to whatever experts they deem are the right experts to look at it, and then they're going to get back with us at a certain point and we'll proceed together,’ Salazar said.

Salazar said investigators are reviewing neighbors' surveillance video, gunshot residue evidence, social media accounts for all involved, cellphone records, text messages and more.

Salazar told KTSA that investigators are also looking into technology in the home, including voice-activated home assistant devices.

On Monday, the sheriff said there was no new information to share about the triple shooting, or what investigators have learned so far.
“ (BBM: Things I wasn’t aware of before.)
HUGE thumbs up to you, inmyhumbleopinion! Great summary. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme