TX TX or Mexico -- Husband & wife Frank Guzman & Caroline Katba, last seen in Austin, TX, believed to have been in Veracruz, Mexico, July 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

vls12345

Reaction score
1727489651124.png

1727489903640.jpeg

UT Austin student and his wife missing in Mexico for more than two months

Loved ones say the couple was last seen in a town in Veracruz, which is currently under a travel advisory.

Frank Guzman was reported missing by the Texas Department of Public Safety after he was last seen in Austin on July 18. However, family members say he's not the only one missing.

According to his sister, he was traveling through Mexico with his wife, Caroline Katba, when friends and family say they lost contact with the couple on July 22. Elizabeth Guzman said they believe the couple's last known location was in the Veracruz state of Mexico, in the town of Coatzacoalcos.

Frank Guzman and Katba were traveling by car to Chile so he could do some research for his doctorate. Authorities say they were driving in a gray 2016 Toyota Prius hatchback with the Texas license plate SDM 2449.

Elizabeth Guzman said UT Austin and American and Mexican authorities are working to find the couple. Anyone with information on the couple can contact the DPS Missing Persons Clearinghouse.

KVUE reached out to UT on details about the search and says they cannot provide information on a student-related matter but says the university does have an international critical incident response team that works with the State Department and other embassies to locate travelers.

(I do not see Caroline Katba listed in the DPS Missing Persons Clearinghouse.)

Frank's sister's IG where she has some links to news reporting, plus a document with a plan to help spread the word & ask for the public's help:

AD_4nXdtlepevuyyZxLrF_1kVjv3sOH35pYv9bgK1USt5FHkps6z9nXV_aCgHiW9bF72-BgS7h1fZUCycNhftir1x8Bj_GgwgGkSJpDRV7SF5humGu5kF9lOrhSDhDFCUY0hk64G8Ex53m_AArHUosZUHx92Kqt6

AD_4nXd-NkENCbeq6FY2g1f0VyvzbRwZDw8o1WF-vGjxRNmwyTzSCaiaW1pNDA1K8urO-c0484kfzIrWa0jdoClknN8HOaErDPN3kgXeTaxXGlXcFSTAwqIBYY5WIzMp0iFCGw8wbXXqwzbZX8WYRkd0YbVigDvV

From Frank's sister's document:

View attachment 533967

View attachment 533968

(I do not see Caroline Katba listed in the DPS Missing Persons Clearinghouse.)
Driving to Chile?? Why would that seem like a good idea? I hope they are safe.

Driving to Chile?? Why would that seem like a good idea? I hope they are safe.

In the interview, his sister said he loved to travel, to be a part of the world, so I'm thinking they probably considered it a fun adventure & a chance to see/visit numerous places on their trip to Chile. Imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CWM227
Back