TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & her 2 daughters found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Salazar requested them.
He is abdicating responsibility. If nothing else, I'm hoping the Bureau will convince this guy to shut up and let them do the talking. Which won't be much. Hallelujah.
BBM I completely agree! The sheriff doesn't want to piss off the family/friends because he's only worried about the next election. I found it odd when he said he needed an FBI profiler. Is a profiler really needed? I think he's bumbling this case so hopefully the FBI can come in and take the whole thing over. IMO
Edited to add; The FBI can hopefully provide final unbiased conclusion/answers without any outside influences.

Last edited:
https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/l...Bexar-County-Sheriff-s-Office-in-13553110.php

FBI joins investigation into fatal triple shooting in luxury San Antonio-area home
By Peggy O’Hare and Fares Sabawi Updated 5:50 pm CST, Tuesday, January 22, 2019

The FBI is joining the investigation into the shooting deaths of a mother and her two children in a luxury San Antonio-area home, officials with the Bexar County Sheriff's Office announced Tuesday.

At the request of Sheriff Javier Salazar, the bureau will provide technical and investigative assistance while deputies determine what led to the deaths of Nichol Olsen, 37, and her daughters, 16-year-old Alexa Montez and 10-year-old London Bribiescas, the sheriff's office said in a news release on Tuesday, adding authorities would leave "no stone unturned."

<modsnip: snipped to comply with 10% copyright rule>

IMO, Maybe I'm reading too much into his comments, or being overly critical, but several of the statements made by the Sheriff (BBM) give me the impression that when it comes to just "run of the mill" crimes that leave death and destruction in their wake, there's not a lot of "stone turning" going on.

I hope (maybe even expect) that every victim and their families suffering the consequences of a crime like this can be confident that the Sheriff will provide the same amount of dedication in his truth-finding through meticulous investigation.
IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
His last interview with daily mail the sheriff threw out this potentially off of their radar random "unknown" killer. Now he tosses out oh hey, might need a profiler... What in the what is going on? And yet, and yet, every dang time he still mentions the bf as a POI. How about maybe you JUST STOP TALKING!!!!

Honestly, assuming the bf has nothing to hide, he should be grateful if FBI steps in.

All JMO of course.

His last interview with daily mail the sheriff threw out this potentially off of their radar random "unknown" killer. Now he tosses out oh hey, might need a profiler... What in the what is going on? And yet, and yet, every dang time he still mentions the bf as a POI. How about maybe you JUST STOP TALKING!!!!

Honestly, assuming the bf has nothing to hide, he should be grateful if FBI steps in.

All JMO of course.
LOL it is crazy! BBM - Yes, totally agree.

That doesn't make much sense to me. What is a case of public opinion? Like condemning a person without evidence?
i took the comment to not be legal "case" as you seem to be taking it but just as sorta CW's total situation. as an example i, as well as many i have known, sometimes refer to someones overall situation as a "case" like if someone has a mutual friend or if we both just know of a particular individual and our conversation rolls around to them during that conversation one of us might say "well, that's certainly an interesting or messed-up or whatever "case" and in using "case" we commonly mean that persons situation. i have no idea if the OP meant "case" like that but this is how i took the usage of "case"

Did the sheriff really give an interview to the daily mail???? A tabloid? SMH. Don’t get me wrong, the daily mail has its place and sometimes they really do get good inside info before anyone else. But I think the sheriff giving them an interview during an open investigation of this nature, is gross.
the sheriff seems to want to actively promote the BCSO. he arranged for the tv show "cops" to film the activities of himself and deputies late last year. he seems to think that it will help in recruit in the future. so i see part of his media blitz as he thinks it's a way to help him in getting people interested in the BCSO as a place to serve as an officer. just my opinion.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/l...Bexar-County-Sheriff-s-Office-in-13553110.php
Two of Olsen's close friends were elated that the FBI will join the case. Nicole Baptiste, 35, said in a text message to the San Antonio Express-News. "I am overwhelmed with emotions right now. We have been hoping that the FBI would join the investigation since day one. Hopefully now we will get the answers we have been searching for."

"We could not be more thrilled," Myrick said in a text message to the Express-News. "This is an answer to our prayers. ."

Will her friends still be thrilled if the FBI confirms murder/suicide? Hopefully the FBI can use all the friends super useful social media posts to find all the answers.

Last edited:
Isn’t LE supposed to provide the ME with any known info to reach a correct conclusion? Or do they work simply on cause of death? I thought they also determined manner of death, in which case other info is needed.
Yes, the medical examiner should have access to all materials gathered by LE: crime scene photos, reports, etc. It's not uncommon for MEs to go to the scene of a murder.

<snipped>

IMO, Maybe I'm reading too much into his comments, or being overly critical, but several of the statements made by the Sheriff (BBM) give me the impression that when it comes to just "run of the mill" crimes that leave death and destruction in their wake, there's not a lot of "stone turning" going on.

I hope (maybe even expect) that every victim and their families suffering the consequences of a crime like this can be confident that the Sheriff will provide the same amount of dedication in his truth-finding through meticulous investigation.
IMO
Well, I've been looking at other murders in Bexar County, and I can't find another case where the sheriff has gone on a media blitz like this. There is certainly quite a difference.

But the unsolved homicide rate in San Antonio appears to be steadily growing, according to records reviewed by the San Antonio Express-News. In 2015, the department's uncleared rate sat at 28.8 percent. The following year it climbed to 31.2, and in 2017, the number rose again to 34.2 percent.
Her frustration, she said, lies not in the difficulty of the case -- unknown motive, unfamiliar suspects, lack of surveillance video -- but in the police department's lack of communication in the aftermath of the killing. Since her son's funeral in early July, Cornelius has struggled to communicate with the detective investigating her son's killing.
They should make us feel like they care about our family members," she said. "Even if it's a generic email saying they haven't learned anything. It's particularly concerning to me because it's only been a month, but I haven't heard anything. So I guess for the rest of my life I'm going to know nothing."

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/l...rcent-of-homicide-cases-in-first-13137871.php

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/l...pects-arrested-on-murder-charges-13531675.php

Last edited:
Because Salazar requested them.
He is abdicating responsibility. If nothing else, I'm hoping the Bureau will convince this guy to shut up and let them do the talking. Which won't be much. Hallelujah.
Indeed. The FBI is working without pay during the government shut-down and usually says nothing during an on-going investigation. Not sure why Salazar even mentioned them.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members