Found Deceased TX - Phillip Loveday, 47, Pastor, left phone at home, no show at work, Corpus Christi, 2 August 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX — The Corpus Christi Police Department is searching for a local pastor.

According to police, Phillip Loveday, aged 47, was last seen Wednesday, Aug. 2, at 9:30 a.m. in the 4900 block of Cape Vista Court as he left for work.

Concerns were raised when left his cellphone behind one morning when he left for work at Kinder Morgan, an oil and gas company. His wife noticed the phone left behind when she called him later in the day and heard a ringing coming from the bathroom.

The family said this was not unusual behavior from Loveday as he would accidentally forget his phone sometimes. What was unusual was that he didn't find another way to get in contact with the family as the day went on.

Loveday’s boss at Kinder Morgan told the family he never made it to work that morning.

KRIS 6 spoke with Faith Christian Center Church members who told us they expected Pastor Loveday to show up Wednesday night to preach, but became concerned when he never came. Instead of having bible study that night, members in attendance came together to pray for his safety and health.

Mr. Loveday is approximately 5 feet 11 inches tall and weighs approximately 200 pounds. He has blonde hair and blue eyes. He was last seen wearing a dark blue long sleeve, Wrangler pants and steel toed boots.

The family urges anyone who lives between Corpus Christi and Freer to check any surveillance cameras and keep an eye out around property for any sign of Loveday.

If you have any information on Loveday's whereabouts, you are asked to call the Corpus Christi Police Department at (361) 886-2840 or (361) 886-2600.

This is local to me. It’s like he just vanished. But there’s something lacking in the family and LE messaging that leads me to think voluntarily missing. Very sad, he’s known and loved by so many.

phillip loveday

“I’m not seeing anything that might indicate foul play, but then again there’s a lot of territory between here and his work site so it’s hard to tell,” Corpus Christi Police Public Information Officer Travis Pace said to KRIS-TV.

Although some sites have spelled his name Philip Loveday, posts from police and family indicate the correct spelling is Phillip.
phillip loveday

Facebook (Melea Loveday)Phillip Loveday with his wife.

There seems to be much care and concern for him on social media which is good to keep his story out there. Only one thing I had questions about. He's a pastor, and if you look at his church's webpage he's one of 3 pastors, he being the lead. Looks like a good-sized leadership team (my church, with 130 members, has just one pastor and a secretary and that's it, by way of comparison). So I don't understand why he's got a full-time job elsewhere. Pastors don't make a ton of money but it's also a full-time job in most churches. My opinion only, but I just found this odd, but perhaps not in a small town.

There seems to be much care and concern for him on social media which is good to keep his story out there. Only one thing I had questions about. He's a pastor, and if you look at his church's webpage he's one of 3 pastors, he being the lead. Looks like a good-sized leadership team (my church, with 130 members, has just one pastor and a secretary and that's it, by way of comparison). So I don't understand why he's got a full-time job elsewhere. Pastors don't make a ton of money but it's also a full-time job in most churches. My opinion only, but I just found this odd, but perhaps not in a small town.

JMO but you’re probably correct with it being small town, it’s that way in South Georgia and some of the Churches have a large congregation.

Authorities have confirmed to 3NEWS that the body found in a Kinder Morgan truck on FM 2444 and County Road 43 is missing Freer pastor Phillip Loveday.

Authorities say it's clear that Loveday had been dead for some time.
He died of a gunshot wound. No foul play is suspected

Prayers to his family/friends and congregation.

Authorities have confirmed to 3NEWS that the body found in a Kinder Morgan truck on FM 2444 and County Road 43 is missing Freer pastor Phillip Loveday.

Authorities say it's clear that Loveday had been dead for some time.
He died of a gunshot wound. No foul play is suspected

Prayers to his family/friends and congregation.
I don’t know why as I didn’t know him, but this one hit hard. RIP. He seemed very loved and cherished judging by social media.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jzouzie
Back