TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & 2 daughters, found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
TX, Child Access to Firearms?
@Backstroke10 sbm I snipped summary in ^ post to provide actual language of TX law, which is more definitive about loaded gun and "secure."
"Sec. 46.13. MAKING A FIREARM ACCESSIBLE TO A CHILD.
(a) In this section:
(1) "Child" means a person younger than 17 years of age.
(2) "Readily dischargeable firearm" means a firearm that is loaded with ammunition, whether or not a round is in the chamber.
(3) "Secure" means to take steps that a reasonable person would take to prevent the access to a readily dischargeable firearm by a child, including but not limited to placing a firearm in a locked container or temporarily rendering the firearm inoperable by a trigger lock or other means.

(b) A person commits an offense if a child gains access to a readily dischargeable firearm and the person with criminal negligence:
(1) failed to secure the firearm; or
(2) left the firearm in a place to which the person knew or should have known the child would gain access...."
PENAL CODE CHAPTER 46. WEAPONS

This TX statute also addresses Defense against Prosecution, & Class of Misdemeanor. See link.
Thanks al66pine for providing this detailed information. I didn’t even know TX had a CAP law until I searched it tonight.

idk, I don’t personally own guns, but I know where my boss keeps his guns. I also know where my best friend keeps her gun. I assume in a state like TX, talking about guns isn’t necessarily a gauche topic.
BBM You’re exactly right bears10. That’s what I was trying to get at in my earlier post but you said it perfectly. TY.
MOO

I'm a little confused about this scenario. If NO was carelessly throwing out "you're not her Dad" bombs to London's Dad that night. Wouldn't that set alarm bells off for him, shouldn't he have been concerned she was acting sketchy? The basis of his lawsuit against CW is - CW knew NO was in an extreme state of mind & had an accessible firearm (I think I understand that correctly). Why blame CW if he knew she was out of it that night?

Further, I swear I read a news story where London's Dad said they (NO, Dad & London) talked at about 9:30 that night about the audition and nothing seemed out of the ordinary?
BBM You’re exactly right Knox. The father said he talked to London and NO during that 18 minute call and they sounded normal, nothing out of the ordinary. :rolleyes:Not sure I believe that. MOO

BBM You’re exactly right Knox. The father said he talked to London and NO during that 18 minute call and they sounded normal, nothing out of the ordinary. :rolleyes:Not sure I believe that. MOO
And CW left around 10pm?
So there was an argument that escalated from when the father’s phone call ended at 9:40 - that’s a quick 20 minutes.
Then an hour later - 911 calls?
Something is off somewhere.

I don't want to accuse her Father of being untruthful, but the very subject seems like NO was trying to provoke a fight with him. Maybe the bigger point is this was normal behavior for NO, so he thought nothing of it? I find much of this case to be confusing, the details make no sense.

I don't want to accuse her Father of being untruthful, but the very subject seems like NO was trying to provoke a fight with him. Maybe the bigger point is this was normal behavior for NO, so he thought nothing of it? I find much of this case to be confusing, the details make no sense.

Yeah there’s no way paternity was called into question on a “normal”, “nothing to see here” type of night imo. Even if the mysterious paternity issue isn’t what sparked the fight and/or murders, that’s a pretty big issue.

@Knox Yes, maybe NO prompted the disagreement/fight w MrB. But I can also imagine the father of a dau (not saying MrB) prompting a disagreement w a Mother over an issue of dau's paternity. Just my2ct.

I'm peeved that the sheriff didn't release whether or not Nicole's dominant hand and clothing were covered in gunpowder residue. If they were heavily covered in residue (at least 3 shots occurred), case closed! If they weren't, arrest someone already!
Perfect post fitting your avatar... I want that answer too.

They have to have something that doesn’t add up. Why waste time and resources if they have nothing casting suspicion on a murder-suicide theory? But then, having both fathers pressuring to have the case closed is also extremely weird.
I'm worried that this "something" may not be case evidence, but rather is related to a specific county election.

I do believe the family was given a heads-up:

“Days after Carlos Montez Jr. lost his 16-year-old daughter in a triple shooting in a gated subdivision near Leon Springs, his grief was compounded by the way her belongings were returned.

As he and his family waited outside their residence, a moving truck pulled up and dropped off seven boxes, a garbage bag and some plastic bins containing Alexa Denice Montez’s possessions retrieved from the sprawling luxury home where she was killed.“ (BBM)
‘Pretty callous’ return of victims’ belongings stokes tensions between families after Anaqua Springs killings

I know this is late honestly with all that money they couldve sent the packaging in nice condolence style - mayb pack in white pretty boxes and packaged with care and thought. Smh

Nichol Olsen: Can car technology solve the mysterious deaths of beloved mother and her two daughters?
The Bexar County Sheriff’s Office in Texas is using technology they paid $15,000 for, that could possibly help them solve the untimely deaths of a San Antonio woman and her two young daughters.
KENS 5 reports that Salazar decided to use vehicle forensics technology called “Berla” in the Olsen case because he still has many questions about several people of interest
“So, if we can show that at around 9:29 p.m. a cell phone made a phone call, and at 9:29 this car was here as opposed to here that could yield some good information. That could either clear somebody or cement them even more as a suspect in a case.

What I can tell you in the Anaqua Springs case is that it has been able to help us establish a timeline of where persons of interest were, in relation to of what we believe to be in the time of death”.

Salazar added that are cross-referencing information they obtained from Berla with other evidence they have.

I know this is late honestly with all that money they couldve sent the packaging in nice condolence style - mayb pack in white pretty boxes and packaged with care and thought. Smh

As harsh as it sounds:
They were not dropping off a gift:
I worked both as an RN, and interior designer for the wealthy:
Generally the nursing assistants pack up clothing for family when someone passes away and family pick them up, or they get donated... in plastic bags...
The house staff, even in mansions, pack up the clothes, many owners let the staff keep what they want, and have the rest dropped off for donation... again in plastic bags...
When my late husband, and years later 26 year old son, died I placed their belongings into plastic bags and donated them as well...
Plastic bags are clean, contour to spaces, and are easy to transfer...
I have never heard of delivering boxes packed unless sending via UPS...
Find this to be an unusual request...
Doubt boyfriend, or his family, had anything to do with this packing; probably they were in shock too! IMO

RSBM.
Doubt boyfriend, or his family, had anything to do with this packing; probably they were in shock too! IMO

You're correct; it was already discussed in earlier threads and was confirmed that he hired a company to come in, pack up and deliver the personal items back to the girls' fathers. They also misspelled one of the girls' names on a box.

Many commenters were going after the boy-friend and his family for it, but the company he hired stepped up and took full responsibility for what went down.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back