TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & 2 daughters, found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
not specifically. But according to friends, his surveillance cameras were not in use. The sheriff mentioned surveillance video. That only leaves neighbors, and/or business. They watched something.
If he lives in a gated community:
I would think they have entrance and exit cameras; at all the gates, and also video cameras throughout the community, and they take licenses and license plates if they have manned security at entrance to check registered vehicles; they can only drive in with permission:
At least we have that in Florida, where I reside, so we always can check who was/is in our community 24 hours a day...

Last edited:
Suspicious <adjective> Having or showing cautious distrust towards someone or something.

In what other context are you labeling LE suspicious then?? You are essentially questioning the motives of several different LE agencies, including the FBI. My apologies if I misunderstood your intentions with that post... but I’m confused as to what you meant.

I think the poster was saying LE have suspicions (that all info not yet obtained), not that LE are acting suspiciously.

ps Welcome to WS :)

I thought CW left the house at 10pm. Why not just release the location of CWs phone when he sent the text to Justin and Alexa? He clearly was using his phone.
Right. They obviously know if he was where he was supposed to be when he was texting her brother and Alexa, so I would think it checks out or he’d be a suspect.

Well I feel bad for suspecting him, because I don’t anymore. But I think the secrecy about the details is what made it so suspicious really. I’m sure his attorneys kept everything quiet, but it just made people suspicious!

I’m not so sure I agree with these lawsuits against him. Unless she was holding a gun to someone’s head when he left, how would he ever know that was likely to happen? It’s sad all around, but I don’t think he could have known. He was clearly worried, but maybe he thought he was making her more agitated so he left. I wonder what “pills” she was taking. Yikes.

And now we have texts at 11:31pm the same night to JO, Nichol’s brother from CW.
With no answer from Nichol.
I swear the more information that's released the more confused I am. If Nichol killed herself & the girls, then why not just say it? It seems the police probably have a pretty good picture of what happened that night.
Right. They obviously know if he was where he was supposed to be when he was texting her brother and Alexa, so I would think it checks out or he’d be a suspect.

Well I feel bad for suspecting him, because I don’t anymore. But I think the secrecy about the details is what made it so suspicious really. I’m sure his attorneys kept everything quiet, but it just made people suspicious!

I’m not so sure I agree with these lawsuits against him. Unless she was holding a gun to someone’s head when he left, how would he ever know that was likely to happen? It’s sad all around, but I don’t think he could have known. He was clearly worried, but maybe he thought he was making her more agitated so he left. I wonder what “pills” she was taking. Yikes.

Right? I think LE should be able to clear up pretty quickly whether or not CW left the house like he stated so why not release that? They simply could close the case as murder/suicide but haven’t. If Charlie didn’t pull the trigger, then i don’t understand the lawsuits. I wonder if they filed the lawsuits in order to get case information because they don’t actually believe NO was the killer.

CW, Cell, Car? LE Release Info?
.... I think LE should be able to clear up pretty quickly whether or not CW left the house like he stated so why not release that? They simply could close the case as murder/suicide but haven’t...
@iamnotagolem sbm for focus. Only addressing this one point about whether CW left house at the time he told LE.
A person & cell phone can be separated for legit or criminal reasons, so LE knowing that CW's cell was at location X at a given time does not necessarily mean that CW was there too. It's possible CW & cell were in diff places; someone else may have used his cell and impersonated him. Or just used cell w no nefarious intent.

IIUC, CW's home was in a gated community, presumably w restricted access, say card readers on gates, vid cameras recording and/or employee at gates, etc.
Ditto re separating person & car. Conceivably ---
- Someone else could have driven CW's car/truck from CW's home thru gate, been recorded, as a red herring.
- Someone else could have done that w or w'out CW's cell in CW's car.
- Someone else could have done that w CW's hidden in back seat, trunk, truck bed, etc.
- CW or other person involved could have exited or entered subdivision in a car other than CW's.
- CW or other person could have exited/entered subdivision as a pedestrian (over fence?), not surv cam recorded.

Not saying CW was involved in deaths of NO & her dau's; not saying any of ^ this is true. Just possible.

LE's ability to verify CW drove his car out of subdivision at a certain time does not, in and of itself clear CW from involvement in deaths. Likely LE has verified CW's whereabouts at relevant times over a period of several hours.

LE releasing info - verification CW left home at time he stated? Why? Who would that benefit?
Seems unlikely imo to happen, at least not unless/until LE arrests someone else for these sad, sad deaths.
Just my2cts, could be wrong.

Calls from Nichol's Cell?
The two stories linked below describe the call sequence a bit diff'ly from ea other. Did I get this right?
11:09-----Call #1-----to Wheeler's Mother, no ans/connection.
11:10-----Call #2-----to 911, no ans/connection.
11:11-----Call #3-----to 911, no ans/connection.
11:11-----Call #4-----to 911, no ans/connection.
11:12-----Call #5-----to 911, connected. Presumably something was recorded by system, but LE did not release info.
And apparently no call back by 911 or an attempted call back that did not connect?

Sooo, who used Nichol's cell to make some or all calls?
Nichol? One of the dau's? Was Nichol's son there?
Acquaintance? Stranger home invader? Did LE verify Wheeler was already gone by time of calls?

Did Nichol first call Wheeler's Mom, thinking he went to Mom's place, to try to reach him? Or to talk w his Mom?
Then decide no use, so called 911?
Was 911 call made to try to alert LE --- Wheeler was danger to self or others? Or Nichol wanted to report she was danger to herself and dau's? Or a dau, to report Mom as a danger to self & dau's?
Or by Nichol or dau's, to report acquaintance or home invader was a danger?
Hang-ups by caller---voluntary or forced by someone else?
So many possibilities.

{{{ETA: @Tyra1003 post did not copy correctly here.}}}}
Calls made to 911 the night of the Anaqua Springs shooting deaths.... The first call was made to Wheeler’s mother at 11:09 p.m., which we’re told was not answered. Then four separate calls were made to 911. The first call was at 11:10 pm, followed by two calls at 11:11 p.m. A final call was made at 11:12 pm. Three of the calls did not connect, but show up on Olsen’s phone record. Only one of the calls connected to the 911 system.

....Those calls were made with Nichol’s phone!!!
.... Several sources close to the investigation told Fox San Antonio that Nichol Olsen’s phone records show the mother made five calls just after 11 p.m. on the night of the incident.
sbm for focus. Was Nichol the one calling?
I've always been suspicious of the deaths. I just could never wrap my head around the murder-suicide scenario.

CW, Cell, Car? LE Release Info?
@iamnotagolem sbm for focus. Only addressing this one point about whether CW left house at the time he told LE.
A person & cell phone can be separated for legit or criminal reasons, so LE knowing that CW's cell was at location X at a given time does not necessarily mean that CW was there too. It's possible CW & cell were in diff places; someone else may have used his cell and impersonated him. Or just used cell w no nefarious intent.

IIUC, CW's home was in a gated community, presumably w restricted access, say card readers on gates, vid cameras recording and/or employee at gates, etc.
Ditto re separating person & car. Conceivably ---
- Someone else could have driven CW's car/truck from CW's home thru gate, been recorded, as a red herring.
- Someone else could have done that w or w'out CW's cell in CW's car.
- Someone else could have done that w CW's hidden in back seat, trunk, truck bed, etc.
- CW or other person involved could have exited or entered subdivision in a car other than CW's.
- CW or other person could have exited/entered subdivision as a pedestrian (over fence?), not surv cam recorded.

Not saying CW was involved in deaths of NO & her dau's; not saying any of ^ this is true. Just possible.

LE's ability to verify CW drove his car out of subdivision at a certain time does not, in and of itself clear CW from involvement in deaths. Likely LE has verified CW's whereabouts at relevant times over a period of several hours.

LE releasing info - verification CW left home at time he stated? Why? Who would that benefit?
Seems unlikely imo to happen, at least not unless/until LE arrests someone else for these sad, sad deaths.
Just my2cts, could be wrong.

I don’t disagree. I’ve flip flopped a lot on what I think happened. He could have just as easily driven away with his phone and walked back to kill them. But this didn’t seem super planned out.

I think it doesn’t sit well as murder/suicide because shooting your kids as a mother is uncommon. Spur of the moment killing your kids by a mother is even less common. So yes there are statistical anomalies but this whole situation just seems off.

The reason I’ve seen floated for her killing the kid’s and herself is because CW was kicking them out. I just don’t see why NO would react like that, by all appearances she seemed to be doing just fine before she met CW so why would their relationship ending be the end of her world? They hadn’t been together that long.

I don’t disagree. I’ve flip flopped a lot on what I think happened. He could have just as easily driven away with his phone and walked back to kill them. But this didn’t seem super planned out.
BBM. Exactly what I was thinking and have thought all along. I also thought that he may have been kicking them out, but she refused to leave. An argument ensued...

There are too many unanswered questions.

Didn't he lawyer up right away?

JMO.

A Tipping Point?
... The reason I’ve seen floated for her killing the kid’s and herself is because CW was kicking them out. I just don’t see why NO would react like that, by all appearances she seemed to be doing just fine before she met CW so why would their relationship ending be the end of her world? They hadn’t been together that long.
@iamnotagolem sbm bbm
IIRC NO's three children, ages 10, 16, & 18ish?, ea had different fathers, w her married to two (2?) of those fathers, then NO & two dau's moved into new BF's home, had been there/in relationship less than a yr.
Not criticizing her, but does anyone think growing up --- that's ^ the personal & family path I hope for when approaching middle age.

Like you said, @iamnotagolem, termination of relationship should not be the end of the world, but who knows if she was doing just fine, even before CW? Seems like fourth major relationship breakdown in less than how many years. A possible tipping point for a 37 y/o woman?

She & kids may have been totally financially stable, and their family of four may have been models of mental & emotional health. It's possible, maybe likely. Maybe NO was not the shooter, or if she was, perhaps someone else bore some responsibility too. I do not know.

RIP Nichol, Alexa, and London.

BBM. Exactly what I was thinking and have thought all along. I also thought that he may have been kicking them out, but she refused to leave. An argument ensued...

There are too many unanswered questions.

Didn't he lawyer up right away?

JMO.
Or, kicking the kids out, demanding she choose between them. Lots of possibilities.

The more info that comes out, the more I am seeing a woman who was in a bad place mentally and self medicating (she was “on some kind of pills” that night). I see the phone call to CW’s mother either a desperate attempt to find him after he left or to complain to her about their argument. The texts that night paint a picture of an unstable woman, talking to herself and scaring her daughter. CW was obviously very worried when he left, evidenced by his texts to her brother and Alexa. Whatever the argument was about, it probably doesn’t even matter, but it could have sent her over the edge. Add in substance abuse and rational thought goes out the window. It’s very sad.
Unless all the texts were orchestrated in a big cover up it seems pretty obvious to me what happened. The ME says it’s a m/s and I’m not sure why the sheriff won’t close the case yet. Didn’t one of the girl’s dads accuse him of not closing it to hold up his civil suit? I really don’t know about any of these people’s motivations, but it’s really strange. Just with what we know I’m not a fan of the suits against CW, but then there could be a lot we don’t know. This case is so weird, because with each new round of information released we get a whole new perspective and everything changes!

Last edited:
The more info that comes out, the more I am seeing a woman who was in a bad place mentally and self medicating (she was “on some kind of pills” that night). I see the phone call to CW’s mother either a desperate attempt to find him after he left or to complain to her about their argument. The texts that night paint a picture of an unstable woman, talking to herself and scaring her daughter. CW was obviously very worried when he left, evidenced by his texts to her brother and Alexa. Whatever the argument was about, it probably doesn’t even matter, but it could have sent her over the edge. Add in substance abuse and rational thought goes out the window. It’s very sad.
Unless all the texts were orchestrated in a big cover up it seems pretty obvious to me what happened. The ME says it’s a m/s and I’m not sure why the sheriff won’t close the case yet. Didn’t one of the girl’s dads accuse him of not closing it to hold up his civil suit? I really don’t know about any of these people’s motivations, but it’s really strange. Just with what we know I’m not a fan of the suits against CW, but then there could be a lot we don’t know. This case is so weird, because with each new round of information released we get a whole new perspective and everything changes!

Good points. To add to that: Im curious about the paternity issue that came up that same night. What significance does that play to her state of mind? I can’t imagine that topic would’ve been received well, especially on the same night that your personal life is crumbling around you. From everything I’ve read, both fathers & their families were very involved in their child’s life. For one of the fathers, or worse - one of the kids, to question paternity after 10 or 16 years, would either be insulting if not true, and potentially life shattering if it is. It doesn’t even necessarily matter if it’s true or not. Was she scared there MIGHT be a chance it was true? Did she not even know herself? Was this the perfect storm of losing your fairytale ending, which is bad enough, on top of the idea of a potentially humiliating & expensive court proceeding over paternity? All within a few hours? Could it have been motivated more to “protect” one of the kids from finding out? Im just speculating of course.

@Dayday7
I agree with your post above with the exception that you thought he was guilty at first.
The article MimosaMornings posted below includes this, dated 2/11/20. “The Bribiescas family believes that had this legislation been used in London’s case, it may have prevented the tragedy”.
It appears the family believed it was a murder/suicide as well. MOO

I believe CW cared deeply for Nichol and her two daughters but probably wanted out of the relationship and her out of the house. He’s a wealthy, young, handsome man that was probably somewhat of a playboy (my own speculation). It was his house and his money. He had zero motivation to murder them. MOO
Could not agree more. I think before I just didn’t want to believe it and it was easier to think he could do it and not her. But the signs are all there and it is what it is. I just hope the family and others can find closure.

I finally made it through all 15 pages.

I want to go back to the 1/18/21 article.

Calls made to 911 the night of the Anaqua Springs shooting deaths

1. ...said Sheriff “And I'm sorry. I'm not ready to label Nichol Olson, as a murderer, a double murderer of her own children with what I have in hand."

2. "At this point, I still believe there are persons of interest that we have not spoken to. We have not spoken to, to the extent that I would see them, I'd like to see them spoken to."

3. And there are persons of interest in this case and we have not yet established, where they were and what they were doing at the time that we believe these deaths occurred,” said Sheriff Salazar. “That's what I'm trying to establish here, and until that question is answered satisfactorily for every single person of interest in this case, it's not going to be closed.”

4. Something doesn't sit right with me when alledgedly CW texted the older daughter stating he "left" her mother and he was worried.

5. CW is named a person of interest.

Sheriff says boyfriend of woman in San Antonio triple shooting is 'person of interest,' but not a suspect

Anaqua Springs shooting case sent back to investigators for further review | kens5.com

As more time goes by we are receiving more information. Pieces of the puzzle are slowly coming together.

I finally made it through all 15 pages.

I want to go back to the 1/18/21 article.

Calls made to 911 the night of the Anaqua Springs shooting deaths

1. ...said Sheriff “And I'm sorry. I'm not ready to label Nichol Olson, as a murderer, a double murderer of her own children with what I have in hand."

2. "At this point, I still believe there are persons of interest that we have not spoken to. We have not spoken to, to the extent that I would see them, I'd like to see them spoken to."

3. And there are persons of interest in this case and we have not yet established, where they were and what they were doing at the time that we believe these deaths occurred,” said Sheriff Salazar. “That's what I'm trying to establish here, and until that question is answered satisfactorily for every single person of interest in this case, it's not going to be closed.”

4. Something doesn't sit right with me when alledgedly CW texted the older daughter stating he "left" her mother and he was worried.

5. CW is named a person of interest.

Sheriff says boyfriend of woman in San Antonio triple shooting is 'person of interest,' but not a suspect

Anaqua Springs shooting case sent back to investigators for further review | kens5.com

As more time goes by we are receiving more information. Pieces of the puzzle are slowly coming together.
bbm
POI.
He's sleuthable, then. ;)
My theory is that someone(s) wanted this woman out of the house along with her children ; or Nichol found out something she wasn't supposed to know.
MOO

I honestly can’t see what was in it for CW regarding his relationship with Nichol.

He’s young, likes to party and has money. And he starts a serious relationship with a older woman, with three children? Two of them still very dependent of her. Alexa and London might have been total angels, but 16 and 10/11 are not easy ages. I can imagine there was lots of drama about all sorts of things.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moondashiie
Back