TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & her 2 daughters found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don’t victims just leave? - SAFER (a domestic and family violence resource for Australian churches)

Here is what I think is a balanced article about DV and why people don't or can't always leave. There have been a few comments that if she loved her daughters enough then she should have left. Hence the insinuation (though sometimes expressly stated) that she must have stayed because she loved the lifestyle CW money gave her more than her kids. These comments may be right but based on what we know, we can't know this.

I just want to point out that it is not always about the money. We don't even know if DV played a part in NO or CW life but if it did we cannot assume she only stayed because of money. Leaving is the most dangerous time. In a hypothetical situation where one side has significant money and connections, is it totally implausible that threats are made against the one wanting to leave to either their person and / or those they care about?

Can we be a little more broad minded about this case please? NO may be a victim, even if she did commit suicide she may not be a murderer, she may be but we don't that yet!

A previous poster who shared she had been affected by DV has my utmost respect.

Her daughters seem to at least have aunts who are involved in their lives on a regular basis, if not their fathers (we know one dad lives three hours away but not the status of London’s dads custody and visitation schedule AFAIK). If the living situation was unhealthy, NO could have asked the aunts to take the girls until she could find a new place to live. Maybe even the one dad who has expressed his concerns regarding the living situation would have taken in both girls if it was so bad. JMO

One thing I find curious is that there are multiple accounts of family and friends coming forward to media saying they don’t believe she would hurt herself or her girls, etc....

But I haven’t seen the first comment from anyone, anywhere supporting CW, saying he loved and adored her and would never hurt her, that he’s a great guy, etc. His very, very high dollar attorney has made positive-sounding statements I guess (my client is innocent sort of things), but no friends or neighbors or family or college roommate or anything? Nothing? It seems... strange.

One thing I find curious is that there are multiple accounts of family and friends coming forward to media saying they don’t believe she would hurt herself or her girls, etc....

But I haven’t seen the first comment from anyone, anywhere supporting CW, saying he loved and adored her and would never hurt her, that he’s a great guy, etc. His very, very high dollar attorney has made positive-sounding statements I guess (my client is innocent sort of things), but no friends or neighbors or family or college roommate or anything? Nothing? It seems... strange.

I think it’s respectful to not comment. IMO, it speaks volumes for his character. His friends don’t have to make statements, they are confident he’s innocent & know he has good legal representation.
I would instantly cross a “friend” off my friend list if they spoke out about me. Nothing they might say would help.
Jmo

I think it’s respectful to not comment. IMO, it speaks volumes for his character. His friends don’t have to make statements, they are confident he’s innocent & know he has good legal representation.
I would instantly cross a “friend” off my friend list if they spoke out about me. Nothing they might say would help.
Jmo

This could definitely be one explanation. It also occurs to me we are talking about very, very wealthy people. I imagine it’s also possible those who are incredibly wealthy tend to not interact with the media like more average folks might do in similar circumstances. I also think it’s possible his friends and family have been specifically asked not to talk to the media. It would definitely be the wisest approach I think.

This could definitely be one explanation. It also occurs to me we are talking about very, very wealthy people. I imagine it’s also possible those who are incredibly wealthy tend to not interact with the media like more average folks might do in similar circumstances. I also think it’s possible his friends and family have been specifically asked not to talk to the media. It would definitely be the wisest approach I think.

IMO, not speaking out represents class.
His friends probably have deep sympathy for the situation he’s somehow smack in the middle of. What he found the morning he discovered the bodies, will haunt him forever, imo.

People who want to assume murder/suicide without an intense, in-depth investigation must not have ever seen any of the old Dallas television series. I can tell you without a doubt, after 40+ years of living here in Texas, in real life the plot is sometimes even thicker than an episode of Dallas.

If it were an episode of Dallas, the gf and bf would be arguing because she is pregnant and both he and his family (who strongly disapprove of her) want her to have an abortion. After driving to the parents house, while cooling off and talking to dad, mom, the matriarch of the family, decides to slip out and drive over to confront the gf herself and end this problem.

People who want to assume murder/suicide without an intense, in-depth investigation must not have ever seen any of the old Dallas television series. I can tell you without a doubt, after 40+ years of living here in Texas, in real life the plot is sometimes even thicker than an episode of Dallas.

If it were an episode of Dallas, the gf and bf would be arguing because she is pregnant and both he and his family (who strongly disapprove of her) want her to have an abortion. After driving to the parents house, while cooling off and talking to dad, mom, the matriarch of the family, decides to slip out and drive over to confront the gf herself and end this problem.

I could actually hear the Dallas theme song as I was reading your plot.

Well, he's being disingenuous. The majority of suicides do not leave notes, nor are there typically witnesses. And he sure as heck doesn't investigate every suicide like this. (I would bet good money that he has never spent this amount of time, money, and resources on any suicide investigation.)

If he has evidence that contradicts suicide, he has been negligent withholding that from the ME.

If he has no such evidence, he is doing a disservice to the family and friends, CW, and the taxpayers that are funding his photo ops.

<modsnip - politicizing>

IMO, I don't think he doubts the suicide finding at all. The investigation is still far from over because there's still two murders that need full investigation. Was that done by mom - or not. It's a gated community, so there will be data from the gate as to BF's leaving and returning times. They've taken his truck no doubt in an attempt to run the GPS/computer to verify the vehicles whereabouts during the timespan in question - especially whatever timespan the coroner deems for the three deaths to have occurred. They'll have cell records for both of the adults to subpoena from the carrier to verify "what went down the evening before" (because I am quite certain there are text messages between the two …) which will also probably verify "what went down that morning".

All IMO.

I think a plausible theory is that they broke up, he told her she had to leave the home, she is upset. He probably gives her until the morning to be out and heads elsewhere for the overnight to avoid a (more?) fighting/drama. Finds them.

Also IMO, the sheriff is certainly do full in-depth dive into investigating this because, just witness this very thread, of the "he's rich and she would never so cover-up, cover-up". Notice the BF was named as a POI, as would anybody be considered who could provide info as to any suicides and murders and possible events leading up to such a situation. What the sheriff did NOT call him is "a suspect". therefore, he's still a victim too at this point in time, yet there's posts in here generally alleging he had an inappropriate relationship with a 16 year old. Just wow.

"It's not that I'm not totally convinced by (the evidence)," Salazar said. "We owe it to the public and to the victims in the case, and their families, of course, to continue this investigation. We can't just say, 'Well, this is what the medical examiner says, case closed.' We've still got two murder investigations, at least at this point, on these two young ladies. We have to find out who it is."

BCSO 'not ready to say' mom killed 2 kids then self at Anaqua Springs Ranch home

Edited to add quote.

Last edited:
IMO, not speaking out represents class.
His friends probably have deep sympathy for the situation he’s somehow smack in the middle of. What he found the morning he discovered the bodies, will haunt him forever, imo.
yup. consider if everything he states is the reality of the situation, had disagreement, left, spent night at relative's, came back, found them dead. i'd think maybe after he left at some point that night he might have called NO. there might have been a conversation or no answer. then i can see him being anxious about returning so he tried to call or text NO next morning to say he was coming. no answer. maybe he tried to call or text the girls. no answer. ok, so maybe at this point he starts getting nervous about going back to his own home. that in itself would be a mini nightmare for me, being scared about returning to my own home. so then he walks into what he did. good possibility he may need serious medical assistance to deal with the reality. understandable to me that he might be in no condition to speak publicly or he just does not want to. if it happened like he said of course. not saying it did but just somewhat running through some opinions/speculation on his angle of events. MOO.

I am not passing moral judgement on NO in observation of her romantic history. It is not a big deal that she had been seriously involved with at least 4 partners by the age of 37, and frankly, that is no business other than her own.

However, the fact that 3 children were born as a result of 3 different relationships IS a big deal as it does indicate a history of instability in relationships, and those children bear the emotional baggage of that. One can not argue against that point, and it is not a moral judgement. It is a frank and honest statement IMHO. NO may have done the best she could under the circumstances, and her accomplishments as a mother may have been noble. Yet it cannot be denied that indications point to an unfortunate history of romantic entanglements that take a huge toll on the children who are along for the ride through no fault of their own. Absolutely tragic that they were placed in harms’ way, which resulted in their murders, and they may never have justice.

Last edited:

IMO this looks like you're insinuating CWs family had something to do with this, is that your intention? Pretty sure that's very much against TOS rules.

When you are wealthy one of the first things you learn is that you have a big target on your head. People hate you who have never even met you. He has nothing to gain and can only loose by having people make public statements.

Oh love the days of tv “Dallas”!

IMO this looks like you're insinuating CWs family had something to do with this, is that your intention? Pretty sure that's very much against TOS rules.
Not at all. I am saying that there are multiple scenarios that are possible in a case like this and a thorough investigation is absolutely needed.

No, I don't think in this case the mom had anything to do with it, but LE can't completely rule that out without any kind of an investigation. <modsnip: referenced post was removed> Many people are condemning Nichol for murder without an investigation.

In a case like this there are many possible motives and scenarios and ALL should be investigated and cleared. Personally, I am 50/50 whether NO or CW is responsible for this crime. I don't have to think too hard to come up with a motive or scenario where the bf is guilty in a case like this. Hence, I'm waiting to see what the investigation tells us.

Last edited by a moderator:
That actually wasn't her boyfriend..
If you go to her Twitter you can see her boyfriend

Welcome to Websleuths! :) According to the SM rules, it’s OK to post a link to her twitter and other SM accounts. She is a victim.

Who was it?

Good question. I haven’t looked at her twitter, but maybe a former boyfriend? Obviously he was someone who had been close to her, based on all the photos together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member