TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & her 2 daughters found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the tests just show presence of residue and not the quantity. Her prints would also be on the gun.

It sounds like the Sheriff, a politician, is merely trying to placate the public criticism by insisting they are further investigating. imo, the case is going to be closed as a murder/suicide.
JMO

I agree. It is the Sheriff’s job to investigate thoroughly, and I’m glad they are. But he has to know how emotional people are about this crime, and IMO he’s bending over backwards to show that they’re doing their due diligence.

And I’m leaning towards it being a murder/suicide, too. JMO

A question for this group. Have you guys seen other cases like this in which the level of blame and animosity from friends and family towards the dead person's partner was super high during the investigation even though the partner was not a suspect? Just wondering how the scenario in other cases like this might have turned out.

Not saying I fully believe it is how this case will play out. Just wondering aloud.

Yes!

Spreckels Mansion Back on the Market

People feel so guilty when a loved one commits suicide. Friends/family think they missed something, imo.
This case is far worse, IF, Nichol murdered her children, her legacy defines her as a murderer.
Suicide equates with “crazy”, to a lot of people, imo.
I think family are also left embarrassed.
Jmo

I agree. It is the Sheriff’s job to investigate thoroughly, and I’m glad they are. But he has to know how emotional people are about this crime, and IMO he’s bending over backwards to show that they’re doing their due diligence.

And I’m leaning towards it being a murder/suicide, too. JMO

Managing PR is a big part of every politician's job. I think he's trying to avoid a PR debacle similar to the Rebecca Zahau case which is still churning years later.

Unless the sheriff has specific evidence the bf was involved, he really should stop specifically calling him out in interviews as a POI as he is not the only POI. Maybe he should just stop with the interviews until he's ready to present the facts. And I'm sorry for her loved ones, but not wanting it to be so, and not believing it to be so, doesn't make it so. We don't actually truly know what is going on inside a person . Only what they want us to see.

All IMO, JMO, etc.

Managing PR is a big part of every politician's job. I think he's trying to avoid a PR debacle similar to the Rebecca Zahau case which is still churning years later.

Yes, that’s the case I was thinking of!
Also, the IRS guy found hanging, years ago. Remember?
Suicide is so distasteful, I think mainly for deeply religious people. I mean, none of us can help what someone does.
Frequently, we hear “I just talked to her, she was fine”, but she was not fine. She just didn’t reveal her plans, I think.
Jmo

Unless the sheriff has specific evidence the bf was involved, he really should stop specifically calling him out in interviews as a POI as he is not the only POI. Maybe he should just stop with the interviews until he's ready to present the facts. And I'm sorry for her loved ones, but not wanting it to be so, and not believing it to be so, doesn't make it so. We don't actually truly know what is going on inside a person . Only what they want us to see.

All IMO, JMO, etc.
The facts aren't all in but the ME waited 4 days before he released his findings. I think he had quite a bit of information.

Who does he mean by “we just feel”?
Had the kids shared their account of dissension in the home, maybe arguing, threatening behavior between mom/bf?
Doesn't what he says contradict what the friends say? The friends talk of her being a doting mother. What he says makes me think he didn't like the living situation for his little daughter. Just a thought.

Not to be too morbid, but this case has really gotten to me. I have been trying to imagine what my family and friends would think and say about me in a similar situation. Having never been suicidal, not depressed (not clinically anyway).
Could easily say and would be accurate...
1. Loved her children more than anything
2. Her children were her life. And she did everything possible for them, her priority.
3. And just about everything that has been quoted by NO's friends and family (in numerous news articles already linked on here) as to why they dont believe she could be responsible for either suicide or murder. (For clarity...I'm older, I have 5 kids and not as beautiful as NO;)

I think it would be hard for them to believe though.

And yet... I can understand that if they were NO's whole life, she may have not wanted to leave them here without her. If she felt so distraught as to take her own life, then her fears of leaving them could have taken over. I understand why they dont want to believe the MEs findings. It brings up so many whys, what ifs, and tremendous, irrational guilt for not seeing it coming.
I know the families of all 3 must be in agonizing pain. And CW, too.

If any of you ever attended the funeral of someone that committed suicide, I’m curious. Did you notice an aura of shame?
Fortunately, I’ve only attended one. It was very different than any funeral I ever attended. Sadder than most, too. I think because it was attended by friends & family that felt responsible. I spent 5 hours with the 34 yr old happily married father of two. I knew him well, he trail rode with a large group that day. Not one person noticed any dif in him. He was happy, jovial, playing practical jokes, making plans to attend a cookout later that evening. Instead, he went home & put a gun in his mouth. No one could have predicted. Come to find out, he had many troubles. The biggest, his wife had asked for a divorce, three days earlier, a fact no one knew. In retrospect, we wondered, had he only wanted to get one more ride in, was he unsure of his plan, did he think hanging with friend would change his mind.....or What? We just don’t know what another is thinking. Which, is probably a good thing. Jmo

There doesn’t appear to be any court records indicating a custody battle.
I wonder why London’s father still hasn’t made any comments publicly. It seems as if everyone else has except for him.

Maybe he doesn’t feel a need to make a public comment. It’s not presumptive that he do so.

He just lost a child in a sudden and violent manner. Maybe, just maybe, that is the reason.

Not to be too morbid, but this case has really gotten to me. I have been trying to imagine what my family and friends would think and say about me in a similar situation. Having never been suicidal, not depressed (not clinically anyway).
Could easily say and would be accurate...
1. Loved her children more than anything
2. Her children were her life. And she did everything possible for them, her priority.
3. And just about everything that has been quoted by NO's friends and family (in numerous news articles already linked on here) as to why they dont believe she could be responsible for either suicide or murder. (For clarity...I'm older, I have 5 kids and not as beautiful as NO;)

I think it would be hard for them to believe though.

And yet... I can understand that if they were NO's whole life, she may have not wanted to leave them here without her. If she felt so distraught as to take her own life, then her fears of leaving them could have taken over. I understand why they dont want to believe the MEs findings. It brings up so many whys, what ifs, and tremendous, irrational guilt for not seeing it coming.
I know the families of all 3 must be in agonizing pain. And CW, too.

Ita. Bet she felt her kids had to die rather than be motherless. Or live a life of grief over their inability to recognize NO needed help. Maybe she thought the girls would be separated. So many possibilities. Moo

I'd like to know if there was dissension between mom and 16-yo daughter. That may have been why bf left the house.

JMO

Not to be flippant, but I don't know many moms that don't have some pretty intense times with their 16 year old daughters. However, we do know based on a previous domestic violence charge that NO has a temper. Could there have been an escalation that night between her and daughter that spiraled out of control? What goes on behind closed doors....:(. JMO.

A question for this group. Have you guys seen other cases like this in which the level of blame and animosity from friends and family towards the dead person's partner was super high during the investigation even though the partner was not a suspect? Just wondering how the scenario in other cases like this might have turned out.

Not saying I fully believe it is how this case will play out. Just wondering aloud.
Jennifer Marshell White. Suicide. Prior to finding her body and suicide letter, there was lots of family drama and accusations against her husband, a councilman, who IMO acted like a complete jerk. Moulton PD had to shut down their Facebook page after they posted in favor of her husband and stated Jennifer was bipolar and that the husband has no affair. Oh well, that emotional post was definitely not written by a PR expert (it rather seemed like the husband told them what to post), so they got a lot of angry reactions. Moulton PD never reactivated their Facebook page after that.

we do know based on a previous domestic violence charge that NO has a temper. Could there have been an escalation that night between her and daughter that spiraled out of control? .

According to last night's Express article there were issues that night but between the mother and her boyfriend.

Nichol Leila Olsen quarreled with her boyfriend the night before she and her two daughters were found shot to death in a luxury home in a gated neighborhood near Leon Springs, Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar said Thursday. “I think there’d been an argument at the very least ... and he went to another residence,” Salazar said.

According to last night's Express article there were issues that night but between the mother and her boyfriend.

Nichol Leila Olsen quarreled with her boyfriend the night before she and her two daughters were found shot to death in a luxury home in a gated neighborhood near Leon Springs, Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar said Thursday. “I think there’d been an argument at the very least ... and he went to another residence,” Salazar said.
We don't know what the argument was about. I think it very possible the older daughter took his side and Mom went ballistic and I base that theory on her previous dv charge.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member