Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020 #2 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is it that they give you the chance to join the military rather than jail time?
I can’t answer for the other poster but during the Vietnam War era, and when they had the draft, if you were low on the draft numbers but got arrested for something, the judge would give guys the choice of enlisting in the military or going to jail. I know several who chose the military.

Maybe that’s what the poster meant, that it is still in practice today. Who knows.

Last edited:
Ok I read lots. First I read two different places for two different bodies, then I read walking distance from other remains. Those could have been all the male solider.

Tim Miller has the reputation that he’s honest and hard working to find answers for families. If he says the search is over, it’s over. That means Vanessa has been found. I can only imagine what lead him to search the area he’s been in. Tips, confessions, who knows. I’m just glad she’s been found. Hopefully that beings who put her in that grave one step closer to being caught.

If she was being sexually harassed but never reported it, then her harasser doesn’t have that as a motive to off her. Maybe if he continued it, she told him she’d report him if it didn’t stop and he decided to eliminate the threat?

I hope they find out who called her in to work on her off day. Feels like she was lured there. I pray they have a lot more answers and know who murdered her and buried her out by Leon River.

Hubby and I use to go out to Belton Lake to picnic but never went to Leon River, or Stillhouse Lake for that matter. He passed in 2017 so I can’t even ask him if we knew about Stillhouse Lake or Leon River. We didn’t have gas money to go anyplace back then. Ah, the good old poor days. IME MOO IMO

Last edited:
The initial search of the area had to have been based on more than a hunch.
Yes, Tim Miller said the search was based on information given to him by LE. I think he said it was a tip or that somebody was talking. It sounded like it was something substantial. He said they found items believed to belong to Vanessa and that her cellphone had likely been tossed in or near the water.

He said the area where they found the partial remains was missed the first time because it was well covered or well hidden or something like that.

Since the body was likely buried two months ago, there probably weren't any signs of disturbed earth. Or maybe it's become overgrown with tall weeds or grass.

Imo

No. These are not in the same area, nor even the same city as Gregory’s remains were found.

I think there is some confusion because there appears to be three discoveries not two.

I believe the remains found in the weekend were in the same area. The news articles said within walking distance. 3400 block vs 3200 block of Florence Road. Definitely the same city of Killeen.

Another set of remains found in Killeen

So the first set of remains was found on the 19th of June, confirmed to be Gregory's.

Then a second set of remains not yet confirmed human found on Saturday June 27th. Apparently found within walking distance of of the first set of remains. These could possibly be more of Gregory's remains or animal remains.

Now we have reports of partial remains (believed to be Vanessa's) by the Leon River in Bell County found on Tuesday 30th. This is much closer to Belton, which is roughly 20 miles east of Killeen.

Hope that clears things up.

holy carp. this is one of the scariest cases i've read about in recent times. it's just one thing after another. if you look at all these deaths individually, yeah, people die; suicide, murder, etc, especially prevalent in our troops considering their line of work. but when you look at all of it as one big picture, this is NOT normal. it's quite creepy. MOO. moo.

No matter which case this suicide is connected to.. You don't just take your own life. The trauma, pressure, possible feeling of guilt it must have been immense.

Concerning Vanessa, I still think there are multiple people involved, because I refuse to believe she is someone who would go down without a fight. The persons involved must have known that also hence my thought about a group (two or three). You simply can't do this on your own.

No matter which case this suicide is connected to.. You don't just take your own life. The trauma, pressure, possible feeling of guilt it must have been immense.

Concerning Vanessa, I still think there are multiple people involved, because I refuse to believe she is someone who would go down without a fight. The persons involved must have known that also hence my thought about a group (two or three). You simply can't do this on your own.
I agree. I think there are definitely more people involved. Although we don’t know what case, it kinda makes you wonder. Maybe this person saw on tv, and knew it was over. This is all just so disturbing. I just hope this family gets answers. I know sometimes not knowing all the details is best, but I can’t imagine as a parent, thinking everyday what her last moments were like, what she did to fight back, what she saw, etc. Praying for the family. They need as many thoughts and prayers right now.

Tim Miller says it’s Vanessa. This was the same area TES searched a few days ago, and they obviously had a strong reason to be in that area.

It’s not the same spot where that other soldier’s remains were found, and there doesn’t appear to be any connection between the killings.

You’re talking about victims of two different genders, who went missing under very different circumstances.

“The search is over,” the group’s founder, Tim Miller, told KWTX as he left to head for the scene.

ETA: It is also my understanding that Morales’ remains were bones. CID and other agencies returned to this area after someone reported a “foul odor.” Obviously that would only account for it being someone who had been dead for a much shorter period of time.

Human remains found in search for missing Fort Hood private

The news footage in that link is worth watching due to Tim Miller being interviewed. He is such a class act, being both extremely knowledgeable and truly empathetic for those who have lost their loved ones.

UPDATE: The Army has discovered partial human remains close to the Leon River near Fort Hood. They do not yet if those remains belong to PFC Vanessa Guillen.
https://twitter.com/arelisrhdz/status/1278055939963305984?s=21

I usually just scan my "following" threads to see when a missing person has been found, then jump back on. I don't see that mods have yet to move to found section due to not positively id'd yet by ME, and only came here due to REMAINS FOUND banner at the WS header.

RIP, and back to catching up on the recent events.

Last edited:
MOO don't think they fool around when finding a body. They need photos, samples, large evidence team, detectives, coroner etc.
Think they would not take any risk of deterioration of the scene.

In this case the killer could reasonably expect the body to be found very soon, as it was publicly announced that VG items were found. Killer knew how close those items are to the body.

May be nothing, may be everything.

#BREAKING A suspect in a #FortHood CID case is dead after what police say is a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

I’ve been out here all morning and will have the latest starting at 4:30a.m. on @kwtx

View attachment 253636

https://twitter.com/brandonkwtx/status/1278249699586322432?s=21

WHY do these suspects do this?! We see this more often than you’d think. I was afraid this would happen. WHY do they kill someone, just to turn around and kill themselves when the missing person is found murdered?! What was the POINT of killing someone when you just kill yourself when they’re found?! If you’re that worried about getting caught in a murder....how about DON’T do it to start with!!:mad:
ALL JMO

WHY do these suspects do this?! We see this more often than you’d think. I was afraid this would happen. WHY do they kill someone, just to turn around and kill themselves when the missing person is found murdered?! What was the POINT of killing someone when you just kill yourself when they’re found?! If you’re that worried about getting caught in a murder....how about DON’T do it to start with!!:mad:
ALL JMO
They just don’t think that far ahead. If they do, they think they can get away with it.

TES was searching specific areas, and I think it’s probable that CID told them where to look, based on evidence regarding the movements of a potential suspect.

If true, the body was the missing piece. The timing of this could be a coincidence, but I don’t think so.

The location makes it more likely that it’s related to the Morales murder, but the timing makes it more likely it’s a suspect in Vanessa’s case.

So the edge goes to Vanessa, if it is related to either of them at all. I’m not a fan of coincidences, at least here.

Tim has been through Hell and back 100 times over with the disappearance and death of his daughter. He is a total saint to do this work. He knows what it feels like to be told your loved one’s remains have been found after they’ve disappeared. NO WAY would he make a statement that she’s been found carelessly, as he knows all too well what pain this will bring to her family and friends. There must have been clothing or something very evident for him to say that. The article stated that the suspect killed himself as officials tried to pick him up early this morning. Right in front of them. This leads me to hope that they have a whole string of evidence to positively point to his involvement. This is just awful.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member