TX TX or Mexico -- Husband & wife Frank Guzman & Caroline Katba, last seen in Austin, TX, believed to have been in Veracruz, Mexico, July 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They had clearly veered off the PanAmerican Highway (which is a bucket-list trip from Mexico to Chile) to take in some other sites east of that route, since that specific highway doesn't go near Veracruz. There are several 'don't miss' areas and sites they could have been heading for in southern Mexico, however my inclination in July would have been to get out of the sweltering lowlands (including the Yucatan) and head to the mountains, particularly San Cristobal. It would be a 5 hr drive from Coatzacoalcos. But I know nothing about their interests or heat and humidity tolerance.

JMO

So we don't think they got to Panama? (Sorry if this has been mentioned, skimmed a bit) What was their plan for navigating the Darien Gap? I ask because that's the part where the danger is strongest IMO.

So we don't think they got to Panama? (Sorry if this has been mentioned, skimmed a bit) What was their plan for navigating the Darien Gap? I ask because that's the part where the danger is strongest IMO.
Seems like they were keeping loved ones updated regularly, IMO they did not make it to Panama and are somewhere in Guatemala.

Do we know if they were planning on take the route north or south of Chiapas on the way to Guatemala? What was their SIM card situation like, did they have to get a new one in each country they passed through or were they using wifi to communicate? What is the political/social situation in Chiapas like right now?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Plumsy1
Back