TX/OK/MI/MN Cedric Marks - POI in 2 TX homicides and 1 MN missing, Also claimed OK murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

BrownPaperBag

Reaction score
This is an offshoot of the case involving the first missing and now found murdered Texas couple, Jenna Scott and Michael Swearingin. I did find these links posted in the "Travis Sidebar Friends" thread inside a private forum, but I don't see a thread regarding him specifically or for his missing ex April Pease who disappeared in Minnesota in 2009.

The complicated case of two missing Temple friends whose bodies were found in Oklahoma

Cedric Marks has been arrested for burgling murder victim Jenna Scott's home. His current girlfriend and also his wife (an army staff sergeant) have been arrested along with him - is girlfriend helped transport victim Michael Swearingin's car down to Austin, and his wife harbored him knowing that he was a fugitive.

He was the recent ex-boyfriend of murder victim Jenna Scott, who had filed a temporary protective order which he violated back in September. Jenna Scott had reported on court documents that "he told me he had killed someone in Oklahoma but that he was able to cover it up and that he could do the same here in Texas."

Jenna Scott and Michael Swearingin's bodies were found in Clearview, Oklahoma (between Oklahoma City and Tulsa.)

Cedric Marks was arrested in Kent County, Michigan on these home burgling charges - so he does have some tie to Michigan.

He is also listed as a person of interest in the disappearance of Minnesota woman April Pease, who has been missing since 2009, who is the mother of one of his children.

Missing April Pease' mother speaks out in this youtube video.

I'm curious whether the person he claimed to have killed in Oklahoma can be identified and also if there are other missing or murdered people in his wake.

If he is the kind of person to kill his partners/exes, there has been a decade between these two incidents.

Cedric Marks' family says he has ties to rural Oklahoma -- His cousin said they have a reunion in Clearview every year and that his father grew up there.

He was last working teaching women's self-defense, and he appears to have been a mixed martial arts competitor who goes by the name "Spider-man."

It looks like he was in the Killeen, Texas area in 2004, as he was aquitted of assault against a man whom he said called him a racial epithet.

His recent charges from September 2018 show his middle name as Joseph and he was 44 (birthdate 7/15/1974) at the time of his arrest - charges include "Viol/bond/protective order," "interf w/ emergency req for assistance", "viol bond/protective order," "false report to police off/sp inv/law enf empl," "assault causes bodily injury family member."

Link to April Lee Pease Minnesota Missing Person page

NAT_5513_1.jpg

First Name: April Lee
Middle Name: Lee
Last Name: Pease

Age When Last Known Alive: 31
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 63.0
Weight: 120.0

City: Bloomington
State: Minnesota
County: Hennepin

Hair: Brown
Eye: Brown
Scars And Marks: Mole right eye
Tattoos: Tattoo on abdomen, small tattoo of a butterfly on left buttock

New article states he married one woman while still being married to another and criss-crossed the country.

He reportedly married Ginell McDonough in 2002 and is still listed as legally married.

But in 2009 another woman, Kristina Marks emerged in Oregon.

She married Marks in Illinois, but filed for divorce when, she told a judge in Oregon’s Circuit Court, she discovered that Marks had been married to another woman for four years at the same time.

Marks had been a polygamist for years, records show.

At the same time, Marks had a baby with April Pease in Washington state.

After several tumultuous and violent years, records show, Pease told a Judge in a Kitsap County, Wash., courtroom, "I am very afraid of Marks and have every indication if he discovers where I am he will come here and kill or seriously harm me."

Just a few months later, after a bitter child custody dispute with Marks, Pease disappeared in Bloomington, Minn., never to be seen again.

In his early years Marks got in trouble in California and Oklahoma, records show.

According to Tulsa, Okla., district court records, he was found guilty of attempted robbery with a gun.

In 2017, Marks' mixed martial arts career ended and he started teaching it in Killeen.

He met Jenna Scott and after a rough two years, she asked a judge for protection saying, "Marks threatens and hurts me and told me he had gotten away with murder before,” records show.

But 264th District Court Judge Paul LePak in Bell County denied her request for a protective order in September.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back