TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & 2 daughters, found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Would someone read this and let me know if you think the Sheriff's blaming this guy for not solving this case?

I find it hard to believe two years would go by without the Sheriff getting regular updates on this case, providing oversight and change of investigative personnel if needed along the way.

This sheriff's office has been embroiled in controversy (see below link) since I started reading about this case two years ago. I think he has been getting a lot of heat and it sounds to me like he's deflecting MOO.

'The worst-run jail in the state of Texas' | Bexar Co. deputies' union says poor staffing is having a negative impact; sheriff responds | kens5.com

I wonder why her behavior was erratic and escalating?

And by whose measure is that description being made? A case of “ you know it when you see it” determination?

(Though I’m pretty sure my thinking that several relationships resulting in children of different parentage seems erratic behavior is not the thinking of most people.)

So, London's father has been saying that he doesn't believe Nichol would hurt their daughters for two years, but know he's claiming that CW was supposed to have known Nichol was going to murder her two daughters and then commit suicide? Seriously? No money is going to bring London back. If it was a murder-suicide, then it was not CW's fault.

London's Father's Petition?
So, London's father has been saying that he doesn't believe Nichol would hurt their daughters for two years, but know he's claiming that CW was supposed to have known Nichol was going to murder her two daughters and then commit suicide? Seriously? No money is going to bring London back. If it was a murder-suicide, then it was not CW's fault.
@Lusitana bbm Thx for your post. I do not know about the bbm.

If London's Father now alleges Wheeler the BF should have known about Olsen's danger to self and others (which the petition may allege), then I wonder:
1. If back in Jan 2019 Father knew about the danger he now says Olsen presented to self and others then?
2. If back in Jan 2019, Father took any action to prevent this ^ ?

That's why I asked if anyone had link to petition. TiA.

Does London's Father's petition allege:
1. Wheeler's acts (shooting) caused deaths of Olsen & dau London (& maybe other dau)?
Or
2. Wheeler knew or should should have known of Olsen's danger to self & others, and by his failure to act (failed to prevent Olsen's access to guns, weapons), that his negligence allowed Olsen to shoot & kill, caused their deaths?

Anyone?

1. Wheeler's acts (shooting) caused deaths of Olsen & dau London (& maybe other dau)?
Or
2. Wheeler knew or should should have known of Olsen's danger to self & others, and by his failure to act (failed to prevent Olsen's access to guns, weapons), that his negligence allowed Olsen to shoot & kill, caused their deaths?

Anyone?

I dont know the answer, but IMO. it would be hard to prove either one...

Or

Anyone?

Unless they had access to previous communications between CW and Nichol that showed clear evidence of harm to self, others or erratic thoughts.

Or

Anyone?
According to the paywalled article, he seems to allege 2.

There are more details. Best to look for that civil petition. It was lodged last Friday in Bexar County. It asks for a jury trial as well.

I think dad is forcing all the evidence to be disclosed and examined in court. Don't know how he knows what he alleges in the petition though.

I am not in America so it should be easier for someone else to look up more :)

I dont know the answer, but IMO. it would be hard to prove either one...
@Quiet Time Agreeing w your post, either way, hard to prove.
But I'm wondering whether 2. Wheeler's failure to act would be deemed legally sufficient causation for WD liability.

2. Wheeler knew or should should have known of Olsen's danger to self & others, and by his failure to act (failed to prevent Olsen's access to guns, weapons), that his negligence allowed Olsen to shoot & kill, caused their deaths.

But, how would he know? CW
Was she threatening to kill herself, and her girls in front of him?
Was it a threat she continually made, that the children were over hearing and telling their father(s)?

Idk......still thinking this thru.

Curious how they're relationship had been the last 6mos or so.

But, how would he know? CW
Was she threatening to kill herself, and her girls in front of him?
Was it a threat she continually made, that the children were over hearing and telling their father(s)?

Idk......still thinking this thru.

Curious how they're relationship had been the last 6mos or so.
I had a family member threaten to stab me one day, I called the police, the police told me;
“We cannot do anything on a threat, the person has to act violently toward you for the person to get a psyc evaluation;
I was very concerned after working many years as a psychiatric nurse... Law enforcement was not concerned at all...
Based on this, and her boyfriend being away that night; I do not see how her boyfriend can be responsible:
Her son, might be more knowledgeable about his mother’s mental health history, and past psychiatric records...
Especially in multiple relationships, over the years, with multiple children, history is essential; boyfriend might not have known her history, if one exists...

Last edited:
Did we ever hear if there were any drugs or alcohol in her system? I can’t remember.

We know there was an argument and her bf left for the night.

Now we hear about a possible paternity issue brought up hours before and London’s dad saying she did nothing wrong. The dad has a civil suit against the bf because he knew she was behaving erratically and escalating, but left her there with a gun accessible to her anyway. Was she fighting with the girls? Maybe about the paternity issue?

I’m trying to connect the dots with what we know, but it sounds like a very volatile situation that obviously ended in the worst way possible. :(

Unless they had access to previous communications between CW and Nichol that showed clear evidence of harm to self, others or erratic thoughts.
@MimosaMornings Thx for your post. Yes, possible that Olsen had explicitly threatened to harm self and/or dau's, made directly to Wheeler (not saying she did, just a possibility.) Or thru another person. Or by e-mails, texts, DMs. etc.

W 20-20 hindsight, easy to say a person should have foreseen danger based on her actions. And then we are back at the issue of the kind of evd would tend to prove that. We just do not know much as fact. my2cts.
Sad, sad. sad.

@MimosaMornings Thx for your post. Yes, possible that Olsen had explicitly threatened to harm self and/or dau's, made directly to Wheeler (not saying she did, just a possibility.) Or thru another person. Or by e-mails, texts, DMs. etc.

W 20-20 hindsight, easy to say a person should have foreseen danger based on her actions. And then we are back at the issue of the kind of evd would tend to prove that. We just do not know much as fact. my2cts.
Sad, sad. sad.
Yeah we are missing some facts for sure. With the new info I am more inclined to believe this was indeed a m/s, but still we don’t know enough to be certain.

The civil suit against the bf could be one of two things IMO.

1) The dad really thinks the bf is negligent for leaving. Maybe there were other situations that had occurred and maybe her dangerous/erratic behavior was known to all of them. He believes the bf is responsible in that way for his daughter’s death.

OR

2) The dad thinks the bf did it but there is not enough evidence to prove in a criminal court so he’s doing next best thing and taking him to civil court for being “indirectly” responsible. ( Like how Ron Goldman’s family sued OJ after he was acquitted in criminal court.)

Wheeler’s attorney, Therese Huntzinger, is representing him for the Bexar County Sheriff’s Office investigation, but not the civil suit.

“I feel like I was reading some chapter out of some made-up fiction crime story,” Huntzinger said. “You can say whatever you need to say in a civil lawsuit and none of that has to be true. There’s no proof of anything that’s in there.”

In November, Salazar announced his intention for the case to close by the end of 2020. However, it was eventually sent back to investigators.

The Bribiescas family's attorney, Joseph Hoelscher, sent KENS 5 a lengthy statement about BCSO’s handling of the case and the recently filed suit. He said, in part:

“We cannot rely on BCSO for answers into why this tragedy happened. We have no choice but to believe Salazar when he says multiple people have failed to properly investigate and that BCSO is treating their investigation as a cold case. We have called upon Salazar to involve independent investigators from the FBI without response.
New lawsuit in Anaqua Springs case blames ex-boyfriend for deaths | kens5.com

Honestly, the change of the narrative on London’s father part is bothering me.

Everyone, including both fathers of both girls have been claiming firmly that Nichol would NEVER hurt her daughters or herself. Both fathers have stated that Nichol doted on those girls. And, to be fair, it looks like that’s the truth. Nichol seemed to have a pretty close relationship with all of her children, including her adult son.

London had an audition I believe to America’s Got Talent either the following or in the next couple of days. Nichol had work appointments set up.

Whatever happened wasn’t premeditated and that’s pretty clear. Was it really CW’s gun that was used, or are they just guessing that?

I’m guessing that wasn’t the only gun in the house. It’s Texas. So, how does London’s father now which gun it was and where it used to be stored?

Both fathers wanted this case to be fully investigated because they didn’t feel like the mother did it. And then, London’s father decides that he wants the case closed because he wants to sue CW. And then, paternity questions come out of nowhere and weird statements about London not doing “anything wrong” are made by the lawyer representing him.

This doesn’t sound like a father wanting justice. It sounds like a money grab and I don’t like it. If Nichol did it, it’s not CW’s fault. He’s not a Saint, but if he didn’t do it, then he needs to be left alone.

It just seems ironic how so many families fight for cases to not be closed and this father is asking for his murdered daughter’s case to be closed. That doesn’t sound right to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEnd
Back