Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020 #2 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In addition to this, leaving the base without your ID does not make you a "fugitive"...soldiers sometimes leave their ID in their CAC (Common Access Card) reader and can get back on base with an alternate form of ID, or reciting their SSN and being seen in the database with their smiling face.

It would be MUCH easier to take your ID with you and get on and off the base with the person you agreed to go with, since your theory seems to think that....

I don't think she left the base alive.

I fully appreciate and understand that emotions are running high at the moment, but if you see a post which you believe is offensive or out of line please please just alert on it, don’t respond.

Let myself and other mods handle it...I will be online all evening/night. The absolute last thing I want to see is this thread shut down because of the need for a massive clean up.

I fully appreciate and understand that emotions are running high at the moment, but if you see a post which you believe is offensive or out of line please please just alert on it, don’t respond.

Let myself and other mods handle it...I will be online all evening/night. The absolute last thing I want to see is this thread shut down because of the need for a massive clean up.

I will take a break for the night, I am getting emotional.

I will reserve my final thoughts until the remains have been positively identified as Vanessa, but I have no basis on which to discount TES/Tim Miller’s statement.

Regardless, all my thoughts are with Vanessa’s family, loved ones, & friends tonight. They have been steadfast in their resolve and deserve nothing but my utmost admiration and respect.
MOO Agree. They loved her with all their heart.

I am so upset! I can’t quit crying. Vanessa is a case that got deep into my heart. She was sooo young. She seemed like such a wonderful person. I believe Tim, bless his ginormous heart. I just pray to the high Heavens that the person/people responsible for this have to pay hardcore. Justice for Vanessa! My heart hurts for her family. I can’t even imagine her poor Mom. I’m angry and heartbroken and I didn’t even know her! I hope the Army isn’t able to cover this up. I actually don’t think they will with her case.
ALL JMO

Texas EquuSearch founder Tim Miller told ABC13 the search and rescue non-profit has stopped its search until an autopsy is performed.

Miller said the remains were found in a shallow grave three feet from where the group found evidence last time.

The founder said the Army CID cadaver dogs missed the remains the first time they searched
the area.

Human remains found in search for missing Fort Hood soldier
So it’s possible these remains could be from Wedel-Morales.
Is this or is this not the same place he was found last week? The two wouldn’t be in the same place unless they were killed by the same person/people.

Awaiting autopsy results, but Tim Miller is absolutely convinced it is her.
MassGuy you are way ahead of me. I am certain Tim Miller would never say he was certain unless there is no question the remains belong to Vanessa.
My apologies if this link has already been posted
ABC13-Steve Campion

Miller said the remains were found in a shallow grave about 100 feet from the Leon River, a short distance from where searchers found another missing soldier, Gregory Wedel-Morales, on June 19. He said the remains found Tuesday had been concealed “to the point where nobody could see it.”

Remains of Vanessa Guillen likely found near Fort Hood, search leader says

This very small distance between them bothers me
Exactly. It means either these remains are Morales or we gave a serial killer. How would that be possible? So these remains must be further remains of Morales?

Exactly. It means either these remains are Morales or we gave a serial killer. How would that be possible? So these remains must be further remains of Morales?
Tim Miller says it’s Vanessa. This was the same area TES searched a few days ago, and they obviously had a strong reason to be in that area.

It’s not the same spot where that other soldier’s remains were found, and there doesn’t appear to be any connection between the killings.

You’re talking about victims of two different genders, who went missing under very different circumstances.

“The search is over,” the group’s founder, Tim Miller, told KWTX as he left to head for the scene.

ETA: It is also my understanding that Morales’ remains were bones. CID and other agencies returned to this area after someone reported a “foul odor.” Obviously that would only account for it being someone who had been dead for a much shorter period of time.

Human remains found in search for missing Fort Hood private

There's something puzzling going on because the impression I get is that there are two new discoveries, not one. One might expect the earlier reports to be the same thing, but there were a lot of witness accounts on SM and even live video which indicated the initial report might be more of Morales' remains and right near the spot his remains were first recovered.

But this appears to be close but not at the same spot.

It's confusing because the initial report was saying 3400 block (vs 3200). I looked on Google Earth and the two possible areas are very close and joined by a dirt road. I haven't tried to figure out where this location today is, though.

I guess we just need to wait to hear the confirmed details.

Tim Miller with Texas Equusearch, which led several searches based on tips for Guillen, said, "The search is over pending positive identification. I believe it's her."

Miller said the remains were found in a shallow grave but were concealed well enough that the dogs used in the first search did not find them.

Miller said he informed Guillen's family about the remains.

Human remains found during search for Vanessa Guillen near Leon River

"The remains were found in a shallow grave about 100 feet from the Leon River, a short distance from where searchers last week found evidence believed to be tied to her disappearance, Miller said, adding that they body was concealed “to the point where nobody could see it.”

Miller said he could not elaborate on the evidence that links Guillén to the remains, citing the open criminal investigation. In a statement, the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command said the identification process “can take time."

This is from this article. The evidence items found by TM team last week were near Little River -Academy 436 Leon Bridge Road just east of Belton, not near Wedel, he was found at Kings Ct. Killeen.

Back a million years ago, as a newlywed, my husband was stationed at Ft. Hood and I went with him. (Yeh, in the olden days it was called stationed, not deployed or anything else.)
He spent close to two years at Ft. Hood so as the dutiful wife who practically had “Property of United States of America” Stamped on the bottom of my foot, I shopped at the PX and the commissary. I went to Darnall Army Hospital for my medical needs. I knew Ft. Hood well back in the day. I lived that life.

First off, I had to laugh at the idea that Ft. Hood could be closed down because of this. There are billions of dollars invested in this fort. Hundreds of billions. The armaments, training, structures, equipment, personnel involved in this base is massive. Bigger than any one person.

My heart goes out to Vanessa’s mom but her call for the base closure is just emotion fed.

If Rosecrans, Morales and Guillen’s deaths are not related, Ft. Hood has got three murderers in their midsts. Scary. These need to be found.

I sincerely hope someone’s conscience got the better if them and they are taking. Vanessa’s family deserves answers and Vanessa deserves justice.

IME, IMO, MOO

"The remains were found in a shallow grave about 100 feet from the Leon River, a short distance from where searchers last week found evidence believed to be tied to her disappearance, Miller said, adding that they body was concealed “to the point where nobody could see it.”

Miller said he could not elaborate on the evidence that links Guillén to the remains, citing the open criminal investigation. In a statement, the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command said the identification process “can take time."

This is from this article. The evidence items found by TM team last week were near Little River -Academy 436 Leon Bridge Road just east of Belton, not near Wedel, he was found at Kings Ct. Killeen.

Thank you.

Attachments

• 063020.found.here.4.JPG
    063020.found.here.4.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 063020.found.here.1.JPG
    063020.found.here.1.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 78
  • 063020.found.here.2.JPG
    063020.found.here.2.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 063020.found.here.3.JPG