TX - Police respond to reports of shooter at Santa Fe High School, 18 May 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It can be very difficult to determine who is bullying who. For example, some reports say that the shooter was bullied. Yet one of the victim's family reports that the shooter was harassing and bullying their daughter.

Yes. Lots of people keep saying that the murderers were bullied and that's the reason they attacked. But profiles of these types show most were thetype not to be bullied, but to bully themselves. Coupled with a lack of compassion and empathy toward others.

The ones who are lucky enough to survive, then have to experience having more guns pointed at them, and being treated like criminals. Only in America. :facepalm:
I am an educator and never understood why they did that until I spent an entire day in a workshop with one of the very first law enforcement officers to enter Columbine school on the day it was attacked who explained why they have students hold hands in air, etc.

The officers have no idea how many other students may be accomplices or part of the attack. An accomplice or a shooter could very well have hidden in a closet with other innocent students. Their main goal is to get students to safety and it is unfortunate that they may scare students in their attempt to do so.

I noticed that quickly disappeared/ ?

Happens every.single.time when there is a mass shooting. Always reports of a second suspect in early reports and then it gets forgotten about. I have no idea why. But it is a fact.

I am an educator and never understood why they did that until I spent an entire day in a workshop with one of the very first law enforcement officers to enter Columbine school on the day it was attacked who explained why they have students hold hands in air, etc.

The officers have no idea how many other students may be accomplices or part of the attack. An accomplice or a shooter could very well have hidden in a closet with other innocent students. Their main goal is to get students to safety and it is unfortunate that they may scare students in their attempt to do so.

I don't agree that that is an acceptable way to treat victims of crime. That is just LEOs looking out for their own safety over the safety of others. If their main goal was to get students to safety, they wouldn't have taken 30 minutes to get to the classroom, where the gunman was still shooting students. Once again students have died because of the slow response of LEOs to a school shooting. Nothing has changed since Columbine.

I don't agree that that is an acceptable way to treat victims of crime. That is just LEOs looking out for their own safety over the safety of others. If their main goal was to get students to safety, they wouldn't have taken 30 minutes to get to the classroom, where the gunman was still shooting students. Once again students have died because of the slow response of LEOs to a school shooting. Nothing has changed since Columbine.

Armed resource officer responded during the shooting but the shooter shot him. So it's not accurate to say the response was slow. This wasn't like Parkland where resource officer stayed outside. Here the officer actually confronted the shooter but he was the one who got shot. Sounds like he almost died.
'

Yes. Lots of people keep saying that the murderers were bullied and that's the reason they attacked. But profiles of these types show most were thetype not to be bullied, but to bully themselves. Coupled with a lack of compassion and empathy toward others.

Yes, I agree. A school shooter is the ultimate bully.

It would be interesting to see how many WS'ers were bullied at school.
Remember saying "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me"?

When I was growing up, my red hair, freckles, and shortness were a constant source of torment. I did have a few close friends, several are still my BFF's. For some reason they were popular, and cherished my friendship as I theirs.

"Freckle face strawberry"
"Carrot top"
"Shrimp"

It hurt, and I wished back then that I was blond, tan, and/or above average height like my siblings, and a big portion of my peers.

But I didn't take out my hurt on others. What makes some children think they can retaliate now days? Is it non supportive parents?

My husband was also short and Jewish. We went from Kindergarten through High School together. You can imagine what kind of taunting he was on the receiving end of. He didn't retaliate.

Happens every.single.time when there is a mass shooting. Always reports of a second suspect in early reports and then it gets forgotten about. I have no idea why. But it is a fact.

I think I remember reading it's potentially something to do with the acoustics when a gun goes off and echos, but I can't find the link now...

In most of the shootings shooter is found to be acting alone. Of course not always-Columbine is an example of two perps acting together.

It would be interesting to see how many WS'ers were bullied at school.
Remember saying "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me"?

When I was growing up, my red hair, freckles, and shortness were a constant source of torment. I did have a few close friends, several are still my BFF's. For some reason they were popular, and cherished my friendship as I theirs.

"Freckle face strawberry"
"Carrot top"
"Shrimp"

It hurt, and I wished back then that I was blond, tan, and/or above average height like my siblings, and a big portion of my peers.

But I didn't take out my hurt on others. What makes some children think they can retaliate now days? Is it non supportive parents?

My husband was also short and Jewish. We went from Kindergarten through High School together. You can imagine what kind of taunting he was on the receiving end of. He didn't retaliate.

I was the "weird kid" - bit too similar profile to many murderers for my liking!! - but no, I wasn't bullied; I was pretty much just ignored.

Texas Lieutenant Governor Calls For ‘Hardening’ Of Schools

SANTA FE, Texas (AP) — Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick called Sunday for a “hardening” of the nation’s school buildings in the wake of the attack by a 17-year-old student who killed 10 people at a high school near Houston.

Patrick, a Republican, blamed a “culture of violence” and said more needs to be done to keep shooters away from students, such as restricting school entrances and arming teachers.

“When you’re facing someone who’s an active shooter, the best way to take that shooter down is with a gun. But even better than that is four to five guns to one,” he told CNN’s “State of the Union.”

[...]

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2018/05/20/texas-school-shooting-santa-fe-high/

Texas Lieutenant Governor Calls For ‘Hardening’ Of Schools

SANTA FE, Texas (AP) — Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick called Sunday for a “hardening” of the nation’s school buildings in the wake of the attack by a 17-year-old student who killed 10 people at a high school near Houston.

Patrick, a Republican, blamed a “culture of violence” and said more needs to be done to keep shooters away from students, such as restricting school entrances and arming teachers.

“When you’re facing someone who’s an active shooter, the best way to take that shooter down is with a gun. But even better than that is four to five guns to one,” he told CNN’s “State of the Union.”

[...]

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2018/05/20/texas-school-shooting-santa-fe-high/

Someone did face the shooter -the school resource officer. Then that someone got shot and almost killed. The school actually had two armed officers as far as I can tell. So I guess Patrick thinks that if elderly substitute teacher was armed she could have stopped the shooting when two armed cops couldn't.

In most of the shootings shooter is found to be acting alone. Of course not always-Columbine is an example of two perps acting together.

A lot of this reminds me of Columbine.
Trench Coat
Explosives
Taunting victims while shooting.
Not shooting some so they can 'tell his story'

Someone did face the shooter -the school resource officer. Then that someone got shot and almost killed. The school actually had two armed officers as far as I can tell. So I guess Patrick thinks that if elderly substitute teacher was armed she could have stopped the shooting when two armed cops couldn't.
That, plus less school entrances. :thinking:

The ones who are lucky enough to survive, then have to experience having more guns pointed at them, and being treated like criminals. Only in America. :facepalm:

I get what you're saying. I thought the same during the video of LE holding guns on students during the Parkland shooting.
On the other hand...after the initial shock of having guns pointed at them after the trauma was a sense of relief at seeing those uniforms and guns to protect them. IMO

Actually, some protocols have changed since Columbine and this was explained in my workshop. Officers are now allowed to immediately enter schools which was not the protocol when Columbine happened. Schools have numerous rooms, rooms with closets, hallways, hallway closets, number of students, etc. Law enforcement also has to rely on information on where the shooter is once they get there. It seems like it should not have taken that long, but I doubt they were dawdling/loitering around before going into the school.

Actually, some protocols have changed since Columbine and this was explained in my workshop. Officers are now allowed to immediately enter schools which was not the protocol when Columbine happened. Schools have numerous rooms, rooms with closets, hallways, hallway closets, number of students, etc. Law enforcement also has to rely on information on where the shooter is once they get there. It seems like it should not have taken that long, but I doubt they were dawdling/loitering around before going into the school.

Again, Santa Fe had an armed cop who was on the scene during the shooting, but cop was the one who got shot. So response didn't take long, it just failed to stop the shooter due to cop getting shot himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shayput1996