TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & her 2 daughters found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the coroner. Do you guys?

In my state, the coroner would prevail, he’s higher ranking than the sheriff. Moo
Yup. If there was any doubt about suicide, the coroner would have issued a preliminary death certificate (not a final) with the manner of death noted as "pending. " This is very common. This was done with our son even though the manner of death was clear and undisputed. It was a month before we received the final death certificate, and we never could figure out what the coroner was waiting for.

The direct quotes I've seen from the sheriff don't appear to be questioning NO's suicide, just investigating the murders of the daughters to confirm they were killed by NO and not someone else.

ETA . LE and coroners do share information. If LE had evidence contradicting suicide, that would have been communicated to the coroner, so that he would have all the information available to make his final conclusion . And if it was unclear, manner would pending further investigation .

Last edited:
My father commited suicide in a rather public way. The media was all over the story and reported inaacurate details.....I was in my 20’s and a bit outspoken. I personally called the reporter to “set the record straight” as I was infuriated our tragedy was entertaining to others who were creating a false narrative of my dad’s personal life. It was humilating to me and all I wanted to do was protect my fathers name when his (and my families) most vulnerable moments were being exploited. Even 15 years later I still have family members who are in denial and rationalize the circumstances of his death even though I have no doubts myself he took his own life. Denial and projection is a normal part of the grieving process especially in an instance such as this. I don’t know enough about this case to decide if I personally believe foul play is a possibility or not. I think the families and friends of these beautiful ladies are in for a long road of grief, acceptance and forgiveness regardless. MOO
I'm so sorry for the loss of your father. It must have been very painful for you having to deal with the loss and the insensitive press at the same time.

But what if NO and bf were on the outs to the point of splitting up, meaning her and girls moving out of the beautiful house. It could have potentially lead to explosive tempers about moving, wanting to live with dad, NO feeling betrayed. Anything is possible IMO.

I really don't think the girls did anything to cause this tragedy. I think IF it was a murder/suicide situation, it was NO's feelings of being rejected. Perhaps she was asked to leave the beautiful home she'd lived in for quite some time. The home that she shared with her daughters. Perhaps she felt hopeless, like she had no where to go. Who knows what kinds of things may have been running through her mind. I'll be happy when LE makes a clear decision so that all that have lost these beautiful souls can start trying to heal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been doing some sleuthing based on online records and NO's instagram postings and discovered that NO's mother died in 2001, when NO must've been about 20 years old. Here is her mother's find a grave listing https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/178723559/mccherryl-fennell/photo

I was mistaken. It was her second ex husband that mentioned they got married shortly after her mom died. Which actually raises more questions for me. Her parents (or at least her mom) gave approval for Nichol to get married at 15??? I don’t believe it’s legal to get married that young without parental consent.

If they can crack his alibi, it’s buh bye nice life. IMO, the coroner did not make his rulings w/o an air tight alibi.
If Nichol has her daughters' brain matter or blood "blowback" on her clothing (most likely her sleeve on the arm that held the gun), the boyfriend's alibi won't matter. It will be undeniable that Nichol was her daughters' killer.

I guess that the value of the house will definitely go down. I would find it way too creepy to live there.

If Nichol has her daughters' brain matter or blood "blowback" on her clothing (most likely her sleeve on the arm that held the gun), the boyfriend's alibi won't matter. It will be undeniable that Nichol was her daughters' killer.
Unless she was standing next to the daughter when the daughter was shot.

Maybe he doesn’t feel a need to make a public comment. It’s not presumptive that he do so.

He just lost a child in a sudden and violent manner. Maybe, just maybe, that is the reason.
I never said he had to make a comment. I was merely making the observation that he hadn’t made one.

Not long ago, Dateline ran a story about a 39-yo mother committing suicide in tiny Buffalo, MO in 2006. Her right hand tested positive for GSR and had blood spatter. Husband's hands tested negative. Her sister believed the husband did it and persuaded a Missouri State Patrol officer to reopen the case. The husband was convicted and sent to prison.

Last year the persistence of his family led an attorney to carefully review the case and they discovered the husband's robe had been seized but no report on GSR was ever presented to the defense. The State Patrol officer claimed to have never received it. He lied and had a history of lying. Test was negative and husband is now a free man.

I think the Sheriff is well-aware the GSR results in this case support the conclusion of murder/suicide.

JMO

I really don't think the girls did anything to cause this tragedy. I think IF it was a murder/suicide situation, it was NO's feelings of being rejected. Perhaps she was asked to leave the beautiful home she'd lived in for quite some time. The home that she shared with her daughters. Perhaps she felt hopeless, like she had no where to go. Who knows what kinds of things may have been running through her mind. I'll be happy when LE makes a clear decision so that all that have lost these beautiful souls can start trying to heal.

Being rejected by a boyfriend shouldn't result in the murder of children. The fact that they were murdered is an indication to me NO was a seriously unstable woman with a history of failed relationships. She certainly could have blamed her children for those failed relationships rather than accept responsibility.

JMO

Nor should he have to make a comment or attend any function now that he's been publicly accused of murder.

JMO
I wasn’t talking about the BF. I never even mentioned him. I was talking about the father of London.

Sorry sillybilly, just seeing your post now. It is from NOs FB profile (thanks cybervampira)

Nichol Olsen

(I had checked TOS before posting , saw that NO fit either of these below categories at the time, so thought photo from her FB was okay - is that correct or did I misinterpret? Or is it that I forgot to link? Want to make sure I'm following the guidelines correctly - Thanks in advance!)

Approved SM Pages/Profiles
Individuals

Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)

Thank you rigsby2, and my apologies as another member had provided the link and I had forgotten to let you know.

Being rejected by a boyfriend shouldn't result in the murder of children. The fact that they were murdered is an indication to me NO was a seriously unstable woman with a history of failed relationships. She certainly could have blamed her children for those failed relationships rather than accept responsibility.

JMO
She may have been very self-obsessed and felt it was necessary to kill her daughters because they would be miserable forever once she killed herself.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member