TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & her 2 daughters found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to last night's Express article there were issues that night but between the mother and her boyfriend.

Nichol Leila Olsen quarreled with her boyfriend the night before she and her two daughters were found shot to death in a luxury home in a gated neighborhood near Leon Springs, Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar said Thursday. “I think there’d been an argument at the very least ... and he went to another residence,” Salazar said.

I remember he was presumed guilty, since he was away.
I think the coroner is confident in his findings, personally.
He’s the expert in determining COD. Suicide, imo, is very difficult to stage. It can, has, does happen, I’ve seen a lot of TV cases, making me think it’s almost a given the stager gets caught. Moo

Last edited:
If any of you ever attended the funeral of someone that committed suicide, I’m curious. Did you notice an aura of shame?
Fortunately, I’ve only attended one. It was very different than any funeral I ever attended. Sadder than most, too. I think because it was attended by friends & family that felt responsible. I spent 5 hours with the 34 yr old happily married father of two. I knew him well, he trail rode with a large group that day. Not one person noticed any dif in him. He was happy, jovial, playing practical jokes, making plans to attend a cookout later that evening. Instead, he went home & put a gun in his mouth. No one could have predicted. Come to find out, he had many troubles. The biggest, his wife had asked for a divorce, three days earlier, a fact no one knew. In retrospect, we wondered, had he only wanted to get one more ride in, was he unsure of his plan, did he think hanging with friend would change his mind.....or What? We just don’t know what another is thinking. Which, is probably a good thing. Jmo

I have unfortunately attended several. And there is no "shame", just sadness that the person did not reach out for help. Although, I did hear about a family who was very upset with a Catholic priest who basically condemned their son during a funeral based on his suicide. 'Father, please stop': Parents horrified when priest shames teen suicide victim at funeral

In this sad situation, one would hope for more empathy.

Yes!

Spreckels Mansion Back on the Market

People feel so guilty when a loved one commits suicide. Friends/family think they missed something, imo.
This case is far worse, IF, Nichol murdered her children, her legacy defines her as a murderer.
Suicide equates with “crazy”, to a lot of people, imo.
I think family are also left embarrassed.
Jmo

My father commited suicide in a rather public way. The media was all over the story and reported inaacurate details.....I was in my 20’s and a bit outspoken. I personally called the reporter to “set the record straight” as I was infuriated our tragedy was entertaining to others who were creating a false narrative of my dad’s personal life. It was humilating to me and all I wanted to do was protect my fathers name when his (and my families) most vulnerable moments were being exploited. Even 15 years later I still have family members who are in denial and rationalize the circumstances of his death even though I have no doubts myself he took his own life. Denial and projection is a normal part of the grieving process especially in an instance such as this. I don’t know enough about this case to decide if I personally believe foul play is a possibility or not. I think the families and friends of these beautiful ladies are in for a long road of grief, acceptance and forgiveness regardless. MOO

I have unfortunately attended several. And there is no "shame", just sadness that the person did not reach out for help. Although, I did hear about a family who was very upset with a Catholic priest who basically condemned their son during a funeral based on his suicide. 'Father, please stop': Parents horrified when priest shames teen suicide victim at funeral

In this sad situation, one would hope for more empathy.

Glad you had a different experience. Ironically, the officiant at my friend’s service was his long time priest. I vividly recall, his loss of words.......blank stares & eventual words, I found rather unkind. Moo

ETA: Mickey, the link you provided makes me wonder if the same priest officiated the service I attended.
It was so excruciatingly painful, as tho’ things weren’t painful enough.

Last edited:
According to last night's Express article there were issues that night but between the mother and her boyfriend.

Nichol Leila Olsen quarreled with her boyfriend the night before she and her two daughters were found shot to death in a luxury home in a gated neighborhood near Leon Springs, Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar said Thursday. “I think there’d been an argument at the very least ... and he went to another residence,” Salazar said.

But what if NO and bf were on the outs to the point of splitting up, meaning her and girls moving out of the beautiful house. It could have potentially lead to explosive tempers about moving, wanting to live with dad, NO feeling betrayed. Anything is possible IMO.

My father commited suicide in a rather public way. The media was all over the story and reported inaacurate details.....I was in my 20’s and a bit outspoken. I personally called the reporter to “set the record straight” as I was infuriated our tragedy was entertaining to others who were creating a false narrative of my dad’s personal life. It was humilating to me and all I wanted to do was protect my fathers name when his (and my families) most vulnerable moments were being exploited. Even 15 years later I still have family members who are in denial and rationalize the circumstances of his death even though I have no doubts myself he took his own life. Denial and projection is a normal part of the grieving process especially in an instance such as this. I don’t know enough about this case to decide if I personally believe foul play is a possibility or not. I think the families and friends of these beautiful ladies are in for a long road of grief, acceptance and forgiveness regardless. MOO
Very sorry for your loss.

We don't know what the argument was about. I think it very possible the older daughter took his side and Mom went ballistic and I base that theory on her previous dv charge.
JMO
I understand now. Yes I could see the mother pushed to the edge after already aggravated! It will be interesting to see what Alexa's friends, texts and SM interactions reflect.

But what if NO and bf were on the outs to the point of splitting up, meaning her and girls moving out of the beautiful house. It could have potentially lead to explosive tempers about moving, wanting to live with dad, NO feeling betrayed. Anything is possible IMO.

I think this might have been a factor. What if NO had no place to go, no way to provide a home? That would have been so depressing & maybe made her feel “hopeless”.
I realize the kids had a place to go, I think NO preferred they all live together. Or, sadly, die together. Jmo
Sometimes, in the course of a break-up, one party hangs on, hoping the other will reconsider. Moo

I can't connect that and the deaths.....sorry.

I can, if NO had reached the nth degree of exasperation, with her life & situation in general.
How bad were things if the bf/homeowner left his place, for the night. I’d like to know. I doubt we ever will. I’m sure his atty is watching out for him & thinking of a potential civil suit. Jmo

Last edited:
Who does he mean by “we just feel”?
Had the kids shared their account of dissension in the home, maybe arguing, threatening behavior between mom/bf?

Definitely could be!

"...we just feel it wasn't a great place for our children to have been loved."

To me, it sounds like he says "we" on behalf of the families of the children... The Montezs & Bribiescas' and possibly the Olsen family/ friends especially if there were known issues in the relationship and/or household.

There doesn’t appear to be any court records indicating a custody battle.
I wonder why London’s father still hasn’t made any comments publicly. It seems as if everyone else has except for him.
I haven’t seen a statement from the youngest daughter’s father but there is a comment by someone who is identified as her aunt in this article. Seems they spent New Year’s together.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/01/nich...UYBCvKFfMpH2SK1KlhKp82Quc2k25Oy4BHWs6CaGR4nM4

Also, I think the woman who says, “London loved the monkeys...” is the same woman who is quoted in this article.

Texas mother fought with boyfriend before she and her two daughters were found shot dead | Daily Mail Online

Suicide isn’t always planned out....sometimes it’s impulsive or in a fit of rage, especially if someone has a history of such behaviors. Not suggesting that is the case here just that I think often times that’s when survivors can’t come to terms with it.

Not to be too morbid, but this case has really gotten to me. I have been trying to imagine what my family and friends would think and say about me in a similar situation. Having never been suicidal, not depressed (not clinically anyway).
Could easily say and would be accurate...
1. Loved her children more than anything
2. Her children were her life. And she did everything possible for them, her priority.
3. And just about everything that has been quoted by NO's friends and family (in numerous news articles already linked on here) as to why they dont believe she could be responsible for either suicide or murder. (For clarity...I'm older, I have 5 kids and not as beautiful as NO;)

I think it would be hard for them to believe though.

And yet... I can understand that if they were NO's whole life, she may have not wanted to leave them here without her. If she felt so distraught as to take her own life, then her fears of leaving them could have taken over. I understand why they dont want to believe the MEs findings. It brings up so many whys, what ifs, and tremendous, irrational guilt for not seeing it coming.
I know the families of all 3 must be in agonizing pain. And CW, too.

I completely agree. Very valid points.

Definitely could be!

"...we just feel it wasn't a great place for our children to have been loved."

To me, it sounds like he says "we" on behalf of the families of the children... The Montezs & Bribiescas' and possibly the Olsen family/ friends especially if there were known issues in the relationship and/or household.

Right, he also uses “our children”. Does sound like they’ve discussed things. But, this does not explain why they think NO incapable of murder/suicide.
IMO, she had a lot of relationships, for someone her age.
The DV charge (dropped), now the above comment.
Sounds unstable, imo.

Suicide isn’t always planned out....sometimes it’s impulsive or in a fit of rage, especially if someone has a history of such behaviors. Not suggesting that is the case here just that I think often times that’s when survivors can’t come to terms with it.

I so agree. Any given situation can prompt a person considering suicide to carry out their plan, imo.
Do we have tox’ results for NO?

I so agree. Any given situation can prompt a person considering suicide to carry out their plan, imo.
Do we have tox’ results for NO?

Not from what I’ve seen. And to add onto the impulsivity, sometimes the adrenaline rush gives people the courage to act. The whole fight or flight kicks in and fear is replaced by fury. I’m awaiting the tox results, they will be very telling.

Not from what I’ve seen. And to add onto the impulsivity, sometimes the adrenaline rush gives people the courage to act. The whole fight or flight kicks in and fear is replaced by fury. I’m awaiting the tox results, they will be very telling.

Yes, on the tox results. Depression & hopelessness can easily be fueled by alcohol, imo. Then, put a loaded gun in the mix. Not good.
Maybe she had been talking about suicide before he left & he decided it best for him to leave, knowing her kids were there.
LE seems sure they were arguing, the night he left. He’s obv’ the only one that is alive to know. Do you think she was in the process of moving? That would be verifiable.
Had she searched for homes, made calls, packed, had the kids told friends they were moving?
If she “needed” to live there, she must have been devastated, if asked to move. Jmo/speculation

Do you think she was in the process of moving? That would be verifiable.
Had she searched for homes, made calls, packed, had the kids told friends they were moving?
If she “needed” to live there, she must have been devastated, if asked to move. Jmo/speculation
<snipped for brevity>
She had cancelled her appointments for the week. Perhaps in anticipation of moving.(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Child in Time