TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & her 2 daughters found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trey Ware | KTSA

Interview with the sheriff this morning. He bumbled around with answers again.

Just listened. He talks too much, without really saying anything new, and tries very hard to be "buddy buddy".

I wish he would present information without the side comments, and personal stories (while giggling).

Why would he drive to another city? Why not stay with friends nearby?

1. Because he had done it before and it was comfortable.

2. Because sometimes you want to hide your garbage fire personal life from friends.

3. In hard times, family can be more welcoming than friends.

4. Friends with spouses/children/significant others aren’t always good options.

5. Maybe he didn’t have any friends who he felt he could call on who were closer.

6. Maybe he wanted to get right out of town and out some miles between he and the gf.

Decisions made in a highly emotional state aren’t always perfectly rational. <modsnip personal >

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I sort of feel for the guy, I had arguments with my ex, would get in the car and drive far away, just to clear my head, and go running.

What if I had come home and he was dead? Nothing I could do, and no conclusive evidence or alibi for me...

I just found this case last night & finally got through all 27 pages. My gut is telling me murder/suicide but it’s not an overwhelmingly strong feeling. I do feel that there is good potential for hard evidence (security cameras etc).

Shooting Deaths of Texas Mom and 2 Daughters Ruled Murder-Suicide — But Friends Are Skeptical
Sheriff Salazar said that the homeowner is cooperating with authorities as they investigate the case. “Yeah, you’re a person of interest if three people were found deceased in your home, whether you were there or not, and two of them have been listed as homicides,” he told reporters, but stressed that the public shouldn’t rush to judgment.

“We’re a long ways off from naming anybody culpable in the deaths of these girls,” Salazar continued, “but we’re also a long ways off from clearing anybody.”
While authorities continue to investigate the case, those close to Olsen say that she would never have ended three lives so violently.

“There’s no way she would ever do this to her daughters. And not to herself,” Olsen’s friend Jaclyn Galbraith told News4SanAntonio.com.

From Father demands truth to be told in deaths of daughter, ex-wife

Alexa’s father says:

“Even to this day, our relationship as ex-spouses was great," he said. "We never fought our argued when it came to Alexa. I never doubted her choices as a mother. She always made great decisions."”

“"I know, and I can say, that Nichol could not have done this," he said. "The home she was living in, we just feel it wasn't a great place for our children to have been loved."”

Did he have misgivings about his daughter’s living situation?

Have we heard anything from London’s father?

‘She would NEVER kill herself’: Friends demand answers after beloved mom & young daughters found dead inside immaculate mansion, while boyfriend says he was away for the night

[...]

“No one, not ONE person who knew Nichol, can tell you she was capable of killing her girls,” Nichols friend, Vanessa Cardona, told CrimeOnline.

Wheeler reportedly told police he was away from home on the night the trio died, and stated he found them deceased when he returned to the residence. Authorities said he’s been cooperative in the investigation so far.

Cardona, however, said Wheeler was not at Nichol’s vigil and has not reached out to her family or friends, including Nichol’s oldest child, a surviving son. She also said Nichol didn’t talk to her friends as often after she moved in Wheeler.

Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar is apparently aware of the concerns, and told local station KSAT in San Antonio that the medical examiner’s results are considered “somewhat preliminary.” Authorities are awaiting a toxicology report on all three victims.

No one has yet been named as a suspect in the girls’ deaths. Salazar said authorities will continue to investigate and determine if Wheeler’s story checks out.

[...]

Another of Nichol’s friends, Rick Wright, told the station he thought she was murdered, as she would “never kill herself.”

“I would say that she would have had to have been killed,” Wright said. “There’s no way that she would have taken her life, or taken anybody else’s life like that. That’s just not how she was. That wasn’t her – how she thinks. She loved life too much.”

[...]

“The Nichol I knew and loved was very social had a lot of friends and a lot of clients but her kids always came FIRST. Many times we’d invite her to do things and she’d decline because one of the girls or Skylar, her son would have an event or homework.”

I must say, in every case I've had interest in over the years, I've had opinions. Gut feelings. This one confounds me. I believe part of that is the confusion generated by LE. Sometimes silence is better than talking, especially when there is this much emotion involved. You cannot always appease the public and do your job properly. Sometimes job comes first. This is when we really see who has the brains, guts, and fortitude to do unpopular things, no matter what the findings. Right now CW has 3 lawyers. Believe me, they will do everything to keep LE in line. That's what they're paid to do. I hope NO's family has lawyered up, as well.

What if the guy just left his house, and drove around? It disturbs me that people are expected to have an alibi for every single minute of their lives.

“We’re not necessarily doubting him or calling him a liar at this point,” Salazar said Thursday. “What we are doing is trying to verify or refute that independently… Cell phone tower records are probably going to be one of the big determining factors of that. Chances are wherever he was, he continued to use his cell phone.”

In addition to the gunshot residue tests, investigators are still waiting on the results of ballistics tests, DNA tests, toxicology reports, cell phone records, data from cell phone towers showing the whereabouts of people’s cell phones and GPS records showing vehicles’ locations.

Sheriff says boyfriend of woman in San Antonio triple shooting is ‘person of interest,’ but not a suspect

Among my group of girlfriends- anytime one of them went from being single or unattached to living with a guy - definitely a decrease in the time we spent together. No one took offense, some good natured kidding - but wanting to spend time with the guy you love and live with - isn’t a bad thing.

“We’re not necessarily doubting him or calling him a liar at this point,” Salazar said Thursday. “What we are doing is trying to verify or refute that independently… Cell phone tower records are probably going to be one of the big determining factors of that. Chances are wherever he was, he continued to use his cell phone.”

In addition to the gunshot residue tests, investigators are still waiting on the results of ballistics tests, DNA tests, toxicology reports, cell phone records, data from cell phone towers showing the whereabouts of people’s cell phones and GPS records showing vehicles’ locations.

Sheriff says boyfriend of woman in San Antonio triple shooting is ‘person of interest,’ but not a suspect

How long can gunshot residue tests possibly take?

I don't know if they are bumbling the investigation, covering something up or just trying to hold things close to the vest and failing in their delivery. It is definitely confusing things.

Also, I know crime shows have spoiled us as far as timing of reports, but I thought that GSR was one that was legitimately a quick check. Is that not the case?

After following many cases I feel confident in saying that during investigations LE doesn't share with the public everything they know. They need to keep somethings private. Hopefully, we will get a definitive answer soon.

I certainly can't blame him for not showing at her vigil. It seems her friends have already made up their mind about him, regardless of the evidence. Him showing up to the public memorials would have probably resulted in a huge scene. Sad that he can't grieve in public like the others who loved her. MOO.

I certainly can't blame him for not showing at her vigil. It seems her friends have already made up their mind about him, regardless of the evidence. Him showing up to the public memorials would have probably resulted in a huge scene. Sad that he can't grieve in public like the others who loved her. MOO.
Agree with that. Let's wait on the evidence!!!

Trey Ware | KTSA
Interview with the sheriff this morning. He bumbled around with answers again.
Notes made listening to this interview:

Sheriff:
- CID is doing everything they can over there.
- no information that there is camera footage inside house.
- home devices (google home, alexa) existed? looking into that angle yeah for sure.
- no info that makes me doubt the official MEs report as to what happened. Taking it into consideration like everything else. People are sending us tips and we are taking them into consideration. ME says it is suicide let's see about that.
- we have handled suicide cases in the past. We have to handle these cases case by case. A lot of other cases are clear cut...somebody was there, there was a suicide note, there was a video of it and here we just don't have any of that. It would be irresponsible for us to rely solely on what the ME says without some sort of corroborating evidence. They are going to keep looking.
- we know everything about the weapon. I need folks to understand....it is bad for an investigation to put out too much detail so early. I fully understand for friends and family of Nichol and those precious little girls it seems like an eternity. We are doing everything we can. Let us do our work.
- I tell you what is troubling. I have seen stuff on social media that is factually incorrect. I can't jump on and call people liars, you're wrong, here is what it is. Ultimately bad information is going to hurt the case.

Host stated he knows how emotionally difficult it is for a lot of people. He has seen it himself. When something happens the next thing you know friends and family and doctors show up and start saying that was not a suicide. We know people were saying it at the vigil. We had one friend who called the show saying that was not a suicide. A lot of people have reached out to us and I'm sure you're getting that kind of response as well.

Sheriff's response: we're getting responses from everywhere. My sister works at a dental office and received a call from a patient telling her I think your brother should know this this and this about the case. This kind of stuff never happens. This young lady Nichol was connected to everybody in Bexar county. We get that. We get that there's gonna be a lot of eyes on this case. We get that at the end of this case lots of people are going to be interested in open records, subpoenas, and looking at all the evidence. That's why it is important why we get it right. Getting it right takes time. I know it's going to be looked at for years to come and we want to know we got it right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member