TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & her 2 daughters found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I think there are so many things in this that don't add up." Friends of Nichol Olsen continue to keep pressure on investigators to get to the bottom of what happened to the 37-year-old and her two young daughters. They tell me Nichol had big plans last week, including taking 10-year-old London to the America's Got Talent auditions at the convention center on Friday. So how did all three end up dead inside their home on Thursday morning? One friend says, "We all know in our hearts what *didn't* happen." Friends keeping pressure on investigators in triple shooting

Thanks to all who posted regarding mothers shooting their children. I'm now convinced it could have happened. I supposed guns are so pervasive in our culture now that even women use them. I'm old enough that it seemed unlikely to me. Poison, smothering, drowning-- even the Harts I could understand as a form of mental illness and destruction. Guns were harder.

Thanks to all who posted regarding mothers shooting their children. I'm now convinced it could have happened. I supposed guns are so pervasive in our culture now that even women use them. I'm old enough that it seemed unlikely to me. Poison, smothering, drowning-- even the Harts I could understand as a form of mental illness and destruction. Guns were harder.
I will never understand people killing their children. I grew up in an abusive home, and now I am thankful they didn't kill me. My older brother did threaten it, but here I am.

IF someone were to try to stage a murder/suicide, one way to do it would be to slip the person a sleeping pill, xanax, rohypnol, put the gun in their hand and pull the trigger while they are unconcious and incapacitated. This is why toxicology reports can be so important.

IF someone were to try to stage a murder/suicide, one way to do it would be to slip the person a sleeping pill, xanax, rohypnol, put the gun in their hand and pull the trigger while they are unconcious and incapacitated. This is why toxicology reports can be so important.

Of course the same could be said if someone were to commit a murder/suicide.

Agreed, toxicology is vital as is all other information relating to the victims, witnesses, POI’s.

A thought that I had which I hope doesn’t come off as victim blaming, just trying to wrap my head around this scenario.

What if one of the daughters accidentally shot the other? One of them was playing with a loaded hand gun and accidentally pulled the trigger. The mother in a panic/distress decided to shoot the remaining daughter and herself rather than living with the grief of what happened?

If he left maybe they started poking around and found the gun.

ETA: my husband pointed out gunshot residue on the daughter’s hands would be a quick indication that something like this scenario happened.

As to the common law marriage in TX, my former neighbor is suing her ex fiancé for a settlement after they broke up with the common law marriage as the basis. They never got married because she refused to sign the pre-nup. Not sure how it will play out in court.

Last edited:
https://www.researchgate.net/public...tween_Right-_and_Left-Handed-An_Autopsy_Study

Abstract...” 10-year period, and it included selected cases of single suicidal gunshot head injury, committed by handguns. We considered only contact or near-contact wounds. The sample included 479 deceased, ...432 males and 47 females.”

Not the predominant method, but it happens

Here are some statistics from other studies as well. So while females are less likely than men to commit suicide by gunshot to the head, to say women invariably will shoot themselves anywhere but the head isn't true.

For example, Cohles(1977) analysis of 121 handgun suicides found that 88.9% of men shot themselves in the head compared to 48.4% of women, and Stone (1992) reported that among firearm suicides, 80% percent of men had gunshot wounds in the head/mouth/neck area compared to 67% of women. More recently, Stack and Wasserman's (2009) analysis of 1,412 firearm suicides found a statistically significant difference in the percentage of men that shot themselves in the head (85.2%) compared to women (75.5%). Moreover, women were 47% less likely to shoot themselves in the head than men, controlling for age and race/ethnicity.

snip

Specifically, 72.2% of the female firearm suicides shot themselves in the head/face compared to 86.3% of the male firearm suicides; these figures are nearly identical to the gender distribution of gunshot wound locations in a recent study of firearm suicides (Stack and Wasserman 2009).

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/3fe1/5baa9bca4e4bb55f1b83286d6bc73fa138dd.pdf

If she did this, she likely had depression and mental illness that defies rationale. Just because she loved her girls doesn't mean she couldn't have killed them, in my opinion. She loved her kids and probably thought she was doing the "right" thing by sparing them the pain of life, or at least life without her. If she did it...

If she did this, she likely had depression and mental illness that defies rationale. Just because she loved her girls doesn't mean she couldn't have killed them, in my opinion. She loved her kids and probably thought she was doing the "right" thing by sparing them the pain of life, or at least life without her. If she did it...
Welcome!

BUT, we don't know what really happened.

Regardless he can't be discussed on here as a suspect until he is named as one by LE.

Would the LE take away someones truck away and examine it if they were not a suspect? Would the LE check the phone records of a person if they were not a suspect? Would the LE try and corroborate a persons alibi if they were not a suspect?

Truth is the police have already confirmed he is a suspect by the actions they have undertaken. You know what they say? 'Actions speak louder than words'.

Right now, it's be 6 days since the murders and the police are yet to rule him out as a suspect. Whats taking them so long to get his story and alibi straight? The answer is obvious, something is not adding up. Until they officially declare he is not a suspect and rule him out of further investigations, he will continue to remain one IMO.

I remain to be proven wrong.

Would the LE take away someones truck away and examine it if they were not a suspect? Would the LE check the phone records of a person if they were not a suspect? Would the LE try and corroborate a persons alibi if they were not a suspect?

Truth is the police have already confirmed he is a suspect by the actions they have undertaken. You know what they say? 'Actions speak louder than words'.

Right now, it's be 6 days since the murders and the police are yet to rule him out as a suspect. Whats taking them so long to get his story and alibi straight? The answer is obvious, something is not adding up. Until they officially declare he is not a suspect and rule him out of further investigations, he will continue to remain one IMO.

First, am I the only one who has NOT seen the bf named a suspect? And second, in a case like this, everyone close is looked at. Yes, that includes towing his truck. I say this from having followed cases since Morgan Harrington vanished at a Metallica Concert.

First, am I the only one who has NOT seen the bf named a suspect? And second, in a case like this, everyone close is looked at. Yes, that includes towing his truck. I say this from having followed cases since Morgan Harrington vanished at a Metallica Concert.
I have not seen him named a suspect either. Also, it should be noted that he voluntarily gave his truck to be searched.

In a radio interview yesterday with Trey Ware of KTSA (I linked to it a couple of pages back), Sheriff Salazar doesn't say the homeowner's name, however when asked if the homeowner was a person of interest, he says yeah, you're a POI if three people are found deceased in your home.

So, from the Sheriff's own mouth, the homeowner is a Person Of Interest.

Are POI's allowed to be discussed, or does the person have to be specially named as a "suspect"?

Until law enforcement says the boyfriend is being looked out then we cannot discuss him as far as being a perp.

However, if this is officially a murder/suicide then we will close the discussion BUT, if there is truly compelling evidence to suggest LE is wrong, as in the Rebecca Zahau case, then we will leave it open.

You should know it is very rare for Websleuths to go against law enforcement so it has to be pretty compelling evidence for Websleuths to not follow LE.

duscle, bumbing Tricia's post for you in case you missed it. I bolded the crucial sentence. The thing is it doesn't matter if you believe he is a suspect or not, unless LE officially say that he is we do not sleuth him nor accuse him here at WS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyTheSleuth