GUILTY TX - Noted sniper Chris Kyle & Chad Littlefield slain at Erath County gun range

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Or is the idea that he was crazy in an impulsive way but not crazy in the sense that he had delusions about what he was doing?

Sorry for the double post.

I have no idea what he thought.
There are very few murderers that I think believed they would get away with it.
You have to really plan and be prepared to murder someone and get away with it.
Almost nobody does that. So I don't know what MOST murderers are thinking to be honest. :twocents:

I haven't followed the trial at all. For those of you who think the verdict was right (not just legally correct) what's your general theory of motive?

He was a maladjusted individual since school days. He was a heavy user of pot & alcohol for a long period of time (since teen years).........not just recreational but true addiction. The mixture with psychotropic drugs was a bad combo. His mother & uncle were enablers of these habits. For them, these substances were apparently something to get a buzz, but for ERR it caused drug induced psychosis.

I have just been notified of this. For anyone interested..............10 of the American Sniper jurors will appear on ABC's 20/20 Friday 2/27/15.

Where did you read combat flashbacks were involved? I haven't seen that yet. All I've read is the part about he felt threatened (the kill them before they killed him comment), and later he took two souls and sold his soul for a truck.

I think I'd be too afraid to listen to the confession but I would be interested in reading the whole thing.

Me too. I wasn't able to follow the trial, but does anyone know if someone testified as the sequence of events that occurred that day as the defendant went to the murder location?

Thanks for these responses. I had a certain picture of the crime in my mind based of very sketchy details but it seems that those of you that have followed it more closely have a different understanding. Maybe there will be a big writeup on Wikipedia if there isn't already.

The killer never saw combat, he was an arms repair technician. Just like in Haiti: he never saw bodies piled up, that's a lie- he never left the boat.

Thanks for these responses. I had a certain picture of the crime in my mind based of very sketchy details but it seems that those of you that have followed it more closely have a different understanding. Maybe there will be a big writeup on Wikipedia if there isn't already.

Thanks to one of our member, YESorNO, those of us following the trial closely had the next best thing to a front row seat in the courtroom. If you will go back in this thread to the start of the trial YESorNO has posted hundreds of tweets & applicable links to more information & videos.

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq 3h3 hours ago
"@kristenorsborn: JUST IN: Eddie Routh, convicted in murders of sniper Chris Kyle and friend Chad Littlefield, just transferred to prison."

Just saw that Eddie Routh's parents are going to be on Dr. Phil Monday

Just saw that Eddie Routh's parents are going to be on Dr. Phil Monday

Thanks for the information!! Right now I'm not sure I will be able to watch this without getting extremely angry. I feel no sorrow for Routh's mother. Both she & her brother were reported as being enablers of Routh's bad habits of drugs, booze & psychotropic meds. Any thinking person should know that this is NOT a good combination. In addition, I know someone who was present in some of the pre-trial hearings when Mrs. Routh acted in a disrespectable & hostile manner to the victim's families. My opinion is that she is just looking for sympathy for herself & her son. I have always admired Dr. Phil for his no nonsense & tough love approach to people & their problems. Hopefully he doesn't go all soft on this case. I will be debating with myself between now & Monday.

Well, I watched Dr. Phil & what can I say?????????? His mom is still in denial..........the jury got it wrong...........it's the Va's fault & on & on ad nausium. Apparently there is drug issues within the family. Jody Routh smoked pot with him the day before the killing, his uncle smoked pot & drank whiskey with him the day of the killing, & today on Dr. Phil it was revealed that Routh Sr. had a brother who died from an overdose of morphine. You would think that at some point this family would figure out that illegal drugs are not good.

I can not watch DR Phil anymore but I did see the clip on one of the morning shows today of the interview. I just can not fault a mom for wanting to believe that something other than being evil is the reason their child did something awful like this. It must be hard to be the parent of a murderer and I have sympathy for them.

Well, I watched Dr. Phil & what can I say?????????? His mom is still in denial..........the jury got it wrong...........it's the Va's fault & on & on ad nausium. Apparently there is drug issues within the family. Jody Routh smoked pot with him the day before the killing, his uncle smoked pot & drank whiskey with him the day of the killing, & today on Dr. Phil it was revealed that Routh Sr. had a brother who died from an overdose of morphine. You would think that at some point this family would figure out that illegal drugs are not good.

Thanks for the reminder--here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaxguOT0jnY

I only watched the first 15 minutes or so~~had to give up after blame game.

I stayed with it although it wasn't easy. Those people are just living in a dream world & I'm quite disgusted with Dr. Phil for giving them air time!

'The best thing I ever did was give my heart to you': American Sniper widow posts touching tribute on anniversary of Chris Kyle's death (with clip)

"Taya Kyle's tribute marked the three-year-anniversary of his death..

Taya Kyle, 41, has revealed that the past few months, which saw both the release of a movie about her husband and Routh being found guilty of capital murder, have been 'particularly hard'.

Taya called her husband and Littlefield's death an act of 'pure evil at work' but said she did not want to focus on 'the pain and grief' that remains in her life, but rather what she has learned from it.

30D9131100000578-0-image-a-3_1454524336847.jpg

(Taya took to Facebook to share was she has learned in the years since her husband Chris was gunned down by fellow war veteran Eddie Ray Routh at a shooting range in Rough Creek, Texas, on February 2, 2013)

'I have learned:

Some loves will last forever. Wishing you could go back is futile, but the lessons learned you can take with you on the journey ahead. People can rob us blind and hurt us, but God keeps his promise to counteract evil with beauty. It's our job to wait and keep our hearts open to seeing it. Justice for the big and even smaller offenses take time. The timing is not in our control.

I have learned...We are never alone in our pain; never the only ones suffering in life - it's part of the human walk. Everyone needs a helping hand and a kind, understanding ear. Joy/happiness is not a destination, sometimes it's simply a choice. Hard work - spiritually, emotionally and physically - is worth the results/reward. Our work is never done.

Dreams take time to realize. It's the process that matters. Children grow up fast. God puts the right people in our path at the right time. Traditional family isn't our only family. People have an enormous capacity to love even through their own pain.

The actions we take in life, the love we show, the character we prove in our actions....all live on long after we do. The beautiful things we do in life MATTER, we may never know the effect of each small ripple of kindness we put into the world. Trust me though, it lives on.

I have learned the way you love a child,or any person for that matter, will be frozen in time when your number comes up, so make it a love that will carry them through life. Chris did an extraordinary job of this and I am grateful every single day.

I have learned...There was only one Chris Kyle. People say you learn to live with the pain, and maybe that's true. I have learned how to survive, to do my best at carrying on his spirit and his legacy but I have not learned to fully live without the man.

I have learned...I don't heal without help. I am immensely grateful for those who have helped. I am not a quitter even when I feel like quitting. I have learned that showing up, putting one foot in front of the other, is 90% of the battle.

There are so many loving people who will help another, not for fanfare and not for personal gain, but simply because love guides their life. I am blessed to have met many of these people and have them in my life.

I am grateful to God for showing me love lives and our spirit lives on.

To Chris, thank you for loving me and letting me love you. As my wedding ring is inscribed, you are "My love, My life" I would run this race, loving you every step of the way, all over again. The best thing I ever did was give my heart to you'..."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-tribute-anniversary-Chris-Kyle-s-death.html

30D9130C00000578-0-image-m-2_1454524310024.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RIP :candle:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back