TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & her 2 daughters found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to know if there was dissension between mom and 16-yo daughter. That may have been why bf left the house.

Having been a desperate single mother at one time of my life and someone who had hurt my children by decisions I made-- I thought this same thing. My daughter would rage at me and yell the truth, and I felt failed and angry at her and myself. They were very volatile situations. I could imagine the oldest daughter feeling afraid to lose the stability of the new home but also fearful of staying there, too. It's an awful thing when the adults in the room are not being the adults. So yes, I can imagine being emotionally capsized by my daughter's anger and a fight with my boyfriend AND the feeling of failure. FWIW MOO ETC

Yes, on the tox results. Depression & hopelessness can easily be fueled by alcohol, imo. Then, put a loaded gun in the mix. Not good.
Maybe she had been talking about suicide before he left & he decided it best for him to leave, knowing her kids were there.
LE seems sure they were arguing, the night he left. He’s obv’ the only one that is alive to know. Do you think she was in the process of moving? That would be verifiable.
Had she searched for homes, made calls, packed, had the kids told friends they were moving?
If she “needed” to live there, she must have been devastated, if asked to move. Jmo/speculation

Yes to the alcohol! I haven’t read much other than they had an argument that evening so I’m not sure if it were a normal spat (although normal doesn’t usually involve staying the night elsewhere) or an emotionally fueled blow out argument. I’m sure there would be evidence of her moving if that is the case. After being together for only 2 years to have the type of disagreement in which one party left for the whole night isn’t a great sign imo. In the 15 years I’ve been married neither my husband or I have taken off angry for the night, but we’d both probably be the one fighting to take off and get a free night solo!

Having been a desperate single mother at one time of my life and someone who had hurt my children by decisions I made-- I thought this same thing. My daughter would rage at me and yell the truth, and I felt failed and angry at her and myself. They were very volatile situations. I could imagine the oldest daughter feeling afraid to lose the stability of the new home but also fearful of staying there, too. It's an awful thing when the adults in the room are not being the adults. So yes, I can imagine being emotionally capsized by my daughter's anger and a fight with my boyfriend AND the feeling of failure. FWIW MOO ETC

Thanks for sharing that and your perspective. I can definitely see this as a possibility. One thing I enjoy about WS is the insight others bring to the table.

Yes to the alcohol! I haven’t read much other than they had an argument that evening so I’m not sure if it were a normal spat (although normal doesn’t usually involve staying the night elsewhere) or an emotionally fueled blow out argument. I’m sure there would be evidence of her moving if that is the case. After being together for only 2 years to have the type of disagreement in which one party left for the whole night isn’t a great sign imo. In the 15 years I’ve been married neither my husband or I have taken off angry for the night, but we’d both probably be the one fighting to take off and get a free night solo!
Lol!
IMO, there’s no one else to blame.
If things were ultra-heated, he used good judgement, by leaving, giving the house to the ladies for the night. He removed himself from what might have resulted in his demise, as well. It appears she had the gun & was ready.
Maybe she was threatening, “if you make me move, you’ll be sorry, I’m killing myself”, type things.
Bet he treads slowly when he enters a new relationship. This had to shatter his world. Not to mention, he probably hates his home.

<snipped for brevity>
She had cancelled her appointments for the week. Perhaps in anticipation of moving.(?)

Thanks. I thought so, I didn’t have time to read back.
I can’t help thinking the number of her past relationships asindicative to her
3, the 2 girls and a son who is 22. She had him at 15 and was divorced by 17 I think?

It seems her relationships were short lived. I see a pattern.
Makes me think she was difficult or hard to please.
The is interesting. Wonder if it will be disbursed. A lot of times, family bickers over funds collected (like in the Rhoden murder case) & refunds the donations.
I’d like to know if the son has a relationship with Mr. W.

Lol!
IMO, there’s no one else to blame.
If things were ultra-heated, he used good judgement, by leaving, giving the house to the ladies for the night. He removed himself from what might have resulted in his demise, as well. It appears she had the gun & was ready.
Maybe she was threatening, “if you make me move, you’ll be sorry, I’m killing myself”, type things.
Bet he treads slowly when he enters a new relationship. This had to shatter his world. Not to mention, he probably hates his home.
Yes, all that glitters is not gold.

Imagine the horror the bf experienced, upon arriving home. Not only the shock, but the fear of being accused!
He must have an extraordinarily strong heart.
Most people, assume a man guilty, if the victim is female.
Wanted to add, from what I’ve read, suicide is often an effort to punish the living.
Moo jmo, all the other stuff.

Things can get emotionally charged whenever there are teenagers in the mix but I think this mother had a history of emotional instability. I wonder if any of the fathers tried to get custody.

JMO

A question for this group. Have you guys seen other cases like this in which the level of blame and animosity from friends and family towards the dead person's partner was super high during the investigation even though the partner was not a suspect? Just wondering how the scenario in other cases like this might have turned out.

Not saying I fully believe it is how this case will play out. Just wondering aloud.

Yes. Mike Kimsey. His family pretty openly accused his wife of murdering him when he disappeared.

There was a lot of family history, the family loved wife #1 and hated wife #2. They were absolutely adament that he would never harm himself . Absolutely adamant that he would never leave his son.

He was found a few months later. Suicide. Family continued to accuse the wife for awhile, but eventually it died down and I presume they accepted the suicide.
There's a thread on WS for him, and tons of articles because his family pushed media coverage .

You mean after she strangely cancelled all her appointments for that week just the day before? BBM.

Olsen had canceled all her work appointments for the week last Tuesday, which Baptiste said she found strange. But the night before her death, Olsen scheduled two appointments with clients for Thursday morning — the same morning her body was found, Baptiste said.
Autopsy rules mother’s shooting death a suicide

Wonder if she scheduled appointments, already knowing she’d be dead, hoping her work would look for her. Maybe she thought CW wouldn’t be home in the a.m.

Yes, on the tox results. Depression & hopelessness can easily be fueled by alcohol, imo. Then, put a loaded gun in the mix. Not good.
Maybe she had been talking about suicide before he left & he decided it best for him to leave, knowing her kids were there.
LE seems sure they were arguing, the night he left. He’s obv’ the only one that is alive to know. Do you think she was in the process of moving? That would be verifiable.
Had she searched for homes, made calls, packed, had the kids told friends they were moving?
If she “needed” to live there, she must have been devastated, if asked to move. Jmo/speculation

If you check through her previous residences, they were pretty nice, not so sure that was the reason. Imo

Things can get emotionally charged whenever there are teenagers in the mix but I think this mother had a history of emotional instability. I wonder if any of the fathers tried to get custody.

JMO

Or, were the fathers glad the girls had each other?
Do you think CW had already found a new gf, NO knew & ultimately decided to end things?
Moo, speculation, so forth

Imagine the horror the bf experienced, upon arriving home. Not only the shock, but the fear of being accused!
He must have an extraordinarily strong heart.
Most people, assume a man guilty, if the victim is female.
Wanted to add, from what I’ve read, suicide is often an effort to punish the living.
Moo jmo, all the other stuff.
Oh yeah! The first words out of my mouth when I heard those headlines (I was with a friend) were, “If he didn’t do it, I hope to hell he has an airtight alibi because he will be thoroughly investigated.”

Yes. Mike Kimsey. His family pretty openly accused his wife of murdering him when he disappeared.

There was a lot of family history, the family loved wife #1 and hated wife #2. They were absolutely adament that he would never harm himself . Absolutely adamant that he would never leave his son.

He was found a few months later. Suicide. Family continued to accuse the wife for awhile, but eventually it died down and I presume they accepted the suicide.
There's a thread on WS for him, and tons of articles because his family pushed media coverage .

How did they decide it was suicide? I thought his bones were outdoors, scattered by animals. It reminds me more of the Kelsey Berreth case than this one.

JMO

Oh yeah! The first words out of my mouth when I heard those headlines (I was with a friend) were, “If he didn’t do it, I hope to hell he has an airtight alibi because he will be thoroughly investigated.”

I “can” imagine. Lol
Many, many years ago, I managed a housing project for elderly/disabled. Most had substance abuse issues.
Weekly, I’d find a deceased person. Now, they died of natural causes. But, I never got over having to call LE, await their arrival & the dreaded “why did you come to Mr. Doe’s apartment?” I felt guilty, even tho’ I was not & usually someone would tell me, “Mr. Doe hasn’t been out of his apartment for three days & his TV never shuts off.”
I imagine being the wealthy boyfriend of a stunning dead woman & two kids would be a kazillion times worse.
After things settled down, wonder if he’s angry? I would be. Had something been missed & this was presented to the Grand Jury, imo, he’d be on death row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Child in Time