TX - Police respond to reports of shooter at Santa Fe High School, 18 May 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

Does anyone know if Mom and Dad lived together in same home? Saw a pic of family home, was decent, I wonder

if trailer shooter lived in was on a different property not connected to family home. ??

And what I guess is clear to most people here and elsewhere, saying "yes" dooms you to a life of miserable tortured enslavement, unless you break up in the future, which would likely be even more dangerous (but the right and again even possibly self-interested thing to do) than never going out with him to begin with.

It can be deadly in any country. If he kept pestering his co-worker at work to date him, it would have been considered sexual harassment and he could have been fired.

I guess the big difference is, only the woman would be at risk, not nine (and more) others...

And what I guess is clear to most people here and elsewhere, saying "yes" dooms you to a life of miserable tortured enslavement, unless you break up in the future, which would likely be even more dangerous (but the right and again even possibly self-interested thing to do) than never going out with him to begin with.

Good luck saying your asexual, or homosexual to get them to go away- it still doesn't work. They only try/pester more!

Does anyone know if Mom and Dad lived together in same home? Saw a pic of family home, was decent, I wonder

if trailer shooter lived in was on a different property not connected to family home. ??

I've read conflicting reports I cannot find anything definative yet.
You were right this was triggered by rejection. (not her fault though).

A letter from mother regarding her child's experience while hiding from shooter.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/19/us/santa-fe-high-school-deedra-van-ness/index.html

Finally, the gunman surrenders and police take him into custody.
As the door to the closet opens, she is staring at guns pointed at her. They are instructed to put their hands ups and slowly leave the closet. As they are leaving the closet, they are walking past bodies in the classroom and hallways. They are frisked and removed from the building where they are placed in police cars awaiting questioning.

The ones who are lucky enough to survive, then have to experience having more guns pointed at them, and being treated like criminals. Only in America. :facepalm:

A letter from mother regarding her child's experience while hiding from shooter.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/19/us/santa-fe-high-school-deedra-van-ness/index.html

Finally, the gunman surrenders and police take him into custody.
As the door to the closet opens, she is staring at guns pointed at her. They are instructed to put their hands ups and slowly leave the closet. As they are leaving the closet, they are walking past bodies in the classroom and hallways. They are frisked and removed from the building where they are placed in police cars awaiting questioning.

The ones who are lucky enough to survive, then have to experience having more guns pointed at them, and being treated like criminals. Only in America. :facepalm:

Attorney cites bullying reports; school says untrue

The attorney for the suspected Texas high school gunman says “it appears” there might have been “teacher-on-student” bullying of shooting suspect Dmitrios Pagourtzis prior to the attack.

Nicholas Poehl says he’s read reports of his client being bullied by football coaches at Santa Fe high school, where 10 people were killed and 13 wounded Friday. But he said, “I don’t have confirmation on that.”

In an online statement, however, the school district says it investigated bullying accusations and “confirmed that these reports were untrue.”

[...]

http://gatorpress.com/?p=43534

Also he hasn’t been on the football team since 2016. Smh

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-...-cooperating-with-12927991.php?ipid=happening
Updated 9:34 am, Sunday, May 20, 2018

SANTA FE &#8212; The mother of 16-year-old Shana Fisher . . . [...]

. . . authorities released the names of those killed at Santa Fe High School Friday, identifying eight students and two teachers who died in the deadliest school shooting in Texas in 50 years.

The teachers were identified as Glenda Perkins and Cynthia Tisdale, 64. The students included Fisher, 16; Angelique Ramirez, 15; Christopher Jake Stone, 17; Jared Black, 17; Christian Riley Garcia, 15; Sabika Sheikh; Aaron Kyle McLeod, 15; and Kimberly Vaughan.

&#8220;Please keep the families in your thoughts as they mourn this tragic loss,&#8221; Galveston County District Attorney Jack Roady said, in a release that accompanied the list of the dead.

On Saturday, the FBI also raised the number of wounded in the attack to 13 from 10.

He is confused.
After shooting 10 people (at least) and now he is confused. Insanity plea?

This article also says he acted alone. Wonder what happened to the other person who was detained Friday?

If you asked the teens they all knew he was off. His parents probably suspected something but cannot admit it because of lawsuits. There's always red flags if people are paying attention.
I wonder if his parents were aware of his youtube videos. Didn't they find it odd that he was wearing a trench coat in warm weather?

I wonder if his parents were aware of his youtube videos. Didn't they find it odd that he was wearing a trench coat in warm weather?

I read he lived alone at the trailor, if so they wouldn't know.
I am still trying to find that report he lived alone and cannot find it anymore.

I don't understand WHY society, at both extremes of this issue, can't come to a compromise, a middle ground, to stop this violence or at least put a dent in it.

When 18-20 year olds (yes, some States allowed the minimum at 18) were legally allowed to consume alcohol, alcohol related auto deaths for the 18-20 age group were prevalent, among other things...........thus the National Minimum Drinking Age Act of 1984. It didn't bring back Prohibition, it didn't take alcohol away from "adults", it saved lives, and in many States held parents responsible for prohibiting it's use by their children and being responsible for the alcohol they brought into their homes.

Let's drop the argument about 18 year olds can join the military or vote. There is no "Draft", 18 year olds join the military now for many reasons and most have a sense of maturity when doing so. 18 year olds have the right to vote, and again, maturity usually drives those who do.

Hunting is one thing, when supervised by an adult.
Competitive shooting, when supervised by an adult.
Shooting at a range, when supervised by an adult.

If children are the future of our country, WHY are we tolerating laws that allow them to kill each other?

The above is a start. Mental health is a much harder task to deal with. It takes $$$$$. Secured schools, $$$$$. Armed teachers and school police, $$$$. Social media and bullying? Where do we start on that?

Death is death, there's no "do overs", that life is gone forever, that loss is felt forever.

We can analyze each of these tragedies till the cows come home, dissect the lives of these killers to the second of every minute of their young lives, but that will NOT bring back the dead.

Isn't it time to be pro-active?

JMHO....as a gun owner, mother, and grandmother.

I don't understand WHY society, at both extremes of this issue, can't come to a compromise, a middle ground, to stop this violence or at least put a dent in it.

When 18-20 year olds (yes, some States allowed the minimum at 18) were legally allowed to consume alcohol, alcohol related auto deaths for the 18-20 age group were prevalent, among other things...........thus the National Minimum Drinking Age Act of 1984. It didn't bring back Prohibition, it didn't take alcohol away from "adults", it saved lives, and in many States held parents responsible for prohibiting it's use by their children and being responsible for the alcohol they brought into their homes.

Let's drop the argument about 18 year olds can join the military or vote. There is no "Draft", 18 year olds join the military now for many reasons and most have a sense of maturity when doing so. 18 year olds have the right to vote, and again, maturity usually drives those who do.

Hunting is one thing, when supervised by an adult.
Competitive shooting, when supervised by an adult.
Shooting at a range, when supervised by an adult.

If children are the future of our country, WHY are we tolerating laws that allow them to kill each other?

The above is a start. Mental health is a much harder task to deal with. It takes $$$$$. Secured schools, $$$$$. Armed teachers and school police, $$$$. Social media and bullying? Where do we start on that?

Death is death, there's no "do overs", that life is gone forever, that loss is felt forever.

We can analyze each of these tragedies till the cows come home, dissect the lives of these killers to the second of every minute of their young lives, but that will NOT bring back the dead.

Isn't it time to be pro-active?

JMHO....as a gun owner, mother, and grandmother.

Yes! I agree with you. First step would be better gun control/regulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CameraSnap