TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & her 2 daughters found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I mean got away with murder I mean say for example a husband or wife who had murdered their previous partners for insurance money. Some have got away with it and the others who got greedy are caught usually after the 3 or 4th husband/wives death deemed to be suspicious.

It's when the LE delve deeper into their past their find out their previous partners died of similar circumstances. They fact lies the murderers would had got away with it if they were not greedy. Now think of the thousands who have gotten away with murder thanks to wrong autopsys?

They are meaningless to me in this case - surveillance cameras and modern technology trumps the human findings any day of the week
Lowell Amos - Wikipedia

Here is an example of getting away with it for insurance money, until he got to greedy. He collected easily for first 2 wives and his mother. All “accidental deaths.” Cases only got re-examined after the death of wife three.

And there are likewise cases of homicide/suicide. This is tragic and I’m glad there is no rush to judgment.

I’ll just be waiting for further verified information.

I wonder what they could be looking for...
In yesterday's press conference the Sheriff stated the below:

"We have to make sure we are covering every possible base. One of the public's greatest fear is that law enforcement is covering it as a suicide then will move on to the next case. This remains an open investigation. It's a murder investigation with regard to the two young ladies." He wants to reassure the public they are continuing to do that.

Bexar County Sheriff's Office

It states he is not a suspect.

Not really it was stated -"Salazar told KSAT that Olsen's boyfriend and other witnesses are people of interest in the case. He elaborated that the designation does not mean they are suspects",

Yes but it also does not mean that they are not suspects.

The quote blow destroys the theory that he is not possible suspect.

"Salazar said they're still looking into that man's story "

So how can he not be a suspect if they are still looking into his story?

We all know LE don't blurt out what is going on behind the scenes, they never tell the press who they suspect and rather make an arrest. Only time they tell the press they have a suspect is if the said suspect is at large.

He is a person of interested and it was even stated. The fact they are not ruling it a suicide and carrying looking at surveillance and took away his truck means he IS a person if interest.

He is NOT a suspect. This is what the sheriff said after being asked by a reporter if there were any POIs in yesterday's press conference:

"Oh absolutely. We have folks that we have been talking to. Not just the other resident in the house but talking to other witnesses in the case. Every time we talk to somebody we get a little bit more of a clearer picture of what occurred. We are still narrowing it down. As with any homicide investigation trying to reconstruct first and foremost that snapshot in time as to exactly when the time of death was. We are still trying to get a picture of at what point in the night or morning that occurred. We are not there yet."

By his definition ANY witness is a POI.

Bexar County Sheriff's Office

Suicides that weren’t, (MOO), :

Drew Peterson from Illinois-
His first wife, Kathleen, was found dead in the bathtub. Drew, a cop, “found” her. In spite of history of severe physical abuse by Drew, ME declared suicide. Several years later, 2nd wife Stacy “disappeared”, body never found. Investigation of Kathleen’s “suicide” was re opened, Drew is now in prison for her murder. Stacy still hasnt been found.

Rebecca Zahu-
Found bizarrely strung up, hanging from her balcony naked and posed as if in flight. Very elaborate system of binding. Declared suicide, case closed. Lots of influential and wealthy persons in her life, some who had motive. I cant prove it was murder and apparantly neither could DA. Case closed, suicide. I’m sure I’m in good company in saying I dont believe she did this to herself. MOO.

There is also the 2017 case of Megan Hargan who killed her sister and mother and staged the scene to look like M/S. It was at first accepted and announced as such but in 2018 she was charged with murdering them both. LE said they knew pretty quickly that the scene was staged but kept quiet about it and continued to investigate.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.in...ings-look-murder-suicide-police-say-48362?amp

That is why I mentioned if his phone was turned off and the need for surveillance cameras. Not sure what you are expanding in, specifically. I didn’t say it was impossible, just that it requires corroboration.

You can also leave your phone behind and go kill someone.

There was a case in Montana, this guy turned off his cell phone. Didn't check Social Media, this was the first time in 3 years he hadn't done it for over a day. The very LACK of his cell phone GPS off, during the time his GF disappeared was the evidence.

He is a person of interested and it was even stated.

The fact they are not ruling it a suicide and carrying looking at surveillance and took away his truck means he IS a person if interest.

And why do police have to announce someone is a person of interest?

Take for instance Chris Watts the police came to the house, took away his truck and interview him and neighbors but they never publicly declared him as a POI until his arrest.

How is what the LE are doing now any different? If the BF is not a person of interest goodness knows what is?

Curious to find out what your definition of POI.

bbm
In this forum we generally wait for LE to actually say that someone is a POI. It's not about who we think is a POI or what we think is the correct definition of the term. We wait until LE declares someone a person of interest before we sleuth them. It's the rules here at WS.

I wonder what they could be looking for...
Theoretically, there is the question of where the bf was. Possibly LE suspects another person was in the house. If someone avoided the gate (as I've seen robbers do), bushes, plants, footprints. Did bf or Nichol say anything to someone? Did the girls? Lots of questions. Did a neighbor see anything unusual, maybe a neighbor walking their dog?

It states he is not a suspect.
It says, and I quote "Salazar told KSAT that Olsen's boyfriend and other witnesses are people of interest in the case. He elaborated that the designation does not mean they are suspects, rather, they believe that these people have information that could prove helpful to the investigation." So, Salazar says bf IS person of interest, and it does NOT say that he is not a suspect. Basically he is one of many POI's, and he is not labeled as a suspect, but that means nothing about an hour from now.

There is also the 2017 case of Megan Hargan who killed her sister and mother and staged the scene to look like M/S. It was at first accepted and announced as such but in 2018 she was charged with murdering them both. LE said they knew pretty quickly that the scene was staged but kept quiet about it and continued to investigate.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.insideedition.com/woman-staged-mother-and-sisters-killings-look-murder-suicide-police-say-48362?amp

But were the victim's autopsies wrong and thats why MH wasn't arrested until 2018? I did a quick google search and didn't find anything about the results of the victims autopsies, but I didn't search for very long.

Idk, a few of the examples given here are of inconclusive autopsies - not autopsies that concluded someone committed suicide when they were actually murdered. There's a difference imo.

There was a case in Montana, this guy turned off his cell phone. Didn't check Social Media, this was the first time in 3 years he hadn't done it for over a day. The very LACK of his cell phone GPS off, during the time his GF disappeared was the evidence.

The obvious alibis are always the best.

“I was across town at the time. Here is my receipt for a cup of coffee that I’ve kept neatly folded in my wallet for two weeks. I also remember waving at the security camera”.

“Many people never let on what they are feeling or planning. The paradox is that the people who are most intent on committing suicide know that they have to keep their plans to themselves if they are to carry out the act,” says Dr. Miller. “Thus, the people most in need of help may be the toughest to save.”

Suicide often not preceded by warnings - Harvard Health Blog

Waiting for LE to complete their full investigation into who killed the girls and confirm the COD for NO.

Which leads me to ask, is it normal that it is taking LE this long to confirm the ID of the 10 yo victim? Seems odd to me.
I agree. It seems very odd to me that it’s taking so long to ID the 10 yo victim. The father confirmed her ID and I believe I read he supplied DNA as well. So what’s the hold up? Weird. Maybe something odd with the DNA matching? Don’t know, just throwing that out there. Edited to clarify; I do NOT think this father is involved in the least bit. I believe he is grieving. I’m just wondering about the DNA. I believe this is a murder/suicide. IMO

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna958831

Jan. 15, 2019, 12:45 PM ET
By David K. Li

“Even though the medical examiner ruled Olson's cause of death a suicide and the two girls homicides, an official said it's still too early to say who killed the younger victims.”

Three people — found shot to death inside a luxury home near San Antonio last week — were classified as a suicide and two homicides, officials said.

The medical examiner and sheriff identified two of the dead as Nichol Olsen, 37, and her daughter Alexa Montez, 16. Investigators are still trying to verify the identity of a 10-year-old girl through dental records, but Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar said detectives believe they know who she is.”

Edit to add: Again, why the difficulty identifying the 10 yo?

I agree. It seems very odd to me that it’s taking so long to ID the 10 yo victim. The father confirmed her ID and I believe I read he supplied DNA as well. So what’s the hold up? Weird. Maybe something odd with the DNA matching? Don’t know, just throwing that out there. Edited to clarify; I do NOT think this father is involved in the least bit. I believe he is grieving. I’m just wondering about the DNA. I believe this is a murder/suicide. IMO

News report I read said that they have to do a match with dental records. Maybe the DNA didn't match the father. Anything is possible.

BBM. I can't think of any off the top of my head... who are you referring to that got away with murder because of an autopsy report?

If you watch Dateline or any other criminal investigation shows on TV there have been many cases of professional hit men or those with LE knowledge who've made murder look like suicide, especially in domestic cases. Over time past suicide verdicts have been overturned, especially when others with a personal connection have been killed years later.

I'd like to know if anyone was jealous of the BF's growing business success, or if he had competitors with unsavory links, or if he refused to do certain types of deals. Looks to me like someone wanted to really scare the BF into cooperation with something he didn't want to do.

If you watch Dateline or any other criminal investigation shows on TV there have been many cases of professional hit men or those with LE knowledge who've made murder look like suicide, especially in domestic cases. Over time past suicide verdicts have been overturned, especially when others with a personal connection have been killed years later.

I'd like to know if anyone was jealous of the BF's growing business success, or if he had competitors with unsavory links, or if he refused to do certain types of deals. Looks to me like someone wanted to really scare the BF into cooperation with something he didn't want to do.
And if there were unsavory acquaintances of NO...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna958831

Jan. 15, 2019, 12:45 PM ET
By David K. Li

“Even though the medical examiner ruled Olson's cause of death a suicide and the two girls homicides, an official said it's still too early to say who killed the younger victims.”

Three people — found shot to death inside a luxury home near San Antonio last week — were classified as a suicide and two homicides, officials said.

The medical examiner and sheriff identified two of the dead as Nichol Olsen, 37, and her daughter Alexa Montez, 16. Investigators are still trying to verify the identity of a 10-year-old girl through dental records, but Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar said detectives believe they know who she is.”

Edit to add: Again, why the difficulty identifying the 10 yo?
Thanks I somehow missed the dental records part of this.
News report I read said that they have to do a match with dental records. Maybe the DNA didn't match the father. Anything is possible.
Hhmmm that’s what I’m thinking. Isn’t he the one that hasn’t made a comment publicly yet?

Until law enforcement says the boyfriend is being looked out then we cannot discuss him as far as being a perp.

However, if this is officially a murder/suicide then we will close the discussion BUT, if there is truly compelling evidence to suggest LE is wrong, as in the Rebecca Zahau case, then we will leave it open.

You should know it is very rare for Websleuths to go against law enforcement so it has to be pretty compelling evidence for Websleuths to not follow LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member