TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & her 2 daughters found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I am surprised that this doesn't happen more often. Society now places quite a bit of pressure on Mothers, if they work outside of the home, they are expected to look great, be upbeat, have perfect home, everything is "perfect".

And it is even worse for single women, everyone puts expectations on them, where to live, what to have...when I was newly divorced my kids were unhappy we left a large house, for a small condo, they were further miserable by the fact that there was no money for iPhones, Nike Air shoes, dance classes, football camp...

It seem like we live in a society where everyone has plenty of money. If this Mother was going to be moving out of this fancy house, because of a breakup with millionaire BF, her kids lives were gonna change a lot. Maybe she couldn't take the pressure.

hi guys. i am not much of a poster, but i've been around for a few years lurking. :) this case is an extremely fascinating one, IMO. and i do agree with everything you've said here, as well as other posters, about how these things CAN happen (rarely, but they do if given a certain set of circumstances, sadly) . however, i cannot get past the fact that she only took the lives of her daughters. IF you, god forbid, ever got to the point where suicide was the answer and you decided to take your kids with you, wouldn't you take ALL your kids and not leave one behind (the son) to clean up the mess and be left completely devastated? i'm struggling to see how any mom could do this (i'm a mom). will be curious to see how this case pans out.

FWIW: This is a verified Twitter account for
the local San Antonio Express-news reporter covering this story:
Peggy O’Hare
Census, Demographics and Housing Reporter, San Antonio Express-News
San Antonio, TX
express-news.com
Peggy O'Hare (@Peggy_OHare) on Twitter

Her most recent tweet is interesting?
Wow, she needs to charge her phone!
Seriously though....I need to read that information she got!

Warning, long post (and my first ever!?)(hope I don’t break any rules from jump): I’m quite sure that the Sheriff didn’t do this case, NO, or any of the victims’ (by victims I mean the girls and CW) any justice whatsoever. He was confusing and misleading and, in regards to some of his statements, down right wrong. To me, it seems they know exactly what happened that night/morning but, because NO’s friends have insisted this wasn’t a suicide and there was abuse and this is a cover up (yadayada) and have downright crucified CW at every turn, Sheriff is scared to “upset the masses” at this point and lay out the facts as they stand today. For instance, when he said that the ME’s findings are somehow independent from LE’s and the ME “only looks at what is on the body.” That’s just not true. The ME looks at EVERYTHING. Both what’s on the body and all of the surrounding circumstances, including the crime scene photos, weapon location, witness statements, suicide notes, etc. (everything available that they deem helpful, they look at). Some times they even go to the scene themselves in high profile cases (no idea if that happened here). Good luck finding a DA anywhere that would EVER indict someone for a murder if the ME’s cause of death was determined to be suicide. You literally can’t prove a murder case unless you have a homicide ruling—that’s how the “manner and means” element in a murder indictment is met. So unless they find compelling additional evidence and get the ME to change his/her opinion OR ask an outside ME for a second opinion (both of which are very rare but not entirely unheard of), any murder charge regarding NO is dead in the the water. If he was only trying to say they were still investigating who killed the girls, he should have made that a lot clearer bc all he did was get the public yelling and screaming that there is a cover up, they still don’t know for sure it was suicide, CW still could have done it, NO never would’ve done it, etc. He also said they died from gunshot wounds to the “upper body,” which sent people into a tizzy and transformed into people declaring they were all shot multiple times in the chest or torso so it couldn’t possibly be suicide. Truth is, per the ME, each died from a single gunshot wound to the head. Yes, I suppose that is considered the “upper body,” but c’mon. Quit dancing around the facts and just GIVE THEM. He also didn’t even seem to know whether or not there was a suicide note when asked by a reporter (he fumbled with his words and then acted like he couldn’t say)? Truthfully, I don’t think the Sheriff has personally done a darn thing regarding the investigation into this case. He’s being fed info before he gets in front of the mic and he’s doing everyone a huge disservice in the way he is delivering said info. Let the women and men actually doing the work tell us what’s going on if you can’t do better. I understand they want to back up phone records, gps etc. with the actual underlying data from the companies (bc texts can be doctored or whatever) but he should have said more about their preliminary findings or said nothing at all. Guarantee they know exactly where he was at the time of the murder and why he was there and they’re just waiting for the independent data. But now her friends and family are still convinced it wasn’t a suicide and CW is still being crucified and for what? Having money? Walking in to his home and finding 3 dead bodies of ppl he cared for? Of course he hasn’t spoken out. Who would? Until the Sheriff officially and appropriately COMPLETELY clears him, he should stay quiet. Until then, or until something changes and he is arrested or named a suspect, people should stop with the allegations and speculation and he should be allowed to mourn in peace. It’s a complete tragedy and the only thing worse than what it appears happened, would be for another innocent life to be destroyed bc his name is forever tarnished by ppl swearing he is a mass murderer, of children at that.
wow! Well said!

Reminder that requesting private messages (conversations) or talking about them on the thread is not allowed. If you want to have a private conversation, just do it, but don't talk about it on the thread.

hi guys. i am not much of a poster, but i've been around for a few years lurking. :) this case is an extremely fascinating one, IMO. and i do agree with everything you've said here, as well as other posters, about how these things CAN happen (rarely, but they do if given a certain set of circumstances, sadly) . however, i cannot get past the fact that she only took the lives of her daughters. IF you, god forbid, ever got to the point where suicide was the answer and you decided to take your kids with you, wouldn't you take ALL your kids and not leave one behind (the son) to clean up the mess and be left completely devastated? i'm struggling to see how any mom could do this (i'm a mom). will be curious to see how this case pans out.
I sure can’t fathom killing myself, let alone my children. - tragic.

So for want of an analogy:

People don’t anticipate cardiac arrest/ cerebrovascular accidents, onset often comes suddenly, and often without warning. And In the same token a mental break can occur fairly spontaneously too.

Make sense?

I'm in San Antonio, watching News4, a local San Antonio station. They just said that the ME has identified the 10 yr old, and that she had two gun shot wounds, one to head and one to neck.

I'll be glad to post a link once I find it.

I've been a member of this site since the Casey Anthony days, but have only posted a few times. If anything I've said above is against the rules, I apologize.

I'm in San Antonio, watching News4, a local San Antonio station. They just said that the ME has identified the 10 yr old, and that she had two gun shot wounds, one to head and one to neck.

I've been a member of this site since the Casey Anthony days, but have only posted a few times. If anything I've said above is against the rules, I apologize.
Thank you! Nice to see you around!

Warning, long post (and my first ever!?)(hope I don’t break any rules from jump): I’m quite sure that the Sheriff didn’t do this case, NO, or any of the victims’ (by victims I mean the girls and CW) any justice whatsoever. He was confusing and misleading and, in regards to some of his statements, down right wrong. To me, it seems they know exactly what happened that night/morning but, because NO’s friends have insisted this wasn’t a suicide and there was abuse and this is a cover up (yadayada) and have downright crucified CW at every turn, Sheriff is scared to “upset the masses” at this point and lay out the facts as they stand today. For instance, when he said that the ME’s findings are somehow independent from LE’s and the ME “only looks at what is on the body.” That’s just not true. The ME looks at EVERYTHING. Both what’s on the body and all of the surrounding circumstances, including the crime scene photos, weapon location, witness statements, suicide notes, etc. (everything available that they deem helpful, they look at). Some times they even go to the scene themselves in high profile cases (no idea if that happened here). Good luck finding a DA anywhere that would EVER indict someone for a murder if the ME’s cause of death was determined to be suicide. You literally can’t prove a murder case unless you have a homicide ruling—that’s how the “manner and means” element in a murder indictment is met. So unless they find compelling additional evidence and get the ME to change his/her opinion OR ask an outside ME for a second opinion (both of which are very rare but not entirely unheard of), any murder charge regarding NO is dead in the the water. If he was only trying to say they were still investigating who killed the girls, he should have made that a lot clearer bc all he did was get the public yelling and screaming that there is a cover up, they still don’t know for sure it was suicide, CW still could have done it, NO never would’ve done it, etc. He also said they died from gunshot wounds to the “upper body,” which sent people into a tizzy and transformed into people declaring they were all shot multiple times in the chest or torso so it couldn’t possibly be suicide. Truth is, per the ME, each died from a single gunshot wound to the head. Yes, I suppose that is considered the “upper body,” but c’mon. Quit dancing around the facts and just GIVE THEM. He also didn’t even seem to know whether or not there was a suicide note when asked by a reporter (he fumbled with his words and then acted like he couldn’t say)? Truthfully, I don’t think the Sheriff has personally done a darn thing regarding the investigation into this case. He’s being fed info before he gets in front of the mic and he’s doing everyone a huge disservice in the way he is delivering said info. Let the women and men actually doing the work tell us what’s going on if you can’t do better. I understand they want to back up phone records, gps etc. with the actual underlying data from the companies (bc texts can be doctored or whatever) but he should have said more about their preliminary findings or said nothing at all. Guarantee they know exactly where he was at the time of the murder and why he was there and they’re just waiting for the independent data. But now her friends and family are still convinced it wasn’t a suicide and CW is still being crucified and for what? Having money? Walking in to his home and finding 3 dead bodies of ppl he cared for? Of course he hasn’t spoken out. Who would? Until the Sheriff officially and appropriately COMPLETELY clears him, he should stay quiet. Until then, or until something changes and he is arrested or named a suspect, people should stop with the allegations and speculation and he should be allowed to mourn in peace. It’s a complete tragedy and the only thing worse than what it appears happened, would be for another innocent life to be destroyed bc his name is forever tarnished by ppl swearing he is a mass murderer, of children at that.

I agree with some points but you have some conjecture going on there and mixed with contradictions.

- Insinuating LE was sacred into upsetting the 'masses' and already knew what really happened and playing up to the cameras to keep NO friends and family happy.

And then saying LE don't have not completed their findings so therefore should have only talked about their preliminary findings.

The two points don't add up.

You then say they guaranteed know where he was that night etc. But then again you say they are waiting for the data to come through. How can it be a guarantee if they you say they are still waiting for the data?

Another thing is you make it sound like the ME's findings are final. To say good luck finding a prosecutor who will go against the ME's findings. The ME's findings will be discarded if they find compelling evidence to suggest otherwise. Then again you alluded to this so its a moot point to make.

I would give you one thing, the shooting of the upper body did make people suspicious. The fact they were shot in the head does change things a bit but not too much because you will find that most faked suicides are shots to the head too.

It's day 7 and still the LE have not declared it a suicide nor have the ruled out CW as a POI. Yes they are going through all the information but it's taking a wee bit of time, for something you claim they ALREADY know the outcome of. It does not take 7 days to check a surveillance camera, alibi GPS and phone records. But wait! The cynic will say they have to delay findings to give the impression they are doing a thorough investigation.

The best outcome in this case is the right outcome. I have no preference as long as it is the truth. We only make our assumptions based in the information given to us. I went from saying 100% it's was him to now 75%. (because of the new info about the head shots) However, the "I was away all night and came home to find them" story just sounds to convenient to me. Seen that line so many times from convicted killers. Yep! I am sticking with the unpopular theory until proven otherwise.

Officials positively ID youngest victim in San Antonio area triple shooting; mother’s boyfriend ‘person of interest’

Also Thursday, Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar said that Olsen’s boyfriend is a “person of interest” but not a suspect in the case.

Charlie Wheeler, 31, has complied with officers and submitted to tests examining his hands for any traces of gunshot residue, the sheriff said.

“He’s been cooperative with us knowing full well that under the circumstances he’s a person of interest,” Salazar said. “We’re not calling anybody a suspect at this point.”

San Antonio attorney Mark Stevens, who represents Wheeler, expressed frustration with the sheriff’s comments.

“What we would ask is that people not jump to conclusions, that they not demonize this young man who does not deserve it, that they let the professionals do their jobs and complete this investigation and respect the privacy of presumptively innocent people and of Charlie Wheeler, who did not commit a crime here,” Stevens said

Wheeler reported finding the bodies around 9 a.m. Jan. 10.

Salazar said his officers aren’t relying solely on the medical examiner’s findings and will be investigating fully, noting there are numerous “unanswered questions.”

I agree with some points but you have some conjecture going on there and mixed with contradictions.

- Insinuating LE was sacred into upsetting the 'masses' and already knew what really happened and playing up to the cameras to keep NO friends and family happy.

And then saying LE don't have not completed their findings so therefore should have only talked about their preliminary findings.

The two points don't add up.

You then say they guaranteed know where he was that night etc. But then again you say they are waiting for the data to come through. How can it be a guarantee if they you say they are still waiting for the data?

Another thing is you make it sound like the ME's findings are final. To say good luck finding a prosecutor who will go against the ME's findings. The ME's findings will be discarded if they find compelling evidence to suggest otherwise. Then again you alluded to this so its a moot point to make.

I would give you one thing, the shooting of the upper body did make people suspicious. The fact they were shot in the head does change things a bit but not too much because you will find that most faked suicides are shots to the head too.

It's day 7 and still the LE have not declared it a suicide nor have the ruled out CW as a POI. Yes they are going through all the information but it's taking a wee bit of time, for something you claim they ALREADY know the outcome of. It does not take 7 days to check a surveillance camera, alibi GPS and phone records. But wait! The cynic will say they have to delay findings to give the impression they are doing a thorough investigation.

The best outcome in this case is the right outcome. I have no preference as long as it is the truth. We only make our assumptions based in the information given to us. I went from saying 100% it's was him to now 75%. (because of the new info about the head shots) However, the "I was away all night and came home to find them" story just sounds to convenient to me. Seen that line so many times from convicted killers. Yep! I am sticking with the unpopular theory until proven otherwise.

Sorry you didn’t understand my points. I would respond to your issues, however I don’t really understand what you’re saying/asking in a lot of your post (sorry). It seems you possibly misunderstood or don’t understand a lot of what I was saying. Either way, you can’t “throw out” a ME’s findings. And they have said her death was a suicide. They are only still investigating who killed the girls. Justice is all anyone wants in this case I presume.

Thanks for posting swedeheart. I lurked for years also until the Chris Watts case. As far as why she wouldn’t have killed all her kids, including her son; according to what I’ve read, he wasn’t home and doesn’t live there. I believe he was away at college.

I just saw this on the news as well. I almost wish I didn’t see this. It makes me think she was trying to run away so the person had to shoot her again. It makes me sick and breaks my heart. I was hoping they were sound asleep and didn’t know what was coming.

And they have said her death was a suicide. They are only still investigating who killed the girls. Justice is all anyone wants in this case I presume.

This is completely false. The sheriff has stated multiple times that their investigation is separate from that of the Medical Examiner and during the course of their continued investigation they may uncover evidence that leads them to a different conclusion than that of the ME.

“Sheriff: Boyfriend of woman in San Antonio triple shooting is ‘person of interest,’ not a suspect”

“The boyfriend of a woman found shot to death with her two daughters in a gated community of luxury homes near Leon Springs is a ‘person of interest,’ but not a suspect in the case, Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar said Thursday.

Charlie Wheeler, 31, has cooperated fully with the investigation and submitted to tests seeking any traces of gunshot residue on his hands, the sheriff said.

‘He’s been cooperative with us knowing full well that under the circumstances he’s a person of interest,’ Salazar said. ‘We’re not calling anybody a suspect at this point.’

One of Wheeler’s attorneys expressed frustration with the sheriff’s comments and said there is no probable cause indicating Wheeler committed any crime.

‘We think it is regrettable that this young man is being demonized, that he’s now being publicly identified,’ said San Antonio attorney Mark Stevens, one of three lawyers representing Wheeler. ‘He is a young man with no criminal record for violence whatsoever.

[SBM]

Attorneys Therese Huntzinger and Patrick Hancock are also part of Wheeler’s legal team.

[SBM]

Wheeler told officers he found the victims’ bodies when he returned home around 9 a.m. that morning after staying at a relative’s home in another city the night before. Wheeler had departed the residence the previous evening due to conflict in the home, the sheriff said. Investigators are still working to verify his whereabouts during that time period.

‘People have told us that this wasn’t the happiest of relationships,’ Salazar said of Wheeler and Olsen. ‘We take that information into account ... but we can’t just rely on that as a determining factor in motive or anything like that.’”

Sheriff: Boyfriend of woman in San Antonio triple shooting is ‘person of interest,’ not a suspect

Last edited:
I believe he said they aren’t jumping to the conclusion that she committed the homicides. There were 3 deaths here, not just 1. I heard him say they are continuing to investigate, but I never heard him disagree that it was a suicide.
“I want to point out that the medical examiner’s findings are independent of what we may eventually find as we continue to conduct this investigation,” Salazar said Monday. “Ours is a separate, but concurrent, investigation.”

Today Salazar said the shootings aren’t “the most clear-cut case in the world,” noting there are too many “unanswered questions.” His investigators are pressing forward to independently verify whether Olsen’s death was a suicide and to find out who killed the children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member